Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

Why is it so hard for Republicans to stay out of people's personal business? Even if this law manages to pass, which I doubt, the state will then end up spending tens of thousands of dollars failing to defend it from court challenges. This issue was settled in 1973. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — In a move that is unprecedented nationwide, an Oklahoma Senator has introduced a bill that would criminalize abortion as first-degree murder.

Sen. Joe Silk, R-Broken Bow, recently introduced S.B. 1118 which adds killing an unborn child to existing murder statutes.

“No person shall perform or induce or attempt to perform or induce an abortion after conception,” it reads. “A person commits murder in the first degree when that person performs an abortion as defined by Section 1-745.5 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.”

The same senator probably thinks we have too many children in broken homes and the poor shouldn't have kids they can't afford.

When is the fight against masturbation? That could have been a child...

The gun repubs say laws don't stop crimes, but this one will stop abortions?

In Okiehoma, conception takes place when a man buys a woman a drink. ;)

Absolutely. If the woman's body is her choice and having sex is one of the chokers she can make, it isn't taxpayer responsibility to fund something she chooses to do with her body.

So no abortion and no birth control. And you want to bitch about people having too many kids. Yes republicans the party of no answers to problems and lots of bitching. What a joke.

The joke is the one that goes by what isn't actually happening NOW. Abortion is legal NOW. If someone doesn't choose to have one, it isn't anyone telling them no. It's the woman choosing no.

I'm not opposed to birth control. I said the one using should pay for it. You seem to think that a person should be able to make a choice with her body then expect others to fund that choice when other options exist.

I live in the real world. In the real world free birth control means fewer children with parents who can't afford them.

I live in the real world. If you say what you do with your body is your choice alone, ANYTHING related to making that choice is your responsibility. No one is forcing her to have sex so no one but her is responsible for things related to it.

That you think it's free proves you're an idiot.

No you clearly don't live in the real world or understand people. Your ideas are clearly moronic. You complain about poor people having too many kids and attack planned parenthood who gives out lots of birth control.

I understand that if someone makes a choice it's their place to fund that choice. My problem isn't with poor people having kids or using birth control. It's with poor people demanding that their choices should be funded by someone else's money. It's not my responsibility to fund a personal choice someone else makes unless they're willing for those doing the funding to tell them what they can and cannot do.

Why is it so hard for Republicans to stay out of people's personal business? Even if this law manages to pass, which I doubt, the state will then end up spending tens of thousands of dollars failing to defend it from court challenges. This issue was settled in 1973. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — In a move that is unprecedented nationwide, an Oklahoma Senator has introduced a bill that would criminalize abortion as first-degree murder.

Sen. Joe Silk, R-Broken Bow, recently introduced S.B. 1118 which adds killing an unborn child to existing murder statutes.

“No person shall perform or induce or attempt to perform or induce an abortion after conception,” it reads. “A person commits murder in the first degree when that person performs an abortion as defined by Section 1-745.5 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.”

The same senator probably thinks we have too many children in broken homes and the poor shouldn't have kids they can't afford.

When is the fight against masturbation? That could have been a child...

The gun repubs say laws don't stop crimes, but this one will stop abortions?

In Okiehoma, conception takes place when a man buys a woman a drink. ;)

A man doesn't have to buy you a drink to get a piece. You stand on the corner with a sign.

I want the one who made the choice to pay for it. That's call personal responsibility, something you totally object to being in place.
Nope, I love it, only that's not true in all cases. You think that moron Palin had is suddenly going to able to support himself at 18 for the rest of his life? He's six or seven, still in diapers, deaf and mute. Nope.

But hey, if Palin can't pay for him that not your concern right. Fuck him, let him die...

Unless you can show me where Palin is getting taxpayer funded handouts, your rant is meaningless.
Do you think she has enough money to provide for him for the rest of his life? Even if she does, how many people have those kinds of resources? When the money runs out what should happen to him then, we shoot him? Oh right, you're a "conservative", you don't actually give a fuck about anyone but yourself.

Again, not my problem. Once SHE made the choice to have the child despite other options being available, it was hers to deal with to the end. Which one is it. Women say butt out of her body then want others to fund choices she made with it.

If you cared as much as you claimed, this conversation wouldn't be taking place. You'd find all those you think should tell you to butt out when choosing then demand your help when they can't afford it and take care of their financial concerns. You've proven your caring amounts to nothing but words.

I don't give a damn about a person who says what they do is none of my business. If you think they care about those of us forced to support them, think again. All they care about is getting a check.
Even on the Internet you can't be man enough to answer questions. Utterly pathetic to watch...

That I don't provide the answer you want doesn't mean it's not an answer. Even on the internet you are stupid. You asked earlier how you could prove a claim you made. Face to face. You can even address your concerns about whether or not I should own guns.

So many problems in the US and the world, including the over populating of the world, and people are out there trying to put their religion onto other people.

What the hell does religion have to do with when a life begins biologically and with what our Constitution says a person's rights are to the protections of our laws?

These are not religious endeavors.
So now fetuses have constitutional rights? They can bear arms? They are citizens?

Our Constitution doesn't apply to only the rights of United States citizens. It applies to the rights of all persons within it's jurisdiction. See yuck would vs. Hopkins.

As for a prenatal child's right to keep and bear arms? They do have the right. They simply aren't mature and grown enough to exercise it.

So no abortion and no birth control. And you want to bitch about people having too many kids. Yes republicans the party of no answers to problems and lots of bitching. What a joke.

The joke is the one that goes by what isn't actually happening NOW. Abortion is legal NOW. If someone doesn't choose to have one, it isn't anyone telling them no. It's the woman choosing no.

