On this 4th of July....Don't forget to thank a liberal

Universal suffrage was begun back in the 1700's, but took a while to be widely accepted. It was one of the basic foundations for our country. Not surprising that a right winger wouldn't want it to continue.

Yeah...something about paying for dead beats just rubs me the wrong way.
Everyone pays a percentage and you could end the controversy right now.

Good luck with that.

Look,I know you love sucking on the tit of government while the rest of us pay.
But it would benefit you greatly as far as your pride and the sense of being part of your country instead of a leach.

Oh my...Another right winger called me a leach. Actually, I was lucky enough to retire early and now spend my days fishing and working on hobbies. Not much time to leach off of you, and I highly doubt you could supply the things I enjoy.

Funny...I retired at 46 four years ago.
And I know for a fact you couldnt supply me with the cost of my electric bill every month.

I doubt I would want to. However, I'm not the one who called you a leach.

Actually....they were fighting "taxation without representation"

Imagine that.......every man having a right to vote for his representative

Another LIBERAL concept still fought against by conservatives

How about the right to vote when you have no skin in the game?
No one should have the right to vote for free shit from the ones who pay...PERIOD!!!!

Another conservative who doesn't understand the concept of the inalienable right to vote.

I understand all to well the liberal mindset.
If you dont pay into the pot you shouldnt have any say in how it's spent.
Our liberal founding fathers never believed that

That is a conservative value. You must have money to vote

How does it feel to be wrong all the time?

Ironic coming from someone who has been consistently wrong on this OP topic.

Since you don't understand the 3/5 issue...since it doesn't seem to be taught in democrat controlled schools since it would undermine the statist attempts to alienate blacks from this country.....that compromise was agreed to to weaken the strength of the slave owning states in the new nation......you know....the states that would later become the racist democrats. Those racist slave owners, who would become democrats, wanted to count slaves for the purpose of representation in congress....giving them far more power than they deserved since slaves were not free......so to keep them from having that power a compromise had to be reached....and they counted each slave as 3/5 of a free man to diminish the slave states representation in congress........moron.............

It was the first act against the slave owning states..to diminish their future power......
That would be democratic schools, dumbass....

No...democrat run schools.....asshole....
There is no such animals...since the schools officials are not elected to their positions...

The teachers unions and teachers are by a vast majority democrats.......and they control day to day affairs in their classrooms.....not the school boards....and they then give their union dues to re elect democrat politicians...they are one of the biggest political contributers to democrats...

Teacher have been unionized for decades. During which time, U.S. educated citizens won WW2, built a middle class thanks to unions, put a man on the moon, etc. Guess rush limbaugh's opinions hold sway with right wingers though.
I have two cousins that are teachers in Texas and are GOP members, yet they are in no union as teachers, neither are my friends I attended school with that are PHD's and teach at OU... That is a myth, cause all teachers are not members of a union.......Just like all cops in the US are not union members....See how that works,,which is why blanket statements only allow people to realize you are ignorant of the whole entity.......

That would be democratic schools, dumbass....

There is no such animals...since the schools officials are not elected to their positions...

The teachers unions and teachers are by a vast majority democrats.......and they control day to day affairs in their classrooms.....not the school boards....and they then give their union dues to re elect democrat politicians...they are one of the biggest political contributers to democrats...

Teacher have been unionized for decades. During which time, U.S. educated citizens won WW2, built a middle class thanks to unions, put a man on the moon, etc. Guess rush limbaugh's opinions hold sway with right wingers though.
I have two cousins that are teachers in Texas and are GOP members, yet they are in no union as teachers, neither are my friends I attended school with that are PHD's and teach at OU That is a myth, cause all teachers are not members of a union.......Just like all cops in the US are not union members....See how that works,,which is why blanket statements only allow people to realize you are ignorant of the whole entity.......

I've got several teacher friends, none of them in a union. Wouldn't even associate the two if not for this board and its incessant Limblobian myth-memes.

ce5e9bad098fbf7d5a4a0f71b74bcaa5.jpg

Problem, in the Whiskey Rebellion Western PA was in revolt, armed revolt. Attacking tax collectors and burning buildings.

What happened at the Bundy ranch was none of that.

Obama showed restraint and pulled back his men

George Washington would have wiped Bundy out

Washington attacked not one person.

