Okay...to settle this, the church shooter could not legally own any gun...

Ha, the Texas background check?

Is that a check to make sure that you have purchased alcohol too?

He illegally owned a gun... and posted it on his Facebook to the world and people didn't notify law enforcement. All those people are complicity in the murders he committed for not doing something. We can't expect law enforcement to be EVERYWHERE and do EVERYTHING...
He passed 2 Texas background checks when he bought his guns.

Yes you ignorant goddamned fuck IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW FOR HIM TO BE IN POSSESSION OF THAT GUN!. Wow. Those laws suuuure are effective!
In Texas they are not, thank you NRA. He passed 2 background checks after being turned down for a concealed carry permit.

He illegally owned a gun... and posted it on his Facebook to the world and people didn't notify law enforcement. All those people are complicity in the murders he committed for not doing something. We can't expect law enforcement to be EVERYWHERE and do EVERYTHING...
He passed 2 Texas background checks when he bought his guns.

He may have passed them, but he shouldn't have. A conviction of domestic violence automatically disqualifies someone from being able to buy a gun. The only thing I could possibly see, is that because it was in the military it didn't put him on the list? They are trying to find out about this too... they just talked about it on the news.

Yes when the armed citizen shot him he dropped the gun (meaning he stopped shooting innocent victims) and he took off running.

Are you saying that to stop an armed bad guy you need an armed good guy? WTF???? Where have I heard that before?
What? Comrade apm, he had shot more than fifty people, almost everyone in the church. WTF???

Sooo... the Air Force just admitted they fucked up and didn't enter his domestic violence charge in the system that would have made him fail the background check.

Yeah, that's a pretty huge fuck up.

Until the second he killed the first person, the NRA still considered him to be a good guy with a gun.
you might want to mention that from the time he killed all of those people until he drew his last breath [and perhaps still do] the ACLU considered/considers him innocent and who should not be randomly stopped and frisked.

I nailed it!
27 Murdered in Texas Church

The TERRORIST preached ATHEISM. THAT is the motive.
LIAR!

Texas Shooting: Devin Kelley sent threatening texts before Sutherland Springs church attack, police say
The massacre appeared to stem from a domestic situation and was not racially or religiously motivated, Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said.

Yep, they keep saying his mother-in-law goes to the church he shot up... it seems his intent was domestic.

Until the second he killed the first person, the NRA still considered him to be a good guy with a gun.
you might want to mention that from the time he killed all of those people until he drew his last breath [and perhaps still do] the ACLU considered/considers him innocent and who should not be randomly stopped and frisked.

It's not the ACLU, it's the Constitution. You are innocent until you are proven guilty by a jury of your peers.

You are quite mistaken. He was dishonorably discharged from the military and he had a history of violent behavior. The NRA would not approve of him owning guns.
-----------------

Correction to the above: He had a BCD (Bad Conduct Discharge). Not a Dishonorable. My error. But the NRA would still distance itself from this guy based on his assaultive background.

Someone should find out if Insta-Check uses Military Court orders. And if they are up to date. Because they SHOULD BE there..

I guess that would be a good thing to do, but it wouldn't have stopped him from easily buying the gun in Texas. If a check stopped him from buying it from a dealer, he could have easily bought it from an individual with no check.

There aren't enough Fed licensed dealers to handle all private sales. You'd have to provide separate infrastructure, Like an office in every WalMart. I've done private sales because I had 40 Match quality competition rifles to dispose of in my dad's estate. Took awhile. MOST went thru dealers. But there's a lot of camps and civic Junior Rifle Clubs that compete ALL OVER the nation that WANT these cheaper than they'd be thru a dealer commission. .

States CAN require that all private sales go thru FFLs. And it's illegal to do a private sale across state lines. What else ya want?

Universal background checks are what I want, Shutdown of sites like Armslist where guns can be sold online without background checks is what I want. Reasonable gun control is what I want.

If any trades are being interstate on a site like Armslist -- the BATF SHOULD be aware of it. It's not legal. Talk to them.. What do you KNOW about this site? Other than the HuffPo told you it was a bad thing..

I know there are lots of guns claimed to be originally purchased within the last few months, and advertised as like new that are available for purchase without a background check.

Anybody who knew about his weapons and that he should not have had them has murder blood guilt on them.

He as a convicted felon troll. You must enjoy making yourself out to be an idiot.

Yet he easily bought several guns from several gun shops.

No....he filled out the required paperwork and underwent the Federal, mandated, background check.....that isn't easy....you caan get a car with less work.....

No. He was the known shooter the entire time. It's not like he could have been an innocent person harassed for no reason.

Anybody who knew about his weapons and that he should not have had them has murder blood guilt on them.

He as a convicted felon troll. You must enjoy making yourself out to be an idiot.

No....he filled out the required paperwork and underwent the Federal, mandated, background check.....that isn't easy....you caan get a car with less work.....

Did he get the guns or not?

No. He was the known shooter the entire time. It's not like he could have been an innocent person harassed for no reason.
And with all of that knowledge they still believe he is innocent until proven guilty and that he should not be subjected to random "stop and frisk"

Did he get the guns or not?

He got them because the U.S. Air Force fucked up and didn't put his domestic violence conviction in the system. The families of the victims will get paid VERY WELL.

Forum List

Back