🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

Satan has no power at all. It's you that has the power. Evil is the absence of good the way dark is the absence of light. When God leaves evil is what's left behind. That's your evil. God is quite courteous and doesn't hang around when He isn't wanted.

Very true in all accounts.

We have the power. That is why Satan will be bound during the Millinium. Because the people will no longer give Him power. He will be bound by our righteousness obtained through Christ.

I have asked the same question...over and over again . The plain simple truth is: it doesn’t matter one way or the other. How you live your life NOW is all that matters.

There are answers to the questions though. The Holy Spirit can reveal all truth.

Through what media? Will He send an e-mail? Phone call? Ancient story books?

I'm sorry Bro', but if that were true about truth being revealed to humanity by a Spirit who is Holy, history would be different.

The evidence says that the ancient stories are nothing more than what they appear to be and no more sacred than the words you're reading now.

Children dying of cancer might not make sense to you or I (from a human perspective in the field), but that doesn't necessarily mean that it does not make sense.

As a spiritual person, I realize that there are so many incredible layers to our existence (in this dimension and the next); to claim to understand it all is incredibly foolish.

This is one of the arguments that explain too much; it justifies anything. If we have limited knowledge, and a deity has wisdom superior to ours, then is there anything that can happen that we can call definitely evil? Could not God, for example, see a higher purpose in total destruction of life on earth down to the bacterium level? And would not this argument make the madman who achieved this result through weapons of mass destruction an agent of good?

So this argument is a moral abdication; a cop-out. It can be used by anyone to justify any action. It explains and tolerates too much. A spiritual person might be tempted to see God's will in all things, but a person who recognizes a moral imperative cannot. To be truly immoral and evil, it helps to first be spiritual.

Last edited:
I have asked the same question...over and over again . The plain simple truth is: it doesn’t matter one way or the other. How you live your life NOW is all that matters.

There are answers to the questions though. The Holy Spirit can reveal all truth.

I'm sorry Bro', but if that were true about truth being revealed to humanity by a Spirit who is Holy, history would be different.

The evidence says that the ancient stories are nothing more than what they appear to be and no more sacred than the words you're reading now.

Wrong. Not only is the basic premise incorrect, but the evidence doesn't say that at all. Which is why so many archaeologists, historians, and mathematicians are men and women of faith.

Very good point. Humankind needs to be more concerned about this world and not about an afterlife that no human can confirm even exists. It really has no bearing whether you believe in God or not to be a decent person.

Humanity's obsession with which religion is correct has been responsible for more suffering in this world than any other source.

As far as Monkeys know, there's only one chance per Monkey in the 'gift of life' line.

Wrong. Not only is the basic premise incorrect, but the evidence doesn't say that at all. Which is why so many archaeologists, historians, and mathematicians are men and women of faith.

The ancient stories aren't sacred because you say so. I say that the words you're reading now are just as sacred as any or all of the ancient stories, and I defy you to prove otherwise.

The Monkey who claims to know what happens at death is the Monkey deceived.

My humble opinion.

Very good point. Humankind needs to be more concerned about this world and not about an afterlife that no human can confirm even exists. It really has no bearing whether you believe in God or not to be a decent person.

Humanity's obsession with which religion is correct has been responsible for more suffering in this world than any other source.

I humbly disagree. The dual evils of Fascism/Communism is their various forms caused more death and suffering in the 20th century than lived for most of human existance. and they have nothing to do with which religion is correct.

Maybe I should have used the term Ideology. However, Atheism was also at the core of Fascism/Communism which denied individual religious beliefs. There are many who would argue the point, that amounts to a war against religion, and one could argue that Atheism is a form of religion as it is an ideology that seeks to define the beginning of creation through scientific means and the denial of God.
Christian Nazis killing those of Jewish faith during WW2 is also another form of the religious/ideological wars. It is a line easily blurred as religion has entrenched itself into political ideology within many nations throughout the globe, and the Islamic world does not separate religion from political ideology.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent
3) God doesn't give a shit

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

So which do you think is correct? 1, 2, 3?

None of the above. You answered the question yourself. None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occuring. You answered it! ( Are you sane? )

He doesn't!

Had you read your bible you'd know Satan is the one who causes sickness, murder, death, disease, not God! God is a healer! I am the LORD that healeth thee! - Exodus

Satan is the one who requested permission from God to touch Jobs body - Job had a hedge of protection around him. God allowed Satan to test his servant but not kill him. In the end Job was rewarded double fold for his trouble and affliction.

