🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

Do you understand 100 percent of everything in the world? No?

But you can understand what you need to understand, and what has been given to you to understand.

Of course not. I know very little in the grand scheme of things. But I do know that I don't justify tragedies in this world as "gods will" or attribute what I don't fully understand to an imaginary man in the sky. I have more respect for the world than that.

I have no respect for the world. The world is an inanimate object.

I do have respect for it's creator, and the humans that inhabit it.

That's what's wrong with you progressive weirdos. You think things like dirt and plants are deserving of your *respect*...but you despise your fellow human beings, and the concept that there could possibly be a being out there that knows more than you do.

Which of course makes you loathesome.

Last edited:
Satan is the one who requested permission from God to touch Jobs body - Job had a hedge of protection around him. God allowed Satan to test his servant but not kill him. In the end Job was rewarded double fold for his trouble and affliction.

Why would Satan have to ASK to do ANYTHING? See, this is what bugs me. And makes me feel guilty all at the same time for being unfaithful enough to even wonder about it.
Why would God let Job suffer so much? Just to prove a point? Did He not love Job and want to protect him? Would you let someone torture one of your pets just to prove your pet still loves YOU even though YOU allowed that person to torture it? But pets don't think like that, do they. Humans do. Or do they?

And why does Satan have so much power to cause all this evilness? Is not God the most Powerful? So why not rid us of Satan and just love us?

See? This is why I am so confused. So many whys. No answers.

Satan had to challenge God in front of the heavenly hosts to get God to allow satan to test Job.Satan lost the challenge. God had to show the rest of the heavenly hosts God was not showing favortism that is why he let the challenge take place. He did love Job and probably hated it but if God would have simply ignored satan with his challenge what would the heavenly hosts think ?

Because ever since the fall of adam he has been showing man who has the right to rule are we better off in Gods world or satans world. We have the choice and God is separating the sheep from the goats. God said the god of this world is satan and you see what kind of governments he has put in to place.

Satan has a little time according to Gods time frame to rule this world he is actually helping God with the separating the sheep and the goats and yes and everlasting destruction will come upon satan and those who follow him.

That's what's wrong with you progressive weirdos. You think things like dirt and plants are deserving of your *respect*...but you despise your fellow human beings, and the concept that there could possibly be a being out there that knows more than you do.

Inanimate? I don't think that's a very accurate description of our planet. Trees and plants grow just as you do, and without them we would cease to exist.

I suggest you learn to respect ALL forms of life and energy.

So you don't respect the very thing you live on? The world is very much a living, breathing entity that is a wonder when you look at the sum of the parts. The oceans, plants, atmosphere and even dirt are all vital to OUR survival. Of course they deserve our respect.

And you think I am the loathsome one because I respect the things that are tangible and actually give us life where you devout your life to something you've never seen and is the cause of more death of humans than should ever be remotely acceptable. And you call that respectful?

I call that laughable.

So you don't respect the very thing you live on? The world is very much a living, breathing entity that is a wonder when you look at the sum of the parts. The oceans, plants, atmosphere and even dirt are all vital to OUR survival. Of course they deserve our respect.

And you think I am the loathsome one because I respect the things that are tangible and actually give us life where you devout your life to something you've never seen and is the cause of more death of humans than should ever be remotely acceptable. And you call that respectful?

I call that laughable.

Actually my view is I love the planet and the creations of the Lord but I hate the unjust leaders and the evil in the world.

God expected man to live here forever on a planet that would be considered paradise. His plan has not changed he said there will be a new heavens and new earth. The earth is gonna be inherited by the meek and they will have an abundance of peace and security and everything we need.

There will be no more death and suffering. All evil will be removed from us.

I call that laughable.

Actually my view is I love the planet and the creations of the Lord but I hate the unjust leaders and the evil in the world.

God expected man to live here forever on a planet that would be considered paradise. His plan has not changed he said there will be a new heavens and new earth. The earth is gonna be inherited by the meek and they will have an abundance of peace and security and everything we need.

So the evil you hate in the world. Is that Evil part of Gods plan?

I call that laughable.

No the plan was for Adam and eve to obey the one commandment build a planet full humans that loved one another absent of the horrible things we see today.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Why does God allow young children to get cancer and die from cancer?

Is there any possibility that a God who DOES exist might "permit" it for reasons that have nothing to do with anything any of us are evolved enough to even begin to grasp?

Yep.

It might be, for example, that in the GRAND scheme of things, our entire lives amount to nothing more than an inconsequential flash in the pan. Perhaps our lives here in this realm amount to nothing more than a barely perceptible moment of our total existence?

Maybe God uses all these things as part of some test or sorting process; but that in the end, nobody is fundamentally hurt (even a child dying of cancer in this realm) because no part of our existence in this realm amounts to much of anything in the bigger picture.

