🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Why does God allow young children to get cancer and die from cancer?

Is there any possibility that a God who DOES exist might "permit" it for reasons that have nothing to do with anything any of us are evolved enough to even begin to grasp?

Yep.

It might be, for example, that in the GRAND scheme of things, our entire lives amount to nothing more than an inconsequential flash in the pan. Perhaps our lives here in this realm amount to nothing more than a barely perceptible moment of our total existence?

Maybe God uses all these things as part of some test or sorting process; but that in the end, nobody is fundamentally hurt (even a child dying of cancer in this realm) because no part of our existence in this realm amounts to much of anything in the bigger picture.
Since the "choices" offered by the author of the silly OP don't include any of the many other possibilities, the claim that it has to be one of those three options is plainly false and rather ploddingly stupid.

That's a sad, sad thought, Bro'. A very sad thought indeed.

Correct.

Is there any possibility that a God who DOES exist might "permit" it for reasons that have nothing to do with anything any of us are evolved enough to even begin to grasp?

Yep.

It might be, for example, that in the GRAND scheme of things, our entire lives amount to nothing more than an inconsequential flash in the pan. Perhaps our lives here in this realm amount to nothing more than a barely perceptible moment of our total existence?

Maybe God uses all these things as part of some test or sorting process; but that in the end, nobody is fundamentally hurt (even a child dying of cancer in this realm) because no part of our existence in this realm amounts to much of anything in the bigger picture.

Since the "choices" offered by the author of the silly OP don't include any of the many other possibilities, the claim that it has to be one of those three options is plainly false and rather ploddingly stupid.

So if it's all a part of his Grand plan, why bother praying? He's going to do what he wants anyway including making children suffer. He's proven that he's capable of doing horrible things to innocent people so why bother praying?

There can be a Grand Scheme in which a baby getting cancer does not (in the VERY long term matter; but that does not mean that the death of a child is ever "necessary." So, it remains possible that a simple petition to the Almighty (i.e., a prayer) may change the outcome. Or maybe not.

But nothing I said is inconsistent with either free will or with my argument which is that YOUR false set of choices are false.

LOL, so God can change his plan for people, if they just pray hard enough? How the fuck do you reconcile the shit you spew?

Correct.

Yep.

So if it's all a part of his Grand plan, why bother praying? He's going to do what he wants anyway including making children suffer. He's proven that he's capable of doing horrible things to innocent people so why bother praying?

Does he/she make children suffer, or do we make children suffer (based on the gift of free will)?

I think it's mostly the latter.

So then God is powerless....or doesn't exist to begin with. I'll go with the latter.

So if you subscribe to the "We were given free will" theory, then God doesn't really have any power over what happens to people. That's up to each of us to decide, correct?

Not at all. My dog has free will; he’ll roam around the house, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, ect. But at the end of the day I’m in control of the overall “macro” picture of his life.

Does he/she make children suffer, or do we make children suffer (based on the gift of free will)?

So then God is powerless....or doesn't exist to begin with. I'll go with the latter.

As usual, your desired conclusion simply does not logically follow from the premises.

God may be more than powerful enough to interfere with our free will, for example, but simply committed to not doing so.

And of course, in that case, His lack of action leaves no trace of any proof that He exists, but that is not at all the same as using His inaction as "proof" that He does not exist.

Try to learn SOME logic. It could help you some day.

So if you subscribe to the "We were given free will" theory, then God doesn't really have any power over what happens to people. That's up to each of us to decide, correct?

Not at all. My dog has free will; he’ll roam around the house, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, ect. But at the end of the day I’m in control of the overall “macro” picture of his life.

So God can step in when needed?

Powerless? why? Because he lets us make mistakes without intervening?

Again, I view life as a journey of personal and collective growth and without free will we would have neither of those things.

I think you’re simplifying things too much, and relying a lot on your human perspective (vs an overall macro perspective of how things work in unison with one another).

Last edited:
At least you can acknowledge if there is no immortality that you can see my point. Now what proof do you have for our immortality?

