Oklahoma ready to put God back in the schools

The one thing you forget about most Christianity is that the goal is to strive to keep the commandments, except for a few sects that believe in pre-determination most understand that people are imperfect and sometimes fail to hold up their ideals. As long as you are sorry you did something wrong, forgiveness is at hand.

We do more than simply fail at it. We put those who proudly and boastfully violate them up on a pedestal.

Unlike all of the other smokescreens in here, Christianity is a religion, and the First Amendment says that Congress cannot endorse one religion over others. The 14th Amendment applies that to states as well, including Oklahoma. Bibles, chosen and paid for by the government, in public schools is as clear a violation of the First Amendment and the concept of separation of church and state as can be.

The Founding Fathers saw and studied thousands of years of church influencing state, but also state influencing church. They were wise enough to mandate that we keep them separate in order to protect them both. Throwing all of that away is staggeringly foolish.

Are you ok with throwing away the electoral college or limiting free speech in the name of protecting us from misinformation? Just curious to know if you are a strict Constitutionalist or only care when it is politically or personally expedient.

The Pro Israel Christian is opposed to vouchers,

What are you talking about? I don’t know any pro-Israel Christians, which is nearly all of them, that oppose vouchers.

Sorry? Where did I mention anyone? Where did I hold Harris up to anything?

Are you trying to say it's OK to toss the 10 Commandments aside because others do also?

It's implied usually that any references are about Trump. Welcome to politics 2024.

The commandments are a goal, and a personal one at that.

I'm not voting for Trump because of his Religious beliefs, I'm voting for him because his political goals mostly match mine.

It's implied usually that any references are about Trump. Welcome to politics 2024.

It's kinda sad that I can say what I said and Trump instantly jumps to mind.

The commandments are a goal, and a personal one at that.

I'm not voting for Trump because of his Religious beliefs, I'm voting for him because his political goals mostly match mine.

I believe there are goals far higher than political one's.

I'm not so sure that is what they are after. They are only buying Christian Bibles. (and only certain ones at that).

As they should. The bibles are pretty much the same from one sect to another, outside of Mormons and the Catholics and their apocrypha. No need to include much extra, so their deviants and their hysterical sniveling is of course purely artificial.

It's kinda sad that I can say what I said and Trump instantly jumps to mind.

I believe there are goals far higher than political one's.

Yes, driving the pedophile groomers and kiddie mutilators and commie sociopaths out of the school systems and govt. altogether, all very laudable and important goals, so naturally you need to bond with the outliers and freak shows; it's the fashionable thing to do.

As they should. The bibles are pretty much the same from one sect to another, outside of Mormons and the Catholics and their apocrypha. No need to include much extra, so their deviants and their hysterical sniveling is of course purely artificial.

The Bible is the Bible. Jews only count the new Testament, Muslims count it, but the Koran takes precedence.

Catholics just add piles of canon to the Bible, they don't change it.

Now that they've found the perfect Bibles, they need to make that purchase without hesitating. We all know the ACLU would love to stop this. Don't give them the chance.

---Only one Bible edition appears to match specs set by Oklahoma public-schools chief---

why are they buying bibles printed in China?

Why are they buying bibles for 60 bucks that cost 3 bucks to print?

The Bible is the Bible. Jews only count the new Testament, Muslims count it, but the Koran takes precedence.

Catholics just add piles of canon to the Bible, they don't change it.
Jews: Old Testament. I think thats what you meant.

Forum List

Back