On Human Nature and Politics

I just wanted to know what the "it" is?

But I know PC will just break out some quick one liners from 1950 and never explain her posts unless she can copy and paste it

Did you miss this, earlier?

But, advice: the give away is that you are never able to point to anything that I post that isn't correct.....
And that is at the core of your dislike.

the truth scares the crap out of liberals, .

332-206...all truth.

Hey, did you still want to bet about HRC getting the DEM nomination? You ran like a bitch from the offer you made. Man up and lets discuss it.

Confirmation bias is a human trait that manifests greatly in politics. People don't want to hear information which contradicts their beliefs even if it's reasonable, and they'll believe ridiculous information if it confirms their beliefs. Hence, liberals watch MSNBC and are more likely to believe that Bush had something to do with 9/11 whereas conservatives watch Fox and are more likely to believe Obama was born in Kenya. Of course, both twoofers and birfers are ridiculous.

This is a human trait, not a political one. Any person who thinks this is just a liberal or a conservative thing is biased and displaying what I'm talking about.

Thanks for nothing I want my 3 minutes of life back
I'll say this much for ya'.....you always try to find new ways to say 'I don't like you, and I hate what you post.'

I think I can live with it.

But, advice: the give away is that you are never able to point to anything that I post that isn't correct.....
And that is at the core of your dislike......

CC's response inadvertently validates your conclusion: "Yet, a large portion of the population is willing to remain oblivious to their own nature, or, at the least, to pretend to be unaware of same."

Who would be more aware of human nature than ......human beings?
Yet, a large portion of the population is willing to remain oblivious to their own nature, or, at the least, to pretend to be unaware of same.

History reveals it....
Experience reveals it....

Liberals ignore it.

1. Classical liberals, i.e., Conservatives truly understand humannature, as shown here:
Each kind of government is a reflection on the way human nature is understood. The Founders did not feel that man is either perfect, or perfectible. James Madison, Federalist No. 55, February 15, 1788 “As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.” Therefore, a government must account for this nature, thus checks and balances.

The bolded is a good point for arguing against a laissez faire policy towards corporations.

Yet, a large portion of the population is willing to remain oblivious to their own nature, or, at the least, to pretend to be unaware of same.

History reveals it....

Liberals ignore it.

1. Classical liberals, i.e., Conservatives truly understand humannature, as shown here:
Each kind of government is a reflection on the way human nature is understood. The Founders did not feel that man is either perfect, or perfectible. James Madison, Federalist No. 55, February 15, 1788 “As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.” Therefore, a government must account for this nature, thus checks and balances.

The bolded is a good point for arguing against a laissez faire policy towards corporations.

Corporations should be required to obey our laws just like any individual citizen. No one has ever suggested otherwise.

However, the corporate tax benefits that you so hate were put in place by congresss, and do you know which party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years? Hmmmm, do you? Hint---not the GOP.

So if you want to blame someone for the so-called "corporate welfare" blame the democrats, they put it in the tax code.

History reveals it....

Liberals ignore it.

You think the government and corporations should have the same checks and balances ? Private vs public ?

History reveals it....

Liberals ignore it.

Corporations should be required to obey our laws just like any individual citizen. No one has ever suggested otherwise.

However, the corporate tax benefits that you so hate were put in place by congresss, and do you know which party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years? Hmmmm, do you? Hint---not the GOP.

So if you want to blame someone for the so-called "corporate welfare" blame the democrats, they put it in the tax code.

So conservatives don't want to deregulate businesses? Is that new? lol

Confirmation bias is a human trait that manifests greatly in politics. People don't want to hear information which contradicts their beliefs even if it's reasonable, and they'll believe ridiculous information if it confirms their beliefs. Hence, liberals watch MSNBC and are more likely to believe that Bush had something to do with 9/11 whereas conservatives watch Fox and are more likely to believe Obama was born in Kenya. Of course, both twoofers and birfers are ridiculous.

