Okay...to settle this, the church shooter could not legally own any gun...

You are talking about the wrong type of profiling. I'm not sure what political clan you are putting me in since I don't have one. BTW those are called Terry Stops. They are authorized in the court ruling Terry v. Ohio.

Yet -- they are OPPOSED by leftist politicians and their clan..

Could care less about sweating about Trump. I'm not a big fan. (Of COURSE you "don't have a political clan" --- yet he rents a cottage and an empty barn in your head -- :badgrin:)

That is a horrible attempt at a troll post.

I'm not against Terry Stops, but I am however against the abuse of them, like when officers are found to stop 90%+ of only minorities compared to whites despite the fact that they are such a small portion of the population.

So... you going to get me an example of Trump admitting he was wrong on ANYTHING? I mean if he doesn't have some kind of mental defect it should be easy to find something on him at some point in his life where he admits to making a mistake, and not blaming it on someone else.

Oh -- so you LOVE profiling, but NOT when it's done in Black neighborhoods? Or where the most gang shootings exist? Kinda breaks the efficacy of the practice when you put those limits on it.. Imagine the fun that would ensue with profiling "crazy"..

We could start with folks that spend too much time on Social Media.. Probably a TON of "papers" on that.

You're not a member of political clan, but keep busting my peaceful day with your TDSyndrome.. :rofl:

You are talking about the wrong type of profiling. I'm not sure what political clan you are putting me in since I don't have one. BTW those are called Terry Stops. They are authorized in the court ruling Terry v. Ohio.

Could care less about sweating about Trump. I'm not a big fan. (Of COURSE you "don't have a political clan" --- yet he rents a cottage and an empty barn in your head -- :badgrin:)

I'm not against Terry Stops, but I am however against the abuse of them, like when officers are found to stop 90%+ of only minorities compared to whites despite the fact that they are such a small portion of the population.

So... you going to get me an example of Trump admitting he was wrong on ANYTHING? I mean if he doesn't have some kind of mental defect it should be easy to find something on him at some point in his life where he admits to making a mistake, and not blaming it on someone else.

Oh -- so you LOVE profiling, but NOT when it's done in Black neighborhoods? Or where the most gang shootings exist? Kinda breaks the efficacy of the practice when you put those limits on it.. Imagine the fun that would ensue with profiling "crazy"..

We could start with folks that spend too much time on Social Media.. Probably a TON of "papers" on that.

You're not a member of political clan, but keep busting my peaceful day with your TDSyndrome.. :rofl:

I already told you... you are talking about the wrong kind of profiling. I'm talking about profiling criminals as in... once a crime is committed profilers go through the clues to profile who the possible suspect is, not fucking walking down the street profiling people to pat down or pull over.

[...]

[...]
While it is true that proportionately more Terry stops are performed on Blacks than on Whites, it also is true that Blacks commit proportionately more crimes than Whites do, thereby prompting a proportionately higher sense of suspicion on the part of the police. The statistically greater propensity for criminal conduct is the reason for the higher level of suspicion by police -- not racial difference.

If this were not true why are there no complaints of excessive police action from the Asian communities? I've never heard of a Chinese complaint of racist action by police -- or any other official body. Why is that?

The whole premise of this thread is untrue. It was discovered today that he bought two guns from Academy or somewhere like that, and that he passed background checks on both. So yes he could legally own the gun.

This is to settle the discussion on wether a dishonorable discharge is a felony, thereby banning gun ownership....

Dishonorable Discharge and NFA Firearms

The dishonorable discharge is based on a general court-martial conviction. This means the conviction is a felony, regardless of what the underlying offense may have been. The convicted felon is banned from possessing a firearm including Title II Firearms (a Silencer, SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machine Gun).

A person who is convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year ( including a dishonorable discharge) is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), a felon who is found guilty of gun possession may serve up to 10 years in prison.

If you have been convicted of a felony or a dishonorable discharge, be careful of constructive possession. You could be guilty of being in possession of a firearm if your spouse or another family or household member has a firearm that you “could” access.

So...which gun law stopped this guy from getting his gun?
Thanks

Looks like more thorough background checks are needed

[...]

[...]
While it is true that proportionately more Terry stops are performed on Blacks than on Whites, it also is true that Blacks commit proportionately more crimes than Whites do, thereby prompting a proportionately higher sense of suspicion on the part of the police. The statistically greater propensity for criminal conduct is the reason for the higher level of suspicion by police -- not racial difference.

If this were not true why are there no complaints of excessive police action from the Asian communities? I've never heard of a Chinese complaint of racist action by police -- or any other official body. Why is that?

Blacks are arrested and convicted of more crimes... and there is a whole other story to that, and I don't feel like repeating it again.

White juveniles use marijuana more than Black juveniles yet Black juveniles are arrested extremely more often. And when you talk about illegal prescription drug abuse? White juveniles are ahead of minorities by a mile... so when is the last time you heard of a SWAT team breaking down the door of a White suburban family to arrest their kids for drugs?

