one hell of a salesman found a sucker or he's laundering money

When it’s sold for almost twice it’s appraised value that raises red flags.
Where is the appraisal? When was it done? For what purpose?

I've been a Realtor for over 40 years. During record-breaking run-up in prices, appraisers had a hard time keeping up with prices. Increases you cited were common. People were buying just to not be left behind. Like a pyramid scheme, those that got in early, 2001-2004 made a bundle if they sold. Those that got in late, unless they could afford to sit with the property, lost a bundle.

What's your point?

I bought a house in CA for $160K and sold it 5 years later for $540K.

Call your congressman .... or your kleenex salesman.
bullshit makes the flowers grow

In California and a lot of other locations at that time, that was a typical price increase. I've seen that rate of increase on properties held for far shorter periods of time. That's why the bust was so devastating to so many people. So many people watched "Flip this House" and whatever and thought it was easy and without risk.

And what was the appraised value for the Trump property that was sold?

It was sold for 30 million over the appraised value. That is a lot. Sen. Ron Wyden seeking admin records on Trump's sale of mansion to Russian - CNNPolitics

Sounds like a good business deal to me ... he should be congratulated.

Maybe he can get the same deal on California.

Sounds like possible money laundering to me.

Only if you squint your eyes, and hold your mouth just right .... you're looking for something that isn't there, primarily because you WANT it to be.

You have (drum roll, please!!!) that dreaded disease affecting millions of liberals today --- CONFIRMATION BIAS!!

There seems to be no cure.

What would you consider evidence of money laundering? A "D" attached to the name?

Government expands crackdown on money laundering in real estate
You're the one making the accusation --- you should be able to prove it.

Unless, of course ......

I've been a Realtor for over 40 years. During record-breaking run-up in prices, appraisers had a hard time keeping up with prices. Increases you cited were common. People were buying just to not be left behind. Like a pyramid scheme, those that got in early, 2001-2004 made a bundle if they sold. Those that got in late, unless they could afford to sit with the property, lost a bundle.

during ANY market have you ever personally been aware of buyers or investors who paid 5-10 times square foot market value ?

I know a lady thats sold some high dollar property in the last 35 years, and she would kill for a listing that apraised for $1000 a square foot and sold for $ 10,000 $ a square foot ..

Liberals BFF Warren Buffet is worth 10's of billions and I don't hear them bitching about him.

during ANY market have you ever personally been aware of buyers or investors who paid 5-10 times square foot market value ?

I know a lady thats sold some high dollar property in the last 35 years, and she would kill for a listing that apraised for $1000 a square foot and sold for $ 10,000 $ a square foot ..

The increase you cited was nowhere near 10 times the original price. Your gross exaggerations simply void your entire argument.

Ok ---- so this is your apology?

You have clearly shown that:

1) The purchase price was appropriate.
2) Renovations were performed - up to $25 million
3) The sales price was within the norm for that area, considering land value, real property, and renovations..
4) The new seller chose to subdivide (an option Trump had considered)
5) The new seller made money on it - even though he apparently had little or no renovation investment

Your apology is accepted.

yet another shady Trump deal that makes you think ..

Trump Sold a $40 Million Estate to a Russian Oligarch for $100 Million—and a Democratic Senator Wants to Know Why

he bought an estate for $41 million then sold it to a Russian oligarch for $95 million only four years later.

the art of the crook, I mean deal.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Once again, you've got nothing.

Why don't you tell us about Harry Reid and how he made a huge profit on land he had sold years previously?

Or, who was the person that helped former President Obama buy his mansion in Chicago? You know, the one currently serving time in prison? Who was the real estate agent who helped Obama buy his mansion? Right, that would be the wife of Rod Blagojevich. Yes, the former governor now serving time in prison too.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

I pay you $30 million too much - after big sale you invest $25 million in my company, keep $5 million for own pocket - hide tax returns - nobody ever know ..

Pretty close, just a little juicer.

Someone dig up the deeds of sale. On the front end, well it was a blatant attempt at hiding money from the old ex-wife. The Russian guy was involved in a bitter divorce and he needed to stash some loot before the division of assets. Seems there was some abuse allegations. Surprise, surprise. But them Russian divorces can get pretty expensive, the spouse was getting half of everything plus support. Pretty doubtful that anything close to one hundred million actually changed hands on the transactions. Hell, I believe Trump is claiming a ten percent seller's fee. Now I don't watch Selling LA, but ten percent seems pretty stout. Hell, more than ten percent. Ten million on top of a ninety million sale.