Your problem here is that you are blaming the wrong one. Blame Satan. He is the one who has come to steal ( your health ) Kill ( murder ) destroy ( chaos ) in your life. Understand? Read your bible.

- Jeremiah

So god has no power to prevent kids from dying from cancer? Or he doesn't care enough to prevent it?

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer might not make sense to you or I (from a human perspective in the field), but that doesn't necessarily mean that it does not make sense.

As a spiritual person, I realize that there are so many incredible layers to our existence (in this dimension and the next); to claim to understand it all is incredibly foolish.

Plus, also want to note that everything is relative. If everything in this world was perfect and happy, would we even realize it? How are you to understand what it means to feel good if you've never felt bad before? How are you to know joy without knowing suffering first?

Children dying of cancer makes complete sense..... To someone that realizes there is no good looking out for us. It's the disconnect that those who believe in god can't rationalize why innocent children are made to suffer.

The ancient stories aren't sacred because you say so. I say that the words you're reading now are just as sacred as any or all of the ancient stories, and I defy you to prove otherwise.

My humble opinion.

I didn't say they were sacred because I said so.

Try to track the convo.

I don't think RDD is intentionally limited the options to those three choices. i think he sincerely believes those are the only options. My guess is because he has not looked at the situation from the Eternal Perspective and instead is looking through things in Mortal eyes.

When you recognie that we are Immortal beings having a mortal experience and the Lord has paid the price to ensure we can overcome our sins and our physical deaths, you begin to see things as the Lord does.

"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." (D&C 121:7-8)

One of what I consider the most beautiful passages of scripture talks about the very subject of this thread:

"If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? (D&C 122:5-8)

If mortality was all there was, I think RDD might have a point. But thankfully our death is not the end of our lives, but the beginning of the next stage of our life. Every wrong we have experienced, can and will teach us if we let it. Every think we suffer can lift us to a higher point.

It is through our suffering that we often become humble. That we learn about ourselves.

If we go to the gym and lift weights, we will break up our muscles and rebuild them stronger. We will experience pain, but grow strength doing so. Our experiences in mortality can be a teacher and give us wisdom.

Or we can moan and complain about them getting absolutely nothing out of our suffering.

It's our choice.

At least you can acknowledge if there is no immortality that you can see my point. Now what proof do you have for our immortality?

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

I don't see why those are the only three options. How about, because God is letting us learn how to deal with things ourselves rather than fixing it for us? When I taught my kids how to ride a bike, there came a time when I just had to step back and watch.

So what lessons are to be learned by giving kids cancer or by letting a mother and infant die in a fire? What is god teaching us there?

If god is just going to step back and watch, why do people bother praying? He's just going to do what he wants anyway, right?

Your response seems to line up with my 3rd choice. God doesn't give a shit.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

I don't see why those are the only three options. How about, because God is letting us learn how to deal with things ourselves rather than fixing it for us? When I taught my kids how to ride a bike, there came a time when I just had to step back and watch.

So what lessons are to be learned by giving kids cancer or by letting a mother and infant die in a fire? What is god teaching us there?

If god is just going to step back and watch, why do people bother praying? He's just going to do what he wants anyway, right?

Your response seems to line up with my 3rd choice. God doesn't give a shit.

That also touches on the paradox created by believers. Those of faith claim to know the word of God, but when people question the why they state that we cannot define the why as we are below the understanding of God.

If we are below understanding Gods reasoning then there is no way we can claim to know his words.

Do you understand 100 percent of everything in the world? No?

But you can understand what you need to understand, and what has been given to you to understand.

So god has no power to prevent kids from dying from cancer? Or he doesn't care enough to prevent it?

What part of He's already taken upon Himself the pains and suffering of all men is difficult to understand? He's already enabled us to be healed and given us Immortality.

That also touches on the paradox created by believers. Those of faith claim to know the word of God, but when people question the why they state that we cannot define the why as we are below the understanding of God.

If we are below understanding Gods reasoning then there is no way we can claim to know his words.

Im not entire sure how that is consistant with the fact that we can learn all things from God. He will teach us all through the Holy Spirit. We learn line upon line and precept upon precept.

My humble opinion.

I didn't say they were sacred because I said so.

Try to track the convo.

O.k. - then why? Why do you feel like one or more of the ancient stories is the sacred 'Word of God'? What is your evidence for the Divine?

What part of He's already taken upon Himself the pains and suffering of all men is difficult to understand? He's already enabled us to be healed and given us Immortality.

So in plain English explain to me like I'm 5 years old why children are allowed to suffer and die.

Forum List

Back