On 9/11/01, 17 years ago where were you that day?

I was in a pre-con meeting getting ready to kick off a new job. The tv was on and we were talking about the first tower coming down (second hadn’t been hit yet). My opinion was it very well could come down as it would take much to get it started and it may even tip the top floors off instead of coming straight down. Either way the consensus was we’d all have left our desks by then and getting the hell away from that thing. Meeting starts and a few minutes later someone yells “Holy fuck!” We had the tv on but muted. We all turned as the second plane hit.

Needless to say the meeting ended. One guy was in the reserves? Maybe something else but he said he had to get to base and probably wouldn’t be back. I called my wife and told her to get home I’d pick up the boy. She had finally got the news at work and said many were leaving.

We all got home and like Mike checked our ammo stocks and made sure the guns were ready. For all of you asking him why? Because who knew who was behind it. We’re there going to be riots? Assholes taking advantage of the cops being preoccupied? Don’t know didn’t care. Stay away from my house.

So we sat home and watched tv after that. The strangest thing that hit me was the total lack of planes in the sky. Funny how we're so used to them it seems out of place when they’re gone.

You're right about that. It was kinda strange not to see contrails in the sky for the whole day.

But, it kinda reminded me of when I left Norfolk and transferred to the MEPS at Amarillo. Got used to all the military jets flying around, and when I got to Amarillo, they weren't flying around like I'd gotten used to. Was kinda strange for a week or two to only see commercial aircraft, because for the 20 years I was in, I'd lived next to some kind of base up until I was stationed at Amarillo.
It’s crazy what you can get used to. Had a buddy who was on a carrier. He said it would take a few days to get used to sleeping without jets launching or landing over head.

I was also on a carrier, and our berthing was under the arresting gear. Yep, you can get used to damn near anything. Know what was the one thing that would wake me up the quickest? Silence. If the ship goes silent, that generally means they have lost the load (power outage on the ship), and there is a chance that General Quarters could be soon because something got damaged.

Silence is the one thing on the ship that woke me the fastest, because you get used to all the noises of the hiss of steam, talk of people, clank of various systems, etc, and when they go quiet, you know immediately that something is wrong.
I can imagine. Kind of like when your kids get quiet. That’s probably when you better go see what’s wrong.

Question is...where was the FBI? No...not spying on Trump yet. They were not anywhere near 9/11 because despite two separate warnings, one from their Phoenix field office, the FBI was more concerned with political correctness.

“F.B.I. officials said there was reluctance at the time to mount such a major review because of a concern that the bureau would be criticized for ethnic profiling of foreigners.”

F.B.I. Told of Worry Over Flight Lessons Before Sept. 11

There was also a huge battle going on between the CIA and the FBI. The CIA didn't want to share info with the FBI.

Actually you are somewhat right but there was an administration policy known as the "Gorelick Memo" as described below.
Again I'm not saying this but people who knew what was going on were saying this.

GorelickMemo.png

I was driving to work when I heard about the first plane on the radio. My first thought was about an airplane that accidentally crashed into the Empire State Building in a heavy fog in the 1930s.

Once I was at work, someone shouted the second tower had been hit. I immediately screamed, "OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!"

I knew it was that bastard instantly.

I'm surprised you didn't blame it on Trump.
You are the first ASSHAT to take it to politics.

Congrats idiot

I don't know which is more funny.

Blaming Obama for the GLOBAL economic crash or calling it a "slow down".

:lol:

Well here again you are so single minded supporter of Obama that you are totally ignorant of what happened during GWB's terms.
I'm not putting this up to argue against a closed minded truly ignorant person who doesn't seem to care for FACTS but for others that might not realize what happened.
By the way I was a GREAT GWB supporter as a president and while Obama was president. But recently I've been extremely disappointed with Bush as he seemingly has
ignored that the same MSM that bullied him as the statements I've shown is doing this to Trump...YET Bush attacks Trump. Which is wrong!
So once again.. dummies like you seem to think people can't change their opinions based on facts.
YOU are such an ideologue you have closed your thinking to the FACTs and here are FACTS no one can deny occurred.
Almost all these events were NOT caused by Bush but HE had to respond to these events.
Bushevents2001-08.png

I do not have a clue what I was doing or where I was. I look at my work records and I was pouring concrete that day.

