One always has to ruin it for others

Whatever. You simply cannot stop someone from carrying when you open a business to the public. When it came to businesses serving gays, it was "They have to serve them because of public accommodation laws!" but when it comes to CCW's? "Oh the business has a right to refuse."

That is a conflict of interest, is it not?

Last edited:
There are local laws that can make a business allow CCW access. In fact that is one of the issues here.

The problem is I am "stuck" in a lib hovel due to family commitments. I shouldn't be denied my rights because of where I live.

You're not being denied any rights. Your liberty to open carry is not a liberty to FORCE others to accept you onto their property while you are packing. You made a choice to live in a lib hovel, that's on you. You don't have the right to punish others for your choices. But you do have the first amendment right to complain about it.

if it is private property for private use only, then i agree. But as our liberal friends keep reminding us when you open a Business that is open to the public (i mean open, like you walk in to do business) you are suspending some of your property owner rights. Some are more obvious, such as you can't claim you shot a "trespasser" walking into your deli, others less obvious, such as having to follow certain laws based on the fact you allow your property to be used by the public to perform a transaction with you.

Correct, and as stated earlier you'll need an act of congress to get yourself a new federal law that explicitly takes away my right to prohibit guns on my property without a court order and / or my right to live in lib or conservative hovel of my free choosing with local laws set forth by the people of that locale. You don't like lib land cause you are a conservative living in lib land. Remember please, that libs want to force republican states live by lib laws.

Live by the sword die by the sword. You want to take authoritarian actions to remove my liberties? Prepare yourself to loose liberties that you want to keep when those very libs shove their authority down your throat.

Sure, as if I would let a restaurant tell me where I can take my firearm.

People have every right, businesses have every right -- to keep weapons out of their homes and schools and businesses.

Ayup people have every right to be stupid enough to declare their location a gun free zone thus inviting criminals to said location as the criminals will know the folks there are all sheep. Just don't force your stupidity on my location.

Last edited:
Chipotle: Don't bring guns in our stores: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

NEW YORK (AP) - Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Denver-based company notes that it has traditionally complied with local laws regarding open and concealed firearms.

But in a statement Monday, the company said that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws.

Many states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way, but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

They don't want guns in their stores they can move out of states that abide by the constitution and allow guns to be carried. No one is forcing them to be there, but if they plan to remain they will just have to abide by the laws of the land. remember, no discrimination allowed.

Sure, as if I would let a restaurant tell me where I can take my firearm.

People have every right, businesses have every right -- to keep weapons out of their homes and schools and businesses.

Ayup people have every right to be stupid enough to declare their location a gun free zone thus inviting criminals to said location as the criminals will know the folks there are all sheep. Just don't force your stupidity on my location.

Nonsense

Nonsense

Nonsense? Did you think a sign posting that guns are prohibited was gonna stop criminals from entering you property with a gun? ROFL Some of these criminals can't even read english.

Nonsense

Nonsense? Did you think a sign posting that guns are prohibited was gonna stop criminals from entering you property with a gun? ROFL Some of these criminals can't even read english.

"We are a gun free zone" equals "Shoot me! Shoot me! I'm over here, free shot!"

Nonsense

So that means the sign isn't alerting them to unarmed victims, huh?

So that means the sign isn't alerting them to unarmed victims, huh?

Nope. But they know what a gun looks like. If it has something like this on it:

images

There's no need for them to comprehend English. The know exactly what it means.

So they should be able to ban black people from coming in as well, right? property rights and all.

False equivalency.

Try carrying your bb gun into a coffee shops whilst wearing your Dr.
Dentons and get back to us when the psyche evaluation you'll have earned is done.

But were you to do it in blackface you'd probably go unchallenged lest somebody shout "RACIST" at anyone dared call the cops.

Last edited:

Nonsense

Ft Hood, VT, Movie theaters everywhere:

No-weapons-590.jpg

Morons.

No. That right is a government limitation on action, not a free pass for property owners.

I am empowered to protect myself. If no one else knows I am carry then it is none of their business.

If no one knows, how is that different than no one knowing you broke any other law? Obviously if no one knows, nothing will happen to you.

So you have the right to other people's property, not them. And government has the right to your body, not you. You're not much of an advocate for personal rights.

You are, per usual, ass backwards.

First of all you aren't taking somebody else's property if you use their proferred services (and pay for them). That isn't *taking* or exerting a *right* over.
If it's their property and they tell you not to come there with a gun. They are telling you they don't want your business unless you leave the gun behind. You have no right to take a gun on their property. You do have the right to not do business with them.

And wtf about "your body"??? What do you even mean?

I'm referring to socons like rabbi arguing that you can trample other people's property rights by ignoring their instructions for your use of their property, and government can trample your right to your own body by telling you what you can and can't do with it.

If no one knows, how is that different than no one knowing you broke any other law? Obviously if no one knows, nothing will happen to you.

So you have the right to other people's property, not them. And government has the right to your body, not you. You're not much of an advocate for personal rights.

First of all you aren't taking somebody else's property if you use their proferred services (and pay for them). That isn't *taking* or exerting a *right* over.
If it's their property and they tell you not to come there with a gun. They are telling you they don't want your business unless you leave the gun behind. You have no right to take a gun on their property. You do have the right to not do business with them.

I'm referring to socons like rabbi arguing that you can trample other people's property rights by ignoring their instructions for your use of their property, and government can trample your right to your own body by telling you what you can and can't do with it.

I agree completely (I think - still trying to decode part 2)

But -- what is a "socon"?

I agree completely (I think - still trying to decode part 2)

But -- what is a "socon"?

A social conservative. The ones who think government should tell us that it should be illegal to have gay sex, put drugs in your body, that sort of thing

I refuse to believe that ANYONE on here would be comfortable taking their children to a restaurant like Chipotle if there were RANDOM STRANGERS in the establishment with long guns hanging off their shoulders. To do so would defy the natural desire to protect your children. Long guns belong 8n a restaurant as much as they did in the movie theater in Colorado. There is literally NO PURPOSE or reason to take a weapon like that into a fast food restaurant. It's not like this is a normally visited establishment that farmers, hunters or men from the gun range freaquent.

Also if we as conservatives are going to defend the right of the BUSINESS owner to set his own rules for conducting his business as he sees fit then this is no different.

:eusa_doh: Of course, shoulda known.

I thought it was a brand of gas station.

Recently posters have said they would not leave a restaurant if an armed person walked in.

We all have the right to be safe and keep our kids safe. Force these cowards to wear their guns where we can see them.

Why would I leave? Unlike you, I am NOT terrified of an inanimate object.

Open-carry is not legal here.

Forum List

Back