Olympic Arms, Inc. bans all sales to the State of New York Government

Again, this sort of thing is hilarious to me.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

You find people putting principle's ahead of profits when Freedoms are being attacked funny??? :confused: I find the War on Guns to be the exact opposite of funny.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

You find it hilarious that people stand by their beliefs even if it costs them money??

No.

The notion this has anything to do with ‘beliefs.’

It’s a gimmick to increase sales in other markets.

The only ‘beliefs’ corporations have is profit.

You find it hilarious that people stand by their beliefs even if it costs them money??

No.

A gimmick. You are an insane maniac, You are nuts you moron. I camtt breatje/omg you are insane

One company but what happens when other company's follow suit? What if all firearm makers suspend sale with the government.

This might actually be the funniest post I've seen this year.
In other words, the government is just like the criminals...if guns are cut off from one source, they will buy from another...paying whatever price exists...after all, money is no object...just steal that from the general public. Who knows..we could end up buying our government arms from foreign companies...:lol:

Kudos to Olympic Arms! I will be shopping on line very soon. I need another arm!

220px-Haliphron_atlanticus.jpg
Check out their site. They have temporarily suspended sales of AR-15s and parts for them...they are completely OUT OF STOCK!

They do have some cool pistols though.

Olympic Arms

One company but what happens when other company's follow suit? What if all firearm makers suspend sale with the government.

Never happen.

What's this Olympic Gun's share of the market?

Are they a joke trying to make noise?

LOL....This really hits a nerve with you libbies.
GOOD.

No.

They don't need to increase sales, they are completely sold out, as soon as one AR comes off the assembly line it's already sold.

As long as they still sale to we citizens what are you naysayers bitching about?
The government already has guns and better equipment. Choose a side, take a stand and stop yammering about free enterprise.

It's pretty easy to "take a stand" when you don't actually do any business with the state, also.

You contradict yourself. Maybe that's why you don't understand principles? Maybe you just don't have any.

Thinking that making a meaningless "stand" is stupid, and then pointing out how meaningless it is - I guess I don't see how that's a "contradiction".

It's pretty easy to "take a stand" when you don't actually do any business with the state, also.

You contradict yourself. Maybe that's why you don't understand principles? Maybe you just don't have any.

Thinking that making a meaningless "stand" is stupid, and then pointing out how meaningless it is - I guess I don't see how that's a "contradiction".

This really gives you a butt hurt feeling.
You acted like this in the Remington thread.

Never happen.

What's this Olympic Gun's share of the market?

Are they a joke trying to make noise?

LOL....This really hits a nerve with you libbies.
GOOD.

I guess it all depends on perspective, but from where I'm sitting, I see a bunch of hysterical conservatives getting all frothy over a meaningless press release.

Six firearms manufacturers have joined together in an effort to protest New York’s unconstitutional firearms laws. Barrett Firearms, LaRue Tactical, Olympic Arms, Extreme Firepower Inc, Templar Custom and York Arms have all stopped selling firearms to all New York law enforcement and government agencies. A number of them are also starting to call for an industry wide boycott on any state who bans civilian ownership.

Gun Companies Boycott New York: Urging all Manufactures to Stop Selling Firearms to New York Police

Hornady

Governor Cuomo looks to ban all modern sporting rifles - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc

York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders​

AmmoLand Staff
Feb 14, 2013

Buxton, ME --(Ammoland.com)- Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York.
We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York.
As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.

For LE/Govt customers in New York: Your orders have been cancelled.

York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders

It is when you said in your previous post you were laughing because they'd lose money.

Simple fact: Olympic claimed they sell products to the State government of New York.

It appears they do not have any contract to do so.

I support the principle. Very much so. But it is meaningless coming from a company that doesn't actually do business with the state government. It is about as meaningful as me saying I'm not going to spend any of my tourist dollars there when I have no plans to go there anyway.

I would like to see one of the companies which actually does have a contract with the State of New York to withdraw their sales. THAT would be impressive.

Link to where they made that specific claim.

Then link to proof they have NEVER done businesss with the state govt. or any such entity.

This is what they DID say:

"Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers."

Forum List

Back