The whole premise of this thread is untrue. It was discovered today that he bought two guns from Academy or somewhere like that, and that he passed background checks on both. So yes he could legally own the gun.

No...actually, he could not legally own the gun....there was a glitch in the federal system that didn't put through his discharge from the Air Force...notice that the Texas system did work, and denied him a concealed carry permit.

This is to settle the discussion on wether a dishonorable discharge is a felony, thereby banning gun ownership....

Dishonorable Discharge and NFA Firearms

The dishonorable discharge is based on a general court-martial conviction. This means the conviction is a felony, regardless of what the underlying offense may have been. The convicted felon is banned from possessing a firearm including Title II Firearms (a Silencer, SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machine Gun).

A person who is convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year ( including a dishonorable discharge) is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), a felon who is found guilty of gun possession may serve up to 10 years in prison.

If you have been convicted of a felony or a dishonorable discharge, be careful of constructive possession. You could be guilty of being in possession of a firearm if your spouse or another family or household member has a firearm that you “could” access.

Thanks

Looks like more thorough background checks are needed

No...it looks like the current system for federally mandated background checks at gun stores needs to fucking work...Since Texas was able to vet him and found his record, and then denied his concealed carry permit.......the Federal background system.....that morons like you drool over...fucked up, and allowed him to get those guns....

None, that's why the whole system needs an overhaul.

Wrong...we already could have arrested this guy...he couldn't legally own those guns....the NICS system could be fixed....but you guys don't care about that...

Anybody who knew about his weapons and that he should not have had them has murder blood guilt on them.

Until the second he killed the first person, the NRA still considered him to be a good guy with a gun.
You are quite mistaken. He was dishonorably discharged from the military and he had a history of violent behavior. The NRA would not approve of him owning guns.
-----------------

Correction to the above: He had a BCD (Bad Conduct Discharge). Not a Dishonorable. My error. But the NRA would still distance itself from this guy based on his assaultive background.

Someone should find out if Insta-Check uses Military Court orders. And if they are up to date. Because they SHOULD BE there..

I guess that would be a good thing to do, but it wouldn't have stopped him from easily buying the gun in Texas. If a check stopped him from buying it from a dealer, he could have easily bought it from an individual with no check.

Moron...he passed the Federal Background check at the gun store...that means...moron....that he would have passed the same background check for a private sale.....Texas and their system worked...they found his record and then denied him the concealed carry permit...the federal system that you morons drool over fucked up.....and allowed him to get those guns...

Whoever sold him the gun should go to jail

No.....they did the required Federal Background check...and the U.S. government told the gun store it was okay to sell him the gun...........

Either intelligent firearms proponents will police themselves with reasonable approaches to the problem or Draconian legislation will eventually be passed. It's up to Second Amendment adherents to find a solution if they desire to keep that amendment as it is.

Either intelligent firearms proponents will police themselves with reasonable approaches to the problem or Draconian legislation will eventually be passed. It's up to Second Amendment adherents to find a solution if they desire to keep that amendment as it is.

We already have one....put actual gun criminals in jail for 30 years. The democrats do not want to do this..since they keep letting violent gun criminals out of jail over and over again....

I already told you... you are talking about the wrong kind of profiling. I'm talking about profiling criminals as in... once a crime is committed profilers go through the clues to profile who the possible suspect is, not fucking walking down the street profiling people to pat down or pull over.

Once a crime is committed, it's not the kind of profiling that by DEFINITION -- is meant to PREVENT particular crimes. It becomes an investigative tactic -- not a "crime prevention" tactic. Stop and Frisk is a "prevention" tactic and is FAR more controversial than simply "following the odds" to connect the dots on a committed crime..

What's being discussed in terms of gun control -- are CLEARLY prevention tactics..
And are FAR MORE tricky than "playing the odds" to find an actual perp..

Once a crime is committed, it's not the kind of profiling that by DEFINITION -- is meant to PREVENT particular crimes. It becomes an investigative tactic -- not a "crime prevention" tactic. Stop and Frisk is a "prevention" tactic and is FAR more controversial than simply "following the odds" to connect the dots on a committed crime..

What's being discussed in terms of gun control -- are CLEARLY prevention tactics..
And are FAR MORE tricky than "playing the odds" to find an actual perp..

...and now you are off the rails. This all started when you said that psych professionals who gave their opinion of whether Trump had a mental defect without examining him in person were wackos, and I said that the government does the same thing all the time with criminal profilers. You took the criminal profilers in the wrong direction to mean Terry Stops on the street, and I told you that was the wrong kind of profiling. You argued about Terry Stops again... and I told you repeated you were talking about the wrong kind of profiling. Now you are saying my comment isn't relevant because it isn't a prevention of crime.

I think you thought by making a comment about some fake Donald Trump Derangement Syndrome you were being funny, and all it did was cause you to lose track of the conversation.

Yes when the armed citizen shot him he dropped the gun (meaning he stopped shooting innocent victims) and he took off running.

Are you saying that to stop an armed bad guy you need an armed good guy? WTF???? Where have I heard that before?

Forum List

Back