On Becoming Part Of The 1%

So when do billionaire job creators start creating jobs?

95% of financial gains since 2009 have gone to the rich 1% job creators. 95% of all financial gains is a substantial amount of money. Are 95% of financial gains not enough to create higher paying jobs?

How exactly does "trickle down" economics work? Shouldn't corporations who make record profits be able to expand their businesses, hire more people with higher wages and better benefits, and thus the wealth "trickles down"? Isn't that supposed to be how it works?

No one has an obligation to create jobs.

So stop whining and do something about your situation.
Actually, if FOX News keeps talking about these "job creators", then yeah, those "job creators" have an obligation to create jobs. Otherwise, how can FOX News keep calling them "job creators"?

Why are you asking me what fox news does. You seem to watch it whereas I do not.

yes you mindless moron; the ultra-wealthy ARE doing better under obama than they did under Republicans. i said the ECONOMY is struggling; the DOW and rich people arent the economy you dolt. there is less volume in that record DOW than there has ben in the past; people are making money off of FOREIGN investment. back home we have the LOWEST RATE OF PARTICIPATION IN THE LABOR MARKET IN 40 YEARS, record welfare and food stamps, and record numbers of ABLE-BODIED people not even participating in the labor force. also record numbers collecting some kind of federal disability

you keep blaming your own failures on others

ur a joke

WTF are you talking about?

You are such a dishonest fuck you couldn't even address the idea that our economy is based largely on consumer spending and the idea of poorer people having more money to spend is good for the overall economy. That you are so worried about.

So tell me again, with you saying the wealthy are doing fine, tell me again why the poorest making a little more money is a bad thing.

It's not. They just need to sacrifice and take risk. You have to rise above the chuff. Life is not the Little League of the day where everyone gets a trophy. No, there are MVP's in America and not all have the skills required for such prestige. You want it, you have to work for it.

The old, gas, ass, or grass comes to mind

-Geaux

Who in the fuck do you think you are telling people how to live their lives? What if they don't want to "sacrifice and take risks"? What if they don't have enough to sacrifice anything and the biggest risk they take is the risk of getting shot or robbed in their neighborhood.

Who are you telling others how to live? You are fucking clueless about how some people live. You have this fantasy and no knowledge of reality for poor people.

You must be a republican, no matter what you call yourself.

Hey, what are the odds that YOU will make it to the vaunted 1% group? 50 trillion to one would be my bet. About the same as mine. You are not plutocrat material. If you were, you wouldn't be wasting so much time on a message board.

Now I gotta go to work. You should try it some time.

You are such a dishonest fuck you couldn't even address the idea that our economy is based largely on consumer spending and the idea of poorer people having more money to spend is good for the overall economy. That you are so worried about.

So tell me again, with you saying the wealthy are doing fine, tell me again why the poorest making a little more money is a bad thing.

It's not. They just need to sacrifice and take risk. You have to rise above the chuff. Life is not the Little League of the day where everyone gets a trophy. No, there are MVP's in America and not all have the skills required for such prestige. You want it, you have to work for it.

-Geaux

Who in the fuck do you think you are telling people how to live their lives? What if they don't want to "sacrifice and take risks"? What if they don't have enough to sacrifice anything and the biggest risk they take is the risk of getting shot or robbed in their neighborhood.

Who are you telling others how to live? You are fucking clueless about how some people live. You have this fantasy and no knowledge of reality for poor people.

Hey, what are the odds that YOU will make it to the vaunted 1% group? 50 trillion to one would be my bet. About the same as mine. You are not plutocrat material. If you were, you wouldn't be wasting so much time on a message board.

No one is ever going to escape poverty at minimum wage ... No matter what the minimum is.

I hired three people to new positions within the last year ... And all of them well above the average salary.
Needless to say ... None of the people I hired for the jobs the business created were unskilled workers at minimum wage.
All three of them have experienced life changing career moves that will get them closer to their desired goals.
Two of them were properly trained and qualified for the position they applied for ... I stole the third highly qualified person from a business that wasn't treating them right.

People need to learn how to make themselves market soluble and a valuable asset to a business if they ever expect to escape poverty.

-Geaux

Stop the presses.. Is that not what you have been doing?

-Geaux

-Geaux

If they don't want to take the risks, then they should not complain that they don't reap the rewards of risk taking.

If the don't have enough to take the risks, but want to, then they should do what I did, Work 5 days a week making shit pay....and working nights making shit pay.....and give up any "recreational" things for a while....and hand wash the same 2 shirts day after day...so you can amass the capital over time to be able to take the risk with. As I said...Like I did 35 years ago.

Hey genius....we are not telling others how to live or what to do. But when they complain that they are not getting what they want, we tell them what they need to do to get it.

