Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

Because the "personal business" you're talking about involves the calculated killing of other people (innocent people).
A zygote after conception is not a person.

Our Fetal Homicide laws say you are wrong about that.

What are you doing - if anything - to overturn those laws?
Common sense versions of those laws apply only to cases of a fetus that has reached viability outside the womb.

A first trimester embryo, without the brain development necessary to have thoughts or consciousness, cannot reasonably considered a person.

Because the "personal business" you're talking about involves the calculated killing of other people (innocent people).
Your opinion, which is not consistent with fact.
It's very consistent with fact and common sense to say that an entity without a brain capable of thought or consciousness is not a person.

Why is it so hard for Republicans to stay out of people's personal business? Even if this law manages to pass, which I doubt, the state will then end up spending tens of thousands of dollars failing to defend it from court challenges. This issue was settled in 1973. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — In a move that is unprecedented nationwide, an Oklahoma Senator has introduced a bill that would criminalize abortion as first-degree murder.

Sen. Joe Silk, R-Broken Bow, recently introduced S.B. 1118 which adds killing an unborn child to existing murder statutes.

“No person shall perform or induce or attempt to perform or induce an abortion after conception,” it reads. “A person commits murder in the first degree when that person performs an abortion as defined by Section 1-745.5 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.”

So far, I Support this bill 100%

It is going to take bills like this one to finally get the Supreme Court to reconcile the legal status of "children in the womb" as set by our State and Federal "fetal homicide " laws with the Court's previous rulings on cases like Roe v Wade.

My money is on the Court's eventual overturning of Roe.
Yes!! Bring it to the Supreme Court, 4-4, now that asshole is gone the left gets a better shot at a permanent abortion bill barring murder as an excuse for an abortion.
Dafuq?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OMG, the end of the world. how can we deny anyone to kill their own offspring. You think these people that Pro-killing your children gives a crap about you AFTER you go and destroy your child?

Your opinion, which is not consistent with fact.
It's very consistent with fact and common sense to say that an entity without a brain capable of thought or consciousness is not a person.
I guess the brain goes in at the last minute, huh? Did you have to go to school to be that stupid?

OMG, the end of the world. how can we deny anyone to kill their own offspring. You think these people that Pro-killing your children gives a crap about you AFTER you go and destroy your child?

What about killing animals? Oh, that's fine. But an undeveloped fetus which doesn't have any ability to do anything, well that's another thing. Wait until it's 18 then send it to Iran to die.

Why is it so hard for Republicans to stay out of people's personal business? Even if this law manages to pass, which I doubt, the state will then end up spending tens of thousands of dollars failing to defend it from court challenges. This issue was settled in 1973. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — In a move that is unprecedented nationwide, an Oklahoma Senator has introduced a bill that would criminalize abortion as first-degree murder.

Sen. Joe Silk, R-Broken Bow, recently introduced S.B. 1118 which adds killing an unborn child to existing murder statutes.

“No person shall perform or induce or attempt to perform or induce an abortion after conception,” it reads. “A person commits murder in the first degree when that person performs an abortion as defined by Section 1-745.5 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.”

So far, I Support this bill 100%

It is going to take bills like this one to finally get the Supreme Court to reconcile the legal status of "children in the womb" as set by our State and Federal "fetal homicide " laws with the Court's previous rulings on cases like Roe v Wade.

My money is on the Court's eventual overturning of Roe.

So then tell me would you charge a woman with murder if she had a miscarriage because she ignored a Drs order for bed rest?

So many problems in the US and the world, including the over populating of the world, and people are out there trying to put their religion onto other people.

What the hell does religion have to do with when a life begins biologically and with what our Constitution says a person's rights are to the protections of our laws?

These are not religious endeavors.

Let's try this.

Life. What a wonderful thing, let's protect it.

Wait, those pro-lifers are going around eating cow and pigs and sheep and chickens and fish all over the place. So it's not about LIFE then is it?

Our Constitution does not say that all likf is entitled to the equal protections of our laws. It says that all PERSONS are entitled to the equal protections of our laws.

It's a beautifully written document. You should read it sometime.

It's about HUMAN LIFE and this is a religious issue.

I disagree. I don't need God or religion to know the biological facts on how a child's life begins and I don't need God or religion to know what the Constitution says about the right to due process and the equal protections of our laws either.

Are you really not aware of any atheists, agnostics or secularists who oppose abortion?

Many religions feel the need to protect human life in some way, at least at the beginning. Why? Probably because these religions are from a time when people had lots of children and many of those would die in childhood or early adulthood, so you needed a lot of them to work the fields and make your old age as comfortable as possible.

I have no doubt that many religious people have strong religious views on the subject of abortion. However, the 1st Amendment forbids the making of laws to establish or to mandate those religious views. And, as I said above, religion is not needed for our courts to determine personhood anyway.

Religion was not used as the basis for our fetal homicide laws and religion will not be necessary for the same precedent to be set in arguments against Roe.

Things have changed, you might have noticed. It's not necessary any more to protect human life as much as it was. We're producing like horny rabbits, 7 billion people on this planet is TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Even if those / your claims and arguments had any merit at all (and I disagree that they do) - Our Constitution still says what it says about the equal rights and equal protections for all.