And on the back end, the carve outs, well betting good money that they didn't go to "people", they went to LLC's with owners hiding behind trusts and locations in the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, or Liechtenstein. Yeah, Liechtenstein, the country with more trusts than people. And it is the tip of the iceberg, because that is the thing.

Tump's real estate deals are going to LLC's, not individual people. And the snooty Trump people will claim that is the way everybody does it. Except it ain't. Even on the high end, those multi-million closings. Maybe ten or fifteen percent of them go to LLC's. But Tump's deals, it's like three out of four.

It absolutely reeks of money laundering. At the very best, it's shady, down-right shady. But if we get going down this rabbit hole it's going to get freaky. Really freaky. But I can tell you this much, one of the hottest trends in Russia among the financial elite is to have a born in America son or daughter. Yep, a good old fashioned anchor baby. And Trump is neck deep in that mess because of some of his holdings. Actually, it is probably incorporated in to their sales presentation.

Trump Sold a $40 Million Estate to a Russian Oligarch for $100 Million—and a Democratic Senator Wants to Know Why

he bought an estate for $41 million then sold it to a Russian oligarch for $95 million only four years later.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Once again, you've got nothing.

Why don't you tell us about Harry Reid and how he made a huge profit on land he had sold years previously?

Or, who was the person that helped former President Obama buy his mansion in Chicago? You know, the one currently serving time in prison? Who was the real estate agent who helped Obama buy his mansion? Right, that would be the wife of Rod Blagojevich. Yes, the former governor now serving time in prison too.

Reid _ Obama

but but but but but but but

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Trump bought the property for 2000 a sq foot .. sold it for almost 5000 a sq foot.

1. Great Real Estate salesman

2. Found a Russian SUCKER

3. Laundering Russian money.

giver the old fucker hired Manafort, I'll go with #3.

Last edited:
Russian;

(best russian accent)

I pay you $30 million too much - after big sale you invest $25 million in my company, keep $5 million for own pocket - hide tax returns - nobody ever know ..

Siete, the Russian turned around and also made money on the land, you are not too bright on how real estate works are you, you and Ron need to learn before you spout nonsense.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

This was ten years ago at the height of the housing bubble. This has jack shit to do with anything. It's just another attempt by sore losers who lost the White House to try and make a connection that isn't there. You tards are as bad as the Republicans were trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya or that Hillary caused Benghazi.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

Siete, the Russian turned around and also made money on the land, you are not too bright on how real estate works are you, you and Ron need to learn before you spout nonsense.

No...not in this case.

From the article I quoted earlier:
The Palm Beach estate, called Maison de L'Amitie, sat vacant for years until Rybolovlev resold the land in parcels. He sold one of the three parcels for $37 million and another for $34.34 million, the South Florida Business Journal reported in October, meaning he would need to sell the remaining parcel for about $24 million to surpass the purchase price.

Realestate is a primary vehicle for money laundering. In situations like this it warrents a look when you take into account the prices, the people involved (Russian), and Trump's own financial state at the time.

It might mean nothing at all. But you can't just totally disregard it.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

The Palm Beach estate, called Maison de L'Amitie, sat vacant for years until Rybolovlev resold the land in parcels. He sold one of the three parcels for $37 million and another for $34.34 million, the South Florida Business Journal reported in October, meaning he would need to sell the remaining parcel for about $24 million to surpass the purchase price.

Realestate is a primary vehicle for money laundering. In situations like this it warrents a look when you take into account the prices, the people involved (Russian), and Trump's own financial state at the time.

I forgot the mysterious Russian connection, let’s wait for the investigation to finish, of course that hurts the left wing nuts agenda.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

Yes, I can ---- watch me --- just disregarding the hell out of it.

Buy it for 40 (undervalued) - stick 25 in it - sell it for 95 (four years later in a real estate boom). It's a business deal - quit trying to make shit up.

I know you want it to be "something" - I know you ache for it to be "something" .... but all that is happening is the left are making fools of themselves. (Throw it at the wall and see what sticks)

Forum List

Back