one hell of a salesman found a sucker or he's laundering money

What makes it suspicious is the timing of the sale, 2008 when real estate prices had tanked from 2004 values. Still there needs to be more reason to explore the sale other than the Senator's desire to go on a fishing expedition looking for something.
The Russian paid $30 million over what the house was appraised at

Stinks of money laundering

What makes it suspicious is the timing of the sale, 2008 when real estate prices had tanked from 2004 values. Still there needs to be more reason to explore the sale other than the Senator's desire to go on a fishing expedition looking for something.

I guess it's true ...

Ignorance IS bliss.

Perhaps if he had to dump it for a loss. But after he bought it off of Trump, he made a profit.

A few years ago I had my house appraised by the bank when I applied for a loan. They appraised it at nearly half of what I bought it for 20 years earlier. Using that as an advantage, I filed for a major property tax reduction and eventually got it by the courts after my battle with the county.

Since that time I had all kinds of flippers contacting me to buy my properties. Many offering me much more than the court and appraisal said it was worth.

Appraisals are not as accurate as you might think.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

I pay you $30 million too much - after big sale you invest $25 million in my company, keep $5 million for own pocket - hide tax returns - nobody ever know ..

Siete, the Russian turned around and also made money on the land, you are not too bright on how real estate works are you, you and Ron need to learn before you spout nonsense.

No...not in this case.

From the article I quoted earlier:
The Palm Beach estate, called Maison de L'Amitie, sat vacant for years until Rybolovlev resold the land in parcels. He sold one of the three parcels for $37 million and another for $34.34 million, the South Florida Business Journal reported in October, meaning he would need to sell the remaining parcel for about $24 million to surpass the purchase price.

Realestate is a primary vehicle for money laundering. In situations like this it warrents a look when you take into account the prices, the people involved (Russian), and Trump's own financial state at the time.

It might mean nothing at all. But you can't just totally disregard it.

I forgot the mysterious Russian connection, let’s wait for the investigation to finish, of course that hurts the left wing nuts agenda.

Actually...that's all I've ever asked for in regards to this affair but the rightwing nuts seem hell bent on stopping it.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

I pay you $30 million too much - after big sale you invest $25 million in my company, keep $5 million for own pocket - hide tax returns - nobody ever know ..

Siete, the Russian turned around and also made money on the land, you are not too bright on how real estate works are you, you and Ron need to learn before you spout nonsense.

No...not in this case.

The Palm Beach estate, called Maison de L'Amitie, sat vacant for years until Rybolovlev resold the land in parcels. He sold one of the three parcels for $37 million and another for $34.34 million, the South Florida Business Journal reported in October, meaning he would need to sell the remaining parcel for about $24 million to surpass the purchase price.

Realestate is a primary vehicle for money laundering. In situations like this it warrents a look when you take into account the prices, the people involved (Russian), and Trump's own financial state at the time.

Of course you can. Ever watch the channel HGTV? They have shows all the time that have people do exactly what Trump did. This is a very common practice. Trump made billions off of his real estate deals, and that's including the ones he filed bankruptcy for.

If this was some sort of strange anomaly, I would agree it should be looked into. But why investigate something that goes on in this country every single day? Here are some shows you should DVR when you get a chance:

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

Perhaps if he had to dump it for a loss. But after he bought it off of Trump, he made a profit.

A few years ago I had my house appraised by the bank when I applied for a loan. They appraised it at nearly half of what I bought it for 20 years earlier. Using that as an advantage, I filed for a major property tax reduction and eventually got it by the courts after my battle with the county.

Since that time I had all kinds of flippers contacting me to buy my properties. Many offering me much more than the court and appraisal said it was worth.

That is a big difference though. Thus concerns over money laundering.

Maybe yes. Maybe no. We'll see.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

Of course you can. Ever watch the channel HGTV? They have shows all the time that have people do exactly what Trump did. This is a very common practice. Trump made billions off of his real estate deals, and that's including the ones he filed bankruptcy for.

If this was some sort of strange anomaly, I would agree it should be looked into. But why investigate something that goes on in this country every single day? Here are some shows you should DVR when you get a chance:

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

I actually get a kick out of that but come on Ray - even you have to admit this is out of that league and the amount over value paid is huge and has not been recouped.