Really? An earth shaking event like that happens and you don't remember where you were or what you were doing on that day?

Wow..................
Sorry but my earth was not shaken. Clintons advisors told bush it was coming but he did not listen or even attend the meeting or PDB.
Did they say what Bill had done to prevent it...other than get a blow job in the oral office?

What was Condi Rice getting in her office when she decided to ignore the classified memo from Richard Clark in July 2001?

"Michael Scheuer is the former chief of the bin Laden Unit at the Counterterrorist Center at the CIA. Matthew Continetti wrote: "Scheuer believes that Clarke's risk aversion and politicking negatively impacted the hunt for bin Laden prior to September 11, 2001. Scheuer stated that his unit, codename 'Alec,' had provided information that could have led to the capture and or killing of Osama bin Laden on ten different occasions during the Clinton administration, only to have his recommendations for action turned down by senior intelligence officials, including Clarke."[14]"

GFY

I have it on very good authority Saddam Hussein was in a sniper's cross hairs...and was told to stand down

Imagine history if those two had been taken out when it was able to be done

Why do we keep degrading Muslims with remembrances like this???
Next thing you know you racists will be saying that planes into buildings is worse than water boarding!
No one is degrading Muslims by honoring / remembering Americans who were slaughtered by Islamic Extremist Terrorists. No one is blaming 'Muslims', as not all Muslims are terrorists.

If you wish to appease terrorists by being too afraid to honor / remember those killed in this country by POS Islamic Extremists, go for it. Not me, thank you.

It is amazing how snowflakes are more worried about insulting Islamic Extremist Terrorists who would love to behead them or fly their asses into buildings as well, than they are concerned about honoring Americans. (This is, in large part, why the name 'snowflake' was used to describe people who are so easily offended by anything and everything.)

I will not apologize for being an American. I will not hold my condemnation of Islamic Extremist terrorists because it might hurt someone's feelings. The only people in such a case who should be offended are Islamic Extremist Terrorists...and if you are an Islamic Extremist Terrorist....F* you and your feelings.
It is amazing how snowflakes are more worried about insulting Islamic Extremist Terrorists who would love to behead them or fly their asses into buildings as well, than they are concerned about honoring Americans.
Horse hockey!

Every one of us here mourned for the folks in the towers and the Pentagon who died. That is total nonsense.
I am not saying you did not, OL. I was referring to the idea we are degrading Muslims by remembering and honoring our dead. THAT is hogwash!
I had this discussion a few days ago, too. The problem is when people use 9/11 as an excuse to stir up hatred and bigotry against Muslims and use it to push the agenda of locking Muslims out of the US. We have very movingly remembered the dead with the 9/11 memorial and museum. The tv will be airing 9/11 documentaries all evening. We've already had two threads to remember it, and it's only 9/10.
None of us will forget and our government is not letting down its guard against terrorists. I do not want to see a day of remembrance for the dead to turn into a rabid right wing hate fest. I am not saying you want to do that, but some do. Don't play into it.
Some may use it to stir up hatred and bigotry, SPEECH which is protected by the 1st Amendment. That is no reason to censor the truth / everyone else.

Really? An earth shaking event like that happens and you don't remember where you were or what you were doing on that day?

Wow..................
Sorry but my earth was not shaken. Clintons advisors told bush it was coming but he did not listen or even attend the meeting or PDB.
Did they say what Bill had done to prevent it...other than get a blow job in the oral office?

What was Condi Rice getting in her office when she decided to ignore the classified memo from Richard Clark in July 2001?

"Michael Scheuer is the former chief of the bin Laden Unit at the Counterterrorist Center at the CIA. Matthew Continetti wrote: "Scheuer believes that Clarke's risk aversion and politicking negatively impacted the hunt for bin Laden prior to September 11, 2001. Scheuer stated that his unit, codename 'Alec,' had provided information that could have led to the capture and or killing of Osama bin Laden on ten different occasions during the Clinton administration, only to have his recommendations for action turned down by senior intelligence officials, including Clarke."[14]"

GFY

I have it on very good authority Saddam Hussein was in a sniper's cross hairs...and was told to stand down

I think you mean Bin Laden .