This is a human trait, not a political one. Any person who thinks this is just a liberal or a conservative thing is biased and displaying what I'm talking about.

I believe the argument is that one ideology is more prone to the bias than the other. Can you present a case that states the bias is equal ?

History reveals it....

Liberals ignore it.

You think the government and corporations should have the same checks and balances ? Private vs public ?

I think that conservatives want the balance of power to be shifted in favor of corporations, by far.

So conservatives don't want to deregulate businesses? Is that new? lol

reasonable regulation is good and appropriate, over regulation is killing the economy. There has to be a balance. Democrat/liberals want a government controlled economy wherein everyone works for the government and the government controlls every aspect of our lives. How is that working out for the north koreans?

what they have is north korea is the final stage of what you fools advocate for the usa.

I think that conservatives want the balance of power to be shifted in favor of corporations, by far.

well you "think" wrong. Who the fuck do you think is filling the dem coffers with cash right now? Corporate PACs, thats who. Union PACs, thats who.

you are hypocrisy in action.

well you "think" wrong. Who the fuck do you think is filling the dem coffers with cash right now? Corporate PACs, thats who. Union PACs, thats who.

That doesnt mean that cons dont want the balance of power shifted.

I just wanted to know what the "it" is?

But I know PC will just break out some quick one liners from 1950 and never explain her posts unless she can copy and paste it

Nothing is incorrect because you never stated what "it" is? Unless you are seriously saying Liberals ignore human nature. Are you? Do liberals act unhuman? Is that what you're going with?

Man needs government....but, what kind of government consistent with the recognized nature of human beings?

4. Consent. We are not subjects, and therefore must give consent to any government. Specifically, the Constitution is the only document the American people have consented to be governed by.

5. Limited Government. Our government must be strong, in order to perform the duties outlined in article I, section 8.
But its strength is limited to these duties.

a. “If the question of constitutionality of a certain governmental action is at stake, it is not incumbent upon the citizen to say to the government, "Where in the Constitution does it say this can't be done? The responsibility is on the federal official to show where in the Constitution it says it can be done.” Citizens for a Fashionable Republic |

6. Not so from the Left....Progressive Woodrow Wilson, in his essay “What is Progress?” compares the Founders ideas of checks and balances as the construction of a government as one would construct an orrery, and based on immutable laws as in Newton, while he contends that government should conform to Darwin.

“ It is modified by its environment, necessitated by its tasks, shaped to its functions by the sheer pressure of life. No living thing can have its organs offset against each other, as checks, and live.”

a. “No living thing can have its organs offset against each other, as checks, and live. So the government is a living thing. It’s like a body, and it cannot live unless it changes and it adapts. …”
Mark Levin on President Woodrow Wilson

...and the authority for that change?

According to Wilson, and Obama....the Constitution is not necessary for that authority.

So....for the Leftist, the Progressive, the Liberal, the Democrat......no checks and balances.
They demand that we accept their governing as provided by those of the best nature....one to which all of us should aspire.

Last edited:
Thanks for nothing I want my 3 minutes of life back

So did the spectator that watched the OP El Gordo choke down a 72 ounce steak for an appetizer.

Now.....why are you so cowardly.....???

You've run away from the avi of the slut just because I was having so much fun with it??

I double dog dare you to bring her back....

...so I can say stuff like SHE'S LIKE THE FIRST SLICE OF BREAD IN THE BAG....EVERYONE TOUCHES IT, BUT NO ONE REALLY WANTS IT.

the truth scares the crap out of liberals, .

332-206...all truth.

Hey, did you still want to bet about HRC getting the DEM nomination? You ran like a bitch from the offer you made. Man up and lets discuss it.

Would you still vote for this failure?

Most folks wouldn't.

"George W. Bush a Better President Than Obama, According to New Poll"
George W. Bush a Better President Than Obama, According to New Poll | WebProNews

Corporations are owned by collections of people people.