The resurrection of the dead through Jesus Christ.

There's no proof of that.

The Holy Spirit testifies to it. That's all I need.

You need to expand your view here alittle. Consider your questions from an Eternal perspective. You will understand how your original premise is a false dilemna.

Perhaps, but who are we to decide when a situation "needs" God to step in?

So god has no power to prevent kids from dying from cancer? Or he doesn't care enough to prevent it?

What part of He's already taken upon Himself the pains and suffering of all men is difficult to understand? He's already enabled us to be healed and given us Immortality.

So in plain English explain to me like I'm 5 years old why children are allowed to suffer and die.

I don't know how I can be clearer than my Second post on this thread.

As usual, your desired conclusion simply does not logically follow from the premises.

God may be more than powerful enough to interfere with our free will, for example, but simply committed to not doing so.

And of course, in that case, His lack of action leaves no trace of any proof that He exists, but that is not at all the same as using His inaction as "proof" that He does not exist.

You are trying to justify something that you've never seen, yet you claim is all powerful, all loving and yet still can't/won't prevent kids from dying from cancer.....and you're telling ME to learn to use logic?? That's priceless.

Last edited:

God does not punish the innocent. God warned Israel about not bringing harm to the innocent when they went to war.

No? Then why do kids Die of cancer?

Oh, We're just not smart enough to understand that part of his plan. Right?

Tell me that's your lazy ass answer to a question that you know makes no sense when justifying the existence of an "all power, all loving" being that still will make children suffer.

Genetics and entropy.

He warned Adam and Eve what would happen for disobedience.

You are trying to justify something that you've never seen, yet you claim is all powerful, all loving and yet still can't/won't prevent kids from dying from cancer.....and you're telling ME to learn to use logic?? That's priceless.

Let's blame God for our choices.

Powerless? why? Because he lets us make mistakes without intervening?

Again, I view life as a journey of personal and collective growth and without free will we would have neither of those things.

I think you’re simplifying things too much, and relying a lot on your human perspective (vs an overall macro perspective of how things work in unison with one another).

Simplifying? I am trying to understand how terrible things can happen to innocent people every day and people still believe that a God is out there looking for us. It doesn't make any sense and don't give me that "we're not supposed to understand his plan" because that's the laziest possible answer that is the equivalent of raising a white flag. You might as well say, I don't know but I don't care...I'll just continue to believe anyway, despite the logic of the situation telling me otherwise.

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Yep.

That's a sad, sad thought, Bro'. A very sad thought indeed.

I wish people had the same view when it comes to Abortion not to get off topic.

The resurrection of the dead through Jesus Christ.

There's no proof of that.

The Holy Spirit testifies to it. That's all I need.

You need to expand your view here alittle. Consider your questions from an Eternal perspective. You will understand how your original premise is a false dilemna.

My original premise is spot on. Your "proof" can't be the very item in question.

That's like me saying, Bigfoot is real because Bigfoot told me so.

Perhaps, but who are we to decide when a situation "needs" God to step in?

An child suffering and dying is a pretty worthy situation. No?

Again… free will. We must learn from our mistakes.

If God swooped in every time a kid was sick and dying, or everytime a war was about to begin, or evertime you weren’t paying attention and was about to get struck by a truck… what would be the point of our existence? What lessons would we learn? What habbits would we be forced to recognize and change internally?

I don’t believe it’s God’s job to be our police officer; he's instead guiding us on our personal growth.

And again, it's all relative! We're living in a relative paradise compared to the folks in Medieval Europe, where 99% were poor and would die of disease or some other violent means by 40.

Yet we still complain... See where I'm getting at?

False Dilemna.

Correct.

Yep.

It's not a possibility. It's reality. Our mortal state is a probationary state where we can obtain a physical body and have experiece so that we can learn good from evil and learn to choose the good.

The Lord's plan of happiness comes with counsel on how we can make choices to become happy and uplift and edify the rest of the human race. He has given us the ability to overcome our sinful natures and overcome physical death through His Beloved Son.

Forum List

Back