Constitutionally, we (the people) do not have the right to make exceptions to that language without making a Constitutional Amendment.

So, it's about religion, it's about saving souls (you might have noticed that a soul is just a belief system, you can't see or feel a soul) and souls are all about religion.

I think the Supreme Court will agree that it is the living body of a human being that qualifies it for protections and rights established in our Constitution. Not something which may not even exist - like souls.

That's what it's got to do with religion. Most people who are anti-abortion will be religious.

Like I said, I do not deny the reality that people with strong religious views have strong views on abortion.

They clearly do.

There are areas where the secular lines of argument and reasoning might parallel, support and intersect those religious beliefs too. . . But so what? Are we to abandon those secular lines of reasoning just because those arguments too closely support the religious conclusions of others?

I for one don't agree that would be a wise thing to do.

If you are so hell bent on life beings why are you not up in arms about IVF... They destroy way more conceived eggs than abortion and are increasing unlike abortions.

Why aren't you picketing IVF clinics... Why are you not calling the 5+ million babies born due to IVF as killer babies?

Why are you not consistent...

So many problems in the US and the world, including the over populating of the world, and people are out there trying to put their religion onto other people.

What the hell does religion have to do with when a life begins biologically and with what our Constitution says a person's rights are to the protections of our laws?

Let's try this.

Life. What a wonderful thing, let's protect it.

Wait, those pro-lifers are going around eating cow and pigs and sheep and chickens and fish all over the place. So it's not about LIFE then is it?

Our Constitution does not say that all likf is entitled to the equal protections of our laws. It says that all PERSONS are entitled to the equal protections of our laws.

It's a beautifully written document. You should read it sometime.

It's about HUMAN LIFE and this is a religious issue.

I disagree. I don't need God or religion to know the biological facts on how a child's life begins and I don't need God or religion to know what the Constitution says about the right to due process and the equal protections of our laws either.

Are you really not aware of any atheists, agnostics or secularists who oppose abortion?

Many religions feel the need to protect human life in some way, at least at the beginning. Why? Probably because these religions are from a time when people had lots of children and many of those would die in childhood or early adulthood, so you needed a lot of them to work the fields and make your old age as comfortable as possible.

I have no doubt that many religious people have strong religious views on the subject of abortion. However, the 1st Amendment forbids the making of laws to establish or to mandate those religious views. And, as I said above, religion is not needed for our courts to determine personhood anyway.

Religion was not used as the basis for our fetal homicide laws and religion will not be necessary for the same precedent to be set in arguments against Roe.

Things have changed, you might have noticed. It's not necessary any more to protect human life as much as it was. We're producing like horny rabbits, 7 billion people on this planet is TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Even if those / your claims and arguments had any merit at all (and I disagree that they do) - Our Constitution still says what it says about the equal rights and equal protections for all.

Constitutionally, we (the people) do not have the right to make exceptions to that language without making a Constitutional Amendment.

So, it's about religion, it's about saving souls (you might have noticed that a soul is just a belief system, you can't see or feel a soul) and souls are all about religion.

I think the Supreme Court will agree that it is the living body of a human being that qualifies it for protections and rights established in our Constitution. Not something which may not even exist - like souls.

That's what it's got to do with religion. Most people who are anti-abortion will be religious.

Like I said, I do not deny the reality that people with strong religious views have strong views on abortion.

They clearly do.

There are areas where the secular lines of argument and reasoning might parallel, support and intersect those religious beliefs too. . . But so what? Are we to abandon those secular lines of reasoning just because those arguments too closely support the religious conclusions of others?

I for one don't agree that would be a wise thing to do.

If you are so hell bent on life beings why are you not up in arms about IVF... They destroy way more conceived eggs than abortion and are increasing unlike abortions.

Why aren't you picketing IVF clinics... Why are you not calling the 5+ million babies born due to IVF as killer babies?

Why are you not consistent...

Or why not complaining about the killing of animals on a massive scale? That's life too, but convenient to ignore.

Especially right now.
At risk are services to the poor, the disabled, the elderly and children. Even long-term highway projects like bridge and road repairs are in danger of being delayed amid a 7 percent budget cut through the end of the fiscal year June 30.
Oklahoma officials warn cuts could affect programs for poor

It's about cookies when they die.

first trimester embryo, without the brain development necessary to have thoughts or consciousness, cannot reasonably considered a person.

Aren't you describing the right wingers who populate this message board?

No wonder repubs get all upset about abortion. It's like killing one of their own. No conscience, no awareness and no brain.

Yep, typical republican.

its their nature

Being against murder is a religion?

And how do you come up with that?

walter-in-moms-hands-300x200.jpg

You don't think there are atheist that are against abortion? Abortion is murder. You call this a fetus.

View attachment 66213

You don't think there are atheist that are against abortion? Abortion is murder. You call this a fetus.

th
th
th
th

You don't think this is murder?

Life has gone in both mine and your pictures. What's the difference?

So now fetuses have constitutional rights? They can bear arms? They are citizens?

You can already be charged with murder if you kill a pregnant woman. these pro baby killers care more about the killing of a animal in Africa than they do a human being in the womb.

View attachment 66213

th
th
th
th

You don't think this is murder?

Life has gone in both mine and your pictures. What's the difference?
Humans and animals are equal in your world?

Forum List

Back