I'm not opposed to birth control. I said the one using should pay for it. You seem to think that a person should be able to make a choice with her body then expect others to fund that choice when other options exist.

I live in the real world. In the real world free birth control means fewer children with parents who can't afford them.

I live in the real world. If you say what you do with your body is your choice alone, ANYTHING related to making that choice is your responsibility. No one is forcing her to have sex so no one but her is responsible for things related to it.

No you clearly don't live in the real world or understand people. Your ideas are clearly moronic. You complain about poor people having too many kids and attack planned parenthood who gives out lots of birth control.

I understand that if someone makes a choice it's their place to fund that choice. My problem isn't with poor people having kids or using birth control. It's with poor people demanding that their choices should be funded by someone else's money. It's not my responsibility to fund a personal choice someone else makes unless they're willing for those doing the funding to tell them what they can and cannot do.

And in the real world people make mistakes. And they are less likely to do that with free birth control. I'd rather give birth control than bitch about abortions or people having too many children.

And in the real world people make mistakes. And they are less likely to do that with free birth control. I'd rather give birth control than bitch about abortions or people having too many children.

Their mistakes are not my responsibility.

You keep calling it free yet you say taxpayer funded. For those of us paying the taxes, we call bullshit on your free claim.

Then feel free to give it. Just do it with your money. As far as the too many children, there is no such thing as long as the one that is having them provide for them without demanding someone else be forced to do it.

Here's a good example:

This mother of 15 says someone needs to be help accountable and pay for her children. From what I understand, she has three baby daddies. While I don't know who they are, I do know they are the ones that are responsible. I also know that since none of them are mine, I'm not.

In the real world, those making mistakes take personal responsibility for paying for those mistakes whether it be financially or otherwise.

You keep calling it free yet you say taxpayer funded. For those of us paying the taxes, we call bullshit on your free claim.

Then feel free to give it. Just do it with your money. As far as the too many children, there is no such thing as long as the one that is having them provide for them without demanding someone else be forced to do it.

Here's a good example:

This mother of 15 says someone needs to be help accountable and pay for her children. From what I understand, she has three baby daddies. While I don't know who they are, I do know they are the ones that are responsible. I also know that since none of them are mine, I'm not.

Sounds like a great candidate for birth control.

Yes taxes pay for it and it's cheaper than 15 kids.

Nope, I love it, only that's not true in all cases. You think that moron Palin had is suddenly going to able to support himself at 18 for the rest of his life? He's six or seven, still in diapers, deaf and mute. Nope.

But hey, if Palin can't pay for him that not your concern right. Fuck him, let him die...

Unless you can show me where Palin is getting taxpayer funded handouts, your rant is meaningless.
Do you think she has enough money to provide for him for the rest of his life? Even if she does, how many people have those kinds of resources? When the money runs out what should happen to him then, we shoot him? Oh right, you're a "conservative", you don't actually give a fuck about anyone but yourself.

Again, not my problem. Once SHE made the choice to have the child despite other options being available, it was hers to deal with to the end. Which one is it. Women say butt out of her body then want others to fund choices she made with it.

If you cared as much as you claimed, this conversation wouldn't be taking place. You'd find all those you think should tell you to butt out when choosing then demand your help when they can't afford it and take care of their financial concerns. You've proven your caring amounts to nothing but words.

I don't give a damn about a person who says what they do is none of my business. If you think they care about those of us forced to support them, think again. All they care about is getting a check.
Even on the Internet you can't be man enough to answer questions. Utterly pathetic to watch...

That I don't provide the answer you want doesn't mean it's not an answer. Even on the internet you are stupid. You asked earlier how you could prove a claim you made. Face to face. You can even address your concerns about whether or not I should own guns.
You never got father than the elementary schools I pay for, which you can't tell why I should have to when I don't have kids? And why, because if you answered you'd have just completely fucked yourself and you can't take it like a man...

In the real world, those making mistakes take personal responsibility for paying for those mistakes whether it be financially or otherwise.

And we are all better off if those mistakes can be avoided. So give out birth control.

Here's a good example:

Then, unlike you claimed, it isn't free. What's cheaper is her paying for her birth control since it was HER choice to have sex with those three. What's cheaper is those three paying for the kids they produced. Either way, it's not the responsibility of the taxpayers to fund a personal choice they didn't make.

Wonderful news! Don't want a baby don't get pregnant. SIMPLE!

And we are all better off if those mistakes can be avoided. So give out birth control.

We're better off when people pay for their own mistakes. If you want someone woman that tell you to butt out of her choices to have birth control, buy it for her. Not my place to fund any personal choice she makes when she says the choice is none of my business. You may be fool enough to do so but I'm not.

They pro baby murderers say don't want an abortion don't have one well if you don't want a baby DON'T GET PREGNANT! Then you save money and the life of a child isn't snuffed out because of your selfish wants.

Wonderful news! Don't want a baby don't get pregnant. SIMPLE!
If only it was that easy, my little Hitler Youth.

Tell us, should darkie babies their parents can't afford be left to die in the snow?

Far too rational for ConJob who wants it both ways. In his world that works apparently, just not in the real one.
Both way? Can't be since there is an option currently when a woman gets pregnant. If she has a kid she can't afford, it isn't because she didn't have another choice.

Here's a good example:

Then, unlike you claimed, it isn't free. What's cheaper is her paying for her birth control since it was HER choice to have sex with those three. What's cheaper is those three paying for the kids they produced. Either way, it's not the responsibility of the taxpayers to fund a personal choice they didn't make.

Free to her. It's in the best interests of everyone to avoid this.

Forum List

Back