“Exxon Mobil, in fact, is owned mostly by ordinary Americans. Mutual funds, index funds and pension funds (including union pension funds) own about 52 percent of Exxon Mobil’s shares. Individual shareholders, about two million or so, own almost all the rest. The pooh-bahs who run Exxon own less than 1 percent of the company.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/business/02every.html

So typical of the liars who inhabit the Leftist precincts.....they need to lie and create imaginary bête noires.

“Exxon Mobil, in fact, is owned mostly by ordinary Americans. Mutual funds, index funds and pension funds (including union pension funds) own about 52 percent of Exxon Mobil’s shares. Individual shareholders, about two million or so, own almost all the rest. The pooh-bahs who run Exxon own less than 1 percent of the company.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/business/02every.html

So typical of the liars who inhabit the Leftist precincts.....they need to lie and create imaginary bête noires.

Your post has nothing to do with my post. That is a very bad habit of yours. Cut back on the happy pills.

If corporations are people,

and as you quoted Madison,

“As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.”

it is thus fair to assume that you see as much depravity in corporations as you see in any other manifestation of 'people'.

You have made the case for the most rigorous regulation, oversight, and control of corporations and their depravity.

Your post has nothing to do with my post. That is a very bad habit of yours. Cut back on the happy pills.

“As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust.”

it is thus fair to assume that you see as much depravity in corporations as you see in any other manifestation of 'people'.

You have made the case for the most rigorous regulation, oversight, and control of corporations and their depravity.

Your inability to understand the connection is hardly my obligation.

"... in any other manifestation of 'people'."

In "Demosclerosis:: The Silent Killer of American Government," Jonathan Rauch points out that 7 out of 10 Americans belong to an interest group, and one out of four belong to at least four!

Unions, Sierra Club, every Liberal pressure/interest group.....You have overlooked the case for the most rigorous regulation, oversight, and control of interest groups and their depravity.

...none of which benefit the nation to the extent that corporations do..... If actual corporations are allowed to perform under free market capitalism rules, where the decisions are based on profit, productivity, and efficiency, the taxpayer is not left holding the bag. By its nature, government in a democracy cannot act in this manner: there are too many special interests that must be accommodated.

That doesnt mean that cons dont want the balance of power shifted.

Hopefully 'shifted' back to the Constitution, and away from the corrupt Chicago thugs.

7. The Constitution was a hopeful effort to hold man's self-interest in check.

And, thus, the Progressive view of the Constitution:

"Justly revered as our great Constitution is, it could be stripped off and thrown aside like a garment, and the nation would still stand forth in the living vestment of flesh and sinew, warm with the heart-blood of one people, ready to recreate constitutions and laws. …"
Woodrow Wilson [Woodrow Wilson
"The Modern Democratic State" (1885; first published in 1966)
The Papers of Woodrow Wilson, Volume 5]

Get it: no checks or balances.

8. Madison recognized that separation of powers would reduce the chances for tyranny. As Madison, quoting Jefferson in the passage from Federalist 47 elaborates: "The accumulation of all powers legislative, executive and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
The Avalon Project : Federalist No 47

a. Not for Obama: "Obama: 'If Congress Won't Act, I Will' Obama: 'If Congress Won't Act, I Will' | Video - ABC News

".... the very definition of tyranny."

Your inability to understand the connection is hardly my obligation.

"... in any other manifestation of 'people'."

In "Demosclerosis:: The Silent Killer of American Government," Jonathan Rauch points out that 7 out of 10 Americans belong to an interest group, and one out of four belong to at least four!

Unions, Sierra Club, every Liberal pressure/interest group.....You have overlooked the case for the most rigorous regulation, oversight, and control of interest groups and their depravity.

...none of which benefit the nation to the extent that corporations do..... If actual corporations are allowed to perform under free market capitalism rules, where the decisions are based on profit, productivity, and efficiency, the taxpayer is not left holding the bag. By its nature, government in a democracy cannot act in this manner: there are too many special interests that must be accommodated.

That's a tiresome way of you saying you want corporations to run the country. Bad idea.

Forum List

Back