Once again I am ashamed of the Republicans

Sarah Palin went to show her leadership. While she was there she ate some Creole and declared that it was the best French food she had ever eaten. Finally, someone told her she wasn't in France but was actually in New Orleans' French Quarter!

OK, I made the whole thing up. It's been a few days since we have had either a pro-Palin or anti-Palin thread, so I thought I'd start the week off right or left. :2up:

True enough. But I equate this to a small fire where the fire department is on strike, I would expect someone else to step up.
Your first mistake was taking Jake Tapper seriously, he's driveby hitman for Team CNN, the media wing of the Democrat party. Smearing Republicans is his job, it's what he does.

The problem is that there is a track record of Islamic terrorists attacks here that regularly get downplayed by the president. Dismissing them as workplace violence is an insult to anyone's intelligence. It would have meant a great deal had he been there, he should have been there, blaming Republicans is just lame.

Besides, how were "the Republicans" even supposed to know he was going to be a no show? Do you think they get morning briefings on obbie's itinerary?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Can you imagine the OUTRAGE that would be coming from those asshole Republicans in Congress and on FOX had Obama packed up the entire administration and they all went to Paris.

Oh the costs for transportation. The costs for lodging. Food. Oh the fucking Republican outrage would have gone on for weeks.

Had Obama went to Paris.

As it stands now, the outrage over NOT going will last for weeks and weeks.
Maybe a Congressional investigation led by that famous car thief investigator that never finds wrongdoing anywhere that he can prove.

Fucking Republicans are an embarrassment to the entire nation.

One would think that the Speaker of the House or the Senate majority leader could have showed up in France, but no they did nothing. As for the administration, who expected anything else? I guess Jake Tapper did, now he knows, or should but I am thinking as with all liberals all Obama has to say is something along the line, "GOP House majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacist Confernece" and Tapper will forget all about this incident.

Jake Tapper: I'm ashamed by U.S. leaders' absence in Paris

I say this as an American -- not as a journalist, not as a representative of CNN -- but as an American: I was ashamed.

I certainly understand the security concerns when it comes to sending President Barack Obama, though I can't imagine they're necessarily any greater than sending the lineup of other world leaders, especially in aggregate.

The responsibility to engage in such events resides with the Secretary of State, not the House speaker.

True enough. But I equate this to a small fire where the fire department is on strike, I would expect someone else to step up.

That someone should have been Kerry since Obama is too busy golfing.

Can you imagine the OUTRAGE that would be coming from those asshole Republicans in Congress and on FOX had Obama packed up the entire administration and they all went to Paris.
I would hope it would be considerable. Why should the whole administration go? I'd only support it if they were going to stay.

Your first mistake was taking Jake Tapper seriously, he's driveby hitman for Team CNN, the media wing of the Democrat party. Smearing Republicans is his job, it's what he does.

The problem is that there is a track record of Islamic terrorists attacks here that regularly get downplayed by the president. Dismissing them as workplace violence is an insult to anyone's intelligence. It would have meant a great deal had he been there, he should have been there, blaming Republicans is just lame.

Besides, how were "the Republicans" even supposed to know he was going to be a no show? Do you think they get morning briefings on obbie's itinerary?

Did you have time to read the article and see what he said?

Oh the costs for transportation. The costs for lodging. Food. Oh the fucking Republican outrage would have gone on for weeks.

Had Obama went to Paris.

Maybe a Congressional investigation led by that famous car thief investigator that never finds wrongdoing anywhere that he can prove.

Best straw man I've seen today.... ^

Had Obama went to Paris.

The day is young. Chances are he'll double down.

Had Obama went to Paris.

That would not have happened in my opinion. And if it did then the Republicans would certainly be in the wrong. Interesting that you have not one word of condemnation against the people who should have sent someone other then an Ambassador, especially considering Holder was already in France.

Tapper isn't exactly a rightwing spoke person.

40+ heads of state go to show support, and Obama sits it out. Nothing the GOP could have done to soothe that wound and I believe to try to would have been tacky

Had Obama went to Paris.

Should have sent the strawman, that would have been better.

Freewill is correct. The fact is the leadership of both parties handled the situation poorly.
YA... THERE YA GO AGAIN, LEFTY... the MUSLIM IN CHIEF embarrasses our entire NATION, because this was an event where LEADERS attended, and you want to blame EVERYBODY...

... Pfft ...

Holy fuck you are a joke, Fakey... a pathetic little joke.

At this point, ANYONE still left supporting the kenyan is a JOKE!

You are the mentally unbalanced birfer, right, 007?

40+ heads of state go to show support, and Obama sits it out. Nothing the GOP could have done to soothe that wound and I believe to try to would have been tacky

For once both side show solidarity and it is the wrong thing, yes tacky indeed.

No one from the GOP is the head of state. It would be pompass to pretend to be

Freewill is correct. The fact is the leadership of both parties handled the situation poorly.

While this was certainly a regrettable event, I fail to see why any member of the leadership, either executive or legislative, should have been there.

I would not expect Obama to go in such short notice, but he could have sent Holder. Someone of his administration, anyone.

I would not expect Obama to go in such short notice, but he could have sent Holder. Someone of his administration, anyone.
I would expect him to have gone and he would have if he cared

I don't feel any shame for the actions of those who are not part of my group.

Considering , too, that I can find no group that would have me for a member, I find this to be just one of the many advantages.

I would expect him to have gone and he would have if he cared

My opinion is that he obviously doesn't care but to send him would be a security nightmare, consider the recent news on the SS, but then again other world leaders showed up even the leader of Israel and he was asked to stay away..

Forum List

Back