GFY

Me thinks I know exactly what I meant...try reading the comment very slowly and perhaps you'll understand

GFY

Me thinks I know exactly what I meant...try reading the comment very slowly and perhaps you'll understand

Saddam was in sniper range ? I call bull flop !

Assassinate a head of state ?

GFY

Because you live in a leftist bubble unaware of special ops, dark ops, etc. Before the Iraq invasion there were boots on the ground gathering all types of information, coordinates, schedules, etc.

It's all above you, Timmy. Stop before you embarrass yourself

GFY

Because you live in a leftist bubble unaware of special ops, dark ops, etc. Before the Iraq invasion there were boots on the ground gathering all types of information, coordinates, schedules, etc.

Ok Miss Tall Tales .

Pols don’t like assisinations because they don’t want the same. .

Plus. This thread is about 911.

GFY

Spend a lot of time in the military did you? :21:

I was working at a firm teaching hazardous and toxic waste workers, contractors, risk assessors and management planners to obtain their state licenses. My boss at the time held a part interest in a golf resort in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. Over the Labor Day weekend, we held a steak fry for some of our largest clients. The folf resort is less than four miles from Shanksville.

That Tuesday morning, I was headed to one of our classrooms to teach a refresher course for asbestos removal superintendents down from Erie. As I passed the receptionist's desk she said a 'two engine plane' had crashed into the World Trade Center. I told the class that, if any of them were news junkies, the story that would be in the headlines was a 'two engine plane' hit the WTC.

At 10:00 we took our scheduled break. I noticed no one was at the receptionist desk. No one was in any other class room. No one was in the break room. Everyone was in the conference room where a television set was tuned to WTAE channel 4 here in Pittsburgh. I asked a colleague what happened to the tower. He turned to me with tear filled eyes and said "They're gone."

Then Sally Wiggins, local anchor for the channel 4 News told us about a plane crashing into a field in Shanksville! The phone rang. It was the boss who was at home that day. He told us that bits of newspaper and carpeting and clothing was stuck in his rhododendrons around his house. He told us about the column of black smoke just over the hill.

Sally Wiggins then told us that the U.S?Steel Building, a sixty four story tall skyscraper and the pride of the Pittsburgh skyline, was being evacuated. She said that the State Police were closing the Squirrel Hill, Fort Pitt and Liberty Tunnels. Class was dismissed and we plotted out routes for the guys from Erie to get back home.

I took the Squirrel Hill and the Fort Pitt tunnels to get back home. My new route meant I would have to drive east to the PA Turnpike, then West to I-79 just to get back home. As I drove passed the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, I noticed no planes were taking off. It was a beautiful day weather wise. Severe Clear is what pilots called the conditions that day.

My radio was tuned to local news stations as they told the story of Manha, the Pentagon and, sadly, Shanksville.

I was driving into New York, heading to the Manhattan exit, because I had to be in Jersey City that morning for a meeting.

Passenger jets were circling all over the place above me as I looked up in my windshield. I'd never seen em circling that low in my life. They were everywhere, I guess trying to land, since the airport is right there.

So, I turned around and headed back southbound on 295 after turning on the radio to see what was going on.

Oddly enough, the week before that, I was working on a project in the Pentagon. Right in the same area where it got hit.

Last edited:

GFY

And here I thought it was a violation to distract from the thread topic

And here I thought it was a violation to distract from the thread topic

My original comment involved thread topic until the well dweller went off on a tangent because he was too stupid to grasp it.

By the way....you're off topic. Dumb ass

Ok Miss Tall Tales .

Pols don’t like assisinations because they don’t want the same. .

Plus. This thread is about 911.

You were saying well dweller? You're too easy Timmy. You're stupid

CIA Agents Were In Iraq First and Knew It Was Gonna Be A Clusterf*#k

Me; in bed asleep. It was night-time here. When I woke up I went straight to work where I thought the other workers were having a joke on me. I went on line and watched the news; I was shocked.

Greg

I was driving to work when I heard about the first plane on the radio. My first thought was about an airplane that accidentally crashed into the Empire State Building in a heavy fog in the 1930s.

Once I was at work, someone shouted the second tower had been hit. I immediately screamed, "OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!"

I knew it was that bastard instantly.

I'm surprised you didn't blame it on Trump.
Brainwashed much? Take a break LOL

Forum List

Back