Now if you want a parallel, Clinton attacked a group at Waco who was hurting absolutely no one and we know Clinton was a liberal.

Oh, and Washington lead from the front, while Obama did what he does and hid in Washington.

How about the right to vote when you have no skin in the game?
No one should have the right to vote for free shit from the ones who pay...PERIOD!!!!

Another conservative who doesn't understand the concept of the inalienable right to vote.

Our founding fathers didnt allow those who didnt have any skin in the game to vote. So yeah...you're wrong again.

Imagine a world where a certain class was born to rule over those who were born to lower classes
Your position in society was based on your birth, not what you accomplish after your birth

The liberals of the day stood up and declared.......All men are created equal

They created a country where the lowest farm hand had the same vote as the richest land owner

Thank a liberal

Thank a classical liberal anyway.

The progressives are destroying them.

Classical liberal is a fantasy invented by conservatives to try to take credit for the founding of our country

A liberal looks at the problems of their era and seeks to solve them. The fact that those issues evolve does not mean people were not liberals

I have two cousins that are teachers in Texas and are GOP members, yet they are in no union as teachers, neither are my friends I attended school with that are PHD's and teach at OU That is a myth, cause all teachers are not members of a union.......Just like all cops in the US are not union members....See how that works,,which is why blanket statements only allow people to realize you are ignorant of the whole entity.......

I've got several teacher friends, none of them in a union. Wouldn't even associate the two if not for this board and its incessant Limblobian myth-memes.

The ONLY reason the right opposes unions is because their members usually support Democrats. It's not about wages, or conditions, or anything else. It's completely about which politician gets the donation. All the other crap they spout about unions is just subterfuge.

Problem, in the Whiskey Rebellion Western PA was in revolt, armed revolt. Attacking tax collectors and burning buildings.

What happened at the Bundy ranch was none of that.

Obama showed restraint and pulled back his men

George Washington would have wiped Bundy out

Washington attacked not one person.

Now if you want a parallel, Clinton attacked a group at Waco who was hurting absolutely no one and we know Clinton was a liberal.
Read about what Washington did to the citizens during the Whiskey rebellion...
In January 1791, President George Washington's Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton proposed a seemingly innocuous excise tax "upon spirits distilled within the United States, and for appropriating the same."1 What Congress failed to predict was the vehement rejection of this tax by Americans living on the frontier of Western Pennsylvania. By 1794, the Whiskey Rebellion threatened the stability of the nascent United States and forced President Washington to personally lead the United States militia westward to stop the rebels.
Whiskey Rebellion George Washington s Mount Vernon

Our founding fathers didnt allow those who didnt have any skin in the game to vote. So yeah...you're wrong again.

And you wonder why people say right wingers are hateful and mean.

Imagine a world where a certain class was born to rule over those who were born to lower classes
Your position in society was based on your birth, not what you accomplish after your birth

They created a country where the lowest farm hand had the same vote as the richest land owner

Thank a liberal

Classical liberal is a fantasy invented by conservatives to try to take credit for the founding of our country

A liberal looks at the problems of their era and seeks to solve them. The fact that those issues evolve does not mean people were not liberals

And contemporary liberalism is a fantasy invented by progressives. No such thing exists. There is only progressivism, and the rest is something else...the enemy..including liberalism.

Thank a liberal

And contemporary liberalism is a fantasy invented by progressives. No such thing exists. There is only progressivism, and the rest is something else...the enemy..including liberalism.

Just put all those words into the blender so you can drink them up easier....

Yet another mindless kneejerk response sans any substance!

Why do you ignore the fact that FF changed their position on that within 20 years?

Thank a liberal

"Progressivism" :rolleyes: You're only about a hundred years too late.

Thank a liberal

Nonsense

Liberals are like they have always been....standing up for the common man

Thank a liberal

Too bad today's "liberals" aren't liberal in the classical sense. Today they are just a bunch of progressive assclowns that hate the America those Founding Fathers helped create.

Thank a liberal

Too bad today's "liberals" aren't liberal in the classical sense. Today they are just a bunch of progressive assclowns that hate the America those Founding Fathers helped create.

Classical Liberal is a fantasy made up by today's conservatives to somehow excuse their opposition to our independence

A view that liberals should somehow maintain opinions from 200 years ago to remain liberal

"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur

Forum List

Back