And an FYI....I was penniless at the age of 23. And whereas I am not the 1%, I AM the top 2%.....so your odds of 50 trillion to one are inaccurate.

-Geaux

If they don't want to take the risks, then they should not complain that they don't reap the rewards of risk taking.

If the don't have enough to take the risks, but want to, then they should do what I did, Work 5 days a week making shit pay....and working nights making shit pay.....and give up any "recreational" things for a while....and hand wash the same 2 shirts day after day...so you can amass the capital over time to be able to take the risk with. As I said...Like I did 35 years ago.

Hey genius....we are not telling others how to live or what to do. But when they complain that they are not getting what they want, we tell them what they need to do to get it.

And an FYI....I was penniless at the age of 23. And whereas I am not the 1%, I AM the top 2%.....so your odds of 50 trillion to one are inaccurate.

And one thing I would like to add....because the "daddy helped" complaint is filled with holes..

Sure, the rich daddy helps many. So would pretty much anyone else if they can.

But how did daddy get rich? From his daddy? Ok. So HIS daddy helped. How did HIS daddy get rich?

Not everyone who came here years ago came over with loads of cash. To the contrary, most came with nothing.

So how did they do it?

Get off it. People get rich by working hard, taking risks and sacrificing recreational time.

And as I always say...

The politicians are wrong...

Not all Americans are HARD working Americans. Anyone working a 40 hour week is a Working American. Those that work 60 hours+ a week are HARD working Americans.

And many of those former hard working Americans who are now sitting back and reaping their rewards for their hard work?

They deserve it.

Bingo.

:eusa_clap:

But they don't want to hear it.

You're just a big greedy meanie.

Bingo.

So because he scrimped and saved, that makes it okay that he's a douchebag to other people.

Yeah, right.

No, we really don't want to hear from the 1%ers about how put upon they are because they can't afford a dressage horsie.

Bingo.

So because he scrimped and saved, that makes it okay that he's a douchebag to other people.

Yeah, right.

No, we really don't want to hear from the 1%ers about how put upon they are because they can't afford a dressage horsie.

Did I call it, or did I call it?

:laugh:

You should be ashamed for actually suggesting that people working full time at minimum wage jobs who still can't afford food each week should just wisely invest their meager paychecks and live like kings. Do you understand that people who don't have enough money to buy food also don't have enough money to buy stocks? Do you expect them to starve to death while they're waiting for their returns?
Holy shit, do you realize that I am not the only person replying to this thread?
You have once again claimed that I said or insinuated something that I haven't said or insinuated. It's almost as if you are living in some sort of alternate reality.

What I actually said was that I've never worked for minimum wage, not even at age 13. By the way, neither of my children have ever worked for minimum wage either and they both entered the work force at age 16.
But if you want a suggestion, I suggest this,
people that don't want a minimum wage job should work their ass off to find a job that pays better than that.
And when wealthy job creators send all of the production to Asia where they don't have to pay people a real wage, what are Americans supposed to do for work? Go back to college? Student loan debt now outweighs credit card debt, so people are going back to school and still not finding work even if they graduate. What other brilliant plans do you want to propose? Join the military? Wisely invest the money that they don't have because they're thousands of dollars in debt? Food banks are already struggling and you want to cut poor people's food stamps because "private charities will pick up the slack."

Everything that Conservatives believe is wrong.

Got any more foolish talking points?
Here is a fact,
The single largest manufacturing country is China, they have well over a billion people. The second largest manufacturing country is the USA, we have 300+ million people. China has almost 4 times the population of the USA and yet they barely outrank us as a production country. Tell me how that means the wealthy job creators sent all the production to Asia?

Here is another fact,
you are bitching about college education, guess what, college educated people don't work in a manufacturing plant doing things like turning wrenches, soldering, welding, smelting or sewing fabric into clothes.
If a production manufacturing job is supposed to be so good, how come none of your congress critters, current or former presidents or news media reporters groom their children to work as production employees in a manufacturing plant?

Maybe in your fantasy world, college educated folk get paid more for bolting an alternator onto a car than non college educated folk. Real life doesn't work that way, but dense people like you fall for the political talking points.

You want to blame poor people for not having any money when rich people have made 95% of the financial gains since Obama took office. You don't know shit about what is going in the world.

I bet you voted for President Obama, and you still miss the point you made. Not very astute of you.

95% of financial gains since 2009 have gone to the rich 1% job creators. 95% of all financial gains is a substantial amount of money. Are 95% of financial gains not enough to create higher paying jobs?

How exactly does "trickle down" economics work? Shouldn't corporations who make record profits be able to expand their businesses, hire more people with higher wages and better benefits, and thus the wealth "trickles down"? Isn't that supposed to be how it works?