It's all speculative of course but they are looking at money laundering anyway. I think the congress critters demand for it to be made public is politics - but I'm sure it's part of Mueller's file.

Really? Appraised by who? My house appraised at $240,000 by the state, Zillow has it appraised at $350,000, I was just offered $450,000 for it on Friday. So what is the value of my house? The house is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

I forgot the mysterious Russian connection, let’s wait for the investigation to finish, of course that hurts the left wing nuts agenda.

Actually...that's all I've ever asked for in regards to this affair but the rightwing nuts seem hell bent on stopping it.

You are getting what you want. It hasn’t stopped, quit being silly. The investigation started back in 2016 and it keeps going. If something is illegal and Trump colluded with Russia we will know, but to link all this other crap is all BS.

Funny you were quick to dismiss all the allegations against Obama.

I am personally sick of left and right partisans that hate America and take joy in our country suffering. Very sick group.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

I actually get a kick out of that but come on Ray - even you have to admit this is out of that league and the amount over value paid is huge and has not been recouped.

It's all speculative of course but they are looking at money laundering anyway. I think the congress critters demand for it to be made public is politics - but I'm sure it's part of Mueller's file.

I'm sure it is too. After all, it's a witch hunt anyway.

In spite of all the IRS audits wealthy people like Trump undergo, now ten years later, they want to investigate a real estate deal. Hmmmm.

This is looking under rocks hoping to find a gold coin, and this nonsense costs taxpayers money.

Again, HGTV created an entire channel of people doing what Trump did. It goes on all the time. You people on the left have a problem because Trump sold a property to a Russian, but no problem with Steele getting his information that they used for a surveillance warrant from Russian sources.

It's pure hypocrisy.

So where is this evidence of money laundering? I bet it's from the same place they have the evidence of Russian collusion.

Hey now, Trump is like the Second Coming. Turning water into Dom Perignon proved it!! :D

What's your point?

I bought a house in CA for $160K and sold it 5 years later for $540K.

Call your congressman .... or your kleenex salesman.
Trump's sale was in a down trending market, unlike your situation.....

And the Russian oligarch that bought the mansion, tore the mansion down....it's just a lot..... for $100 million....

So where is this evidence of money laundering? I bet it's from the same place they have the evidence of Russian collusion.

Read what I have actually SAID, not what you think I said.

Russian;

(best russian accent)

No...not in this case.

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

In spite of all the IRS audits wealthy people like Trump undergo, now ten years later, they want to investigate a real estate deal. Hmmmm.

This is looking under rocks hoping to find a gold coin, and this nonsense costs taxpayers money.

Again, HGTV created an entire channel of people doing what Trump did. It goes on all the time. You people on the left have a problem because Trump sold a property to a Russian, but no problem with Steele getting his information that they used for a surveillance warrant from Russian sources.

It's pure hypocrisy.

It is no more a witchhunt than Hillary Clinton's investigations.

No...not in this case.

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

It's pure hypocrisy.

There was evidence with Clinton--none with Trump. Apples and oranges.

Hillary should be in prison like any other person who did what she did. But their coupe made sure they covered each others back.

he overpaid in a down trending market.
the money laundering is for the Russian Oligarch, tryin to get his money out of Russia, which is difficult, with Sanctions in place..... the Oligarch way over paid, to give Trump and anyone else doing laundering for them their "cut".....

If this is the same case I read about a while back, the Oligarch supposedly was in a wicked divorce fight, and was trying to dump as much of his money that he could in to other countries....real estate is one way to do it when it can not be done through legal means due to the sanctions....

the "King of Fertilizer" Oligarch did not care what the house was worth or what he had to "PAY" for the money laundering help, even with him only getting basically 40 cents on the dollar/ruble for it because it was better,

than nothing at all, if his future ex-wife and her lawyers, got their way, they would have gotten all of it..... the Oligarch was trying to move his money and assets, out of her reach.... is my understanding of the whole situation.

No...not in this case.

Flip or Flop
Property Brothers
First Time Flippers

It's pure hypocrisy.

There was evidence with Clinton--none with Trump. Apples and oranges.

Hillary should be in prison like any other person who did what she did. But their coupe made sure they covered each others back.

You don't know there is none until the investigation is finished. Apples and apples.

The only difference is: R & D

There is no coupe :lol:

People need to get over Hillary.

Forum List

Back