Since the "choices" offered by the author of the silly OP don't include any of the many other possibilities, the claim that it has to be one of those three options is plainly false and rather ploddingly stupid.

No the plan was for Adam and eve to obey the one commandment build a planet full humans that loved one another absent of the horrible things we see today.

So God isn't all powerful then? That would go back to my 3rd option. God is incompetent.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Is there any possibility that a God who DOES exist might "permit" it for reasons that have nothing to do with anything any of us are evolved enough to even begin to grasp?

Yep.

It might be, for example, that in the GRAND scheme of things, our entire lives amount to nothing more than an inconsequential flash in the pan. Perhaps our lives here in this realm amount to nothing more than a barely perceptible moment of our total existence?

Maybe God uses all these things as part of some test or sorting process; but that in the end, nobody is fundamentally hurt (even a child dying of cancer in this realm) because no part of our existence in this realm amounts to much of anything in the bigger picture.

Since the "choices" offered by the author of the silly OP don't include any of the many other possibilities, the claim that it has to be one of those three options is plainly false and rather ploddingly stupid.

So if it's all a part of his Grand plan, why bother praying? He's going to do what he wants anyway including making children suffer. He's proven that he's capable of doing horrible things to innocent people so why bother praying?

So God isn't all powerful then? That would go back to my 3rd option. God is incompetent.

Nope you're forgetting one thing God gave the Angels and man freewill to choose right from wrong.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Yep.

So if it's all a part of his Grand plan, why bother praying? He's going to do what he wants anyway including making children suffer. He's proven that he's capable of doing horrible things to innocent people so why bother praying?

God does not punish the innocent. God warned Israel about not bringing harm to the innocent when they went to war.

Nope you're forgetting one thing God gave the Angels and man freewill to choose right from wrong.

He is also wrong in terms of time. "One day" may simply not yet be here. But since he dimly recognizes that things have not yet come to the point where humans behave in a way consistent with the ultimate goal, RDD just ignores that time element.

RDD ain't all that bright.

“Evil” is all a matter of perspective. We may think a Afghani Terrorist is “evil” because he blew up a tank full of US soldiers, but that Afghani might think we are evil for invading his country and killing 3 of his family members (or whatever).

Also (according to Christian belief) God gave humans free will and with that comes consequences (cause and effect). Perhaps with this free will we end up with things like children dying from cancer (because we feed them poisonous foods) or vast wealth disparities (because we choose to be greedy). Most of the horrible things you speak of are man-made, based on our own collective decisions.

Again, if we were all born into paradise, it’s likely we would not know true joy (because we’ve never known true pain). We would just be living a moderate, mediocre existence under God’s total control (which doesn’t sound like fun to me).

I’m not religious, just speaking what I feel at the moment…

Last edited:

So God gave man freewill but then he kills people when they don't do what he wants? Say, with a big flood that wipes out everyone but a man, his family and two of every animal. Why give people free will if he's just going to murder them when they don't behave how he wants.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Yep.

There can be a Grand Scheme in which a baby getting cancer does not (in the VERY long term matter; but that does not mean that the death of a child is ever "necessary." So, it remains possible that a simple petition to the Almighty (i.e., a prayer) may change the outcome. Or maybe not.

But nothing I said is inconsistent with either free will or with my argument which is that YOUR false set of choices are false.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Yep.

Does he/she make children suffer, or do we make children suffer (based on the gift of free will)?

I think it's mostly the latter.

Correct.

Yep.

God does not punish the innocent. God warned Israel about not bringing harm to the innocent when they went to war.

No? Then why do kids Die of cancer?

Oh, We're just not smart enough to understand that part of his plan. Right?

Tell me that's your lazy ass answer to a question that you know makes no sense when justifying the existence of an "all power, all loving" being that still will make children suffer.

“Evil” is all a matter of perspective. We may think a Afghani Terrorist is “evil” because he blew up a tank full of US soldiers, but that Afghani might think we are evil for invading his country and killing 3 of his family members (or whatever).

Also (according to Christian belief) God gave humans free will and with that comes consequences (cause and effect). Perhaps with this free will we end up with things like children dying from cancer (because we feed them poisonous foods) or vast wealth disparities (because we choose to be greedy). Most of the horrible things you speak of are man-made, based on our own collective decisions.

Again, if we were all born into paradise, it’s likely we would not know true joy (because we’ve never known true pain). We would just be living a moderate, mediocre existence under God’s total control (which doesn’t sound like fun to me).

I’m not religious, just speaking what I feel at the moment…

So if you subscribe to the "We were given free will" theory, then God doesn't really have any power over what happens to people. That's up to each of us to decide, correct?

Forum List

Back