Why are you so insistent that a billionaire create a job for you or others?
Why don't you fucking go out and create jobs if it's that important to you?

Yes, they voluntarily took the only job that was available, and were lucky enough to be hired over the 36 other applicants, so those employees should be grateful that they get shit wages and no health plan.

When people finally get a job, Republicans say, "Go get another job." When someone is working two jobs and it still isn't enough, Republicans say, "Go improve your skill set." When student loan debt reaches $1t and college graduates still can't find any work, Republicans say, "You chose the wrong major."

No matter what poor people do, Republicans will call them pathetic. And no matter what horrible things rich people do, like funding drug cartels and terrorists, Republicans will call them job creators even though record corporate profits obviously don't lower unemployment numbers.

Every time I think I've heard the best stupid, somebody proves me wrong.

By the way, skill-sets can be improved without college. I work in IT for a Fortune 500 company and have no college education in IT, nor any college education for over 30 years.

No one has an obligation to create jobs.

So stop whining and do something about your situation.
Actually, if FOX News keeps talking about these "job creators", then yeah, those "job creators" have an obligation to create jobs. Otherwise, how can FOX News keep calling them "job creators"?

Maybe you need to quit watching FOX news..

[

good one moron; thanks for admitting the rich are getting RICHER FASTER under obama; than they did under Republicans.

job creators would rather grow their businesses than just sit on their cash. are you so stupid you cant understand that? did they just become "greedy" since obama got in office? do you really want to go with that? because you arent man enought to ask WHY they are sitting on their money; making record profits; instead of putting money back into their operations and expanding? i thought you left-wingers were the critical thinkers?

Hey, guy, we've cut their taxes, gave them their trade treaties and their deregulation, so where are the fucking jobs?

Okay, we did it your way. Didn't work. Let's go back to what we did after FDR, tax the fuck out of them and put the money into infrastructure and compell them to pay fair wages.

Works for me.
No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity for the poor.
EVER

Why are you so insistent that a billionaire create a job for you or others?
Why don't you fucking go out and create jobs if it's that important to you?

Uh ... The people in a position to create jobs are the same as consumers.
If they do not have any confidence in the economy or market ... Then they pick better ways to invest their money than their own business expansion.
If you are a business owner and faced with the decision of hiring someone new and expanding operations ... Or shoring up your existing operations ... Then the state of the economy plays an important part.

While Progressive Liberals run around talking about screwing with wages and healthcare costs ... A business owner cannot assess the actual cost of a new employee to the business.
While Progressive Liberals run around talking about taxing the crap out everyone to support their misguided vote buying ... It is not surprising when a business owner decides not to extend their services past what they know they have now.

The only thing that wishy-washy bullshit from bottom produces ... Is rich people deciding to invest in the market in different ways than expanding the job market.
Of course the rich are going to get richer ... And as long as politicians are monkeying around with wages, healthcare and out-of-control spending ... The rich will invest in more productive endeavors.

Last edited:

-Geaux

No one is ever going to escape poverty at minimum wage ... No matter what the minimum is.

I hired three people to new positions within the last year ... And all of them well above the average salary.
Needless to say ... None of the people I hired for the jobs the business created were unskilled workers at minimum wage.
All three of them have experienced life changing career moves that will get them closer to their desired goals.
Two of them were properly trained and qualified for the position they applied for ... I stole the third highly qualified person from a business that wasn't treating them right.

People need to learn how to make themselves market soluble and a valuable asset to a business if they ever expect to escape poverty.

Or expect to improve their lot in their employment life.

It required initial capital investment to start a business or create jobs. Capital which the 1% "job creators" have plenty of.

So when do the 1% "job creators" begin to create jobs? Why doesn't trickle down economics work?

[

good one moron; thanks for admitting the rich are getting RICHER FASTER under obama; than they did under Republicans.

job creators would rather grow their businesses than just sit on their cash. are you so stupid you cant understand that? did they just become "greedy" since obama got in office? do you really want to go with that? because you arent man enought to ask WHY they are sitting on their money; making record profits; instead of putting money back into their operations and expanding? i thought you left-wingers were the critical thinkers?

Hey, guy, we've cut their taxes, gave them their trade treaties and their deregulation, so where are the fucking jobs?

Okay, we did it your way. Didn't work. Let's go back to what we did after FDR, tax the fuck out of them and put the money into infrastructure and compell them to pay fair wages.

Works for me.
No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity for the poor.
EVER

Unicorns are in the internet. They are real. I can see them.

It required initial capital investment to start a business or create jobs. Capital which the 1% "job creators" have plenty of.

So when do the 1% "job creators" begin to create jobs? Why doesn't trickle down economics work?

Recognizing that the political class is the 1% will set you free KNB.

Expand your awareness.

Forum List

Back