Olympic Arms, Inc. bans all sales to the State of New York Government

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=573076246049586&id=114264921930723

Frankly, I have my doubts as to whether a company licensed to do business in a state can refuse to do business with that state gov't. OAI is essentially trying to outlaw the state as a customer when that state most likely issues them a business license in order to sell within the state.

If this gets down to a pissing contest, OAI could find its license revoked to do business in a state that it tries to threaten.

Last edited:
Simple fact: Olympic claimed they sell products to the State government of New York.

It appears they do not have any contract to do so.

I support the principle. Very much so. But it is meaningless coming from a company that doesn't actually do business with the state government. It is about as meaningful as me saying I'm not going to spend any of my tourist dollars there when I have no plans to go there anyway.

I would like to see one of the companies which actually does have a contract with the State of New York to withdraw their sales. THAT would be impressive.

Last edited:
Simple fact: Olympic claimed they sell products to the State government of New York.

It appears they do not have any contract to do so.

I support the principle. Very much so. But it is meaningless coming from a company that doesn't actually do business with the state government. It is about as meaningful as me saying I'm not going to spend any of my tourist dollars there when I have no plans to go there anyway.

I would like to see one of the companies which actually does have a contract with the State of New York to withdraw their sales. THAT would be impressive.

I would like too see you stop being so god damn desperate

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=573076246049586&id=114264921930723

Frankly, I have my doubts as to whether a company licensed to do business in a state can refuse to do business with that state gov't. OAI is essentially trying to outlaw the state as a customer when that state most likely issues them a business license in order to sell within the state.

If this gets down to a pissing contest, OAI could find its license revoked to do business in a state that it tries to threaten.

I really don't think they care.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

I really don't think they care.

Sure they do.

Again, this sort of thing is hilarious to me.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

However it affects them, they are willing to go through it on principle. That you think people who stand by their principles are hilarious is rather telling about you.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

However it affects them, they are willing to go through it on principle. That you think people who stand by their principles are hilarious is rather telling about you.

Yes, I do think that meaningless "stands" are hilarious, and even more hilarious when all they accomplish is hurting their own bottom line.

But that's not even the funniest part. The funniest part is listening to people trying to convince themselves that other gun companies are going to follow suit.

It's pretty easy to "take a stand" when you don't actually do any business with the state, also.

I'm betting these companies don't do much business with the state of New York. So, they will get a boost by people who like their stand while not really losing anything. New York won't much care either as they will buy their guns elsewhere. Win/win for everyone.

Check out any poor country.

The one thing they don't lack..is guns.

There are a multitude of companies more than happy to sell people machines to kill each other with..

:doubt:

Buy something from LaRue Tactical for your AR to support Mark.

do they have little fuzzy sweters for them?

5376389641_c1e0db4ccd.jpg

No.

That is Advanced Armament Corporation ("AAC").

Makers of exceptional sound attenuation devices.

He's a shit stain didn't you know that?

Forum List

Back