🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

I see I've overwhelmed you. I'z sorry. If you guys would put your IQs on your avies I'll make allowances.

God created biology, science and man. He's truly amazing and worthy of our worship.

Perhaps. The way I see it, any being worthy of worship would not desire it.

People already make the choice to worship their favorite sports team, through shirts supporting their favorite player and willing to go in public with painted faces. Others worship money, based on the amount of time they put in investments or towards a particular company. The question is, where are you investing most of your time, who is getting the majority of your attention? Whatever holds the greatest value takes up the majority of your time. I know based on your faith you shared, you can understand this.

Yes, he could. But he didn't. He did it THIS way, and THIS way is better.

God-haters are essentially simple minded dolts who just can't wrap their minds around a deity...and because they can't grasp the concept, they reject it.

It's essentially just stupidity and closed mindedness. And it permeates everything in their lives.

As someone who is basically non-religious I really don't understand an Atheists hatred of the mention of God and their insistence that God be removed from every aspect of our lives. Atheism is also a belief system and while they insist that science explains everything, they can't explain why so many scientists are believers in God. Becoming a scientist does not automatically make one an Atheist, and at the same time many have spiritual views without organized religion. I for one am awed by the size and scope of the universe and cannot completely discount the notion of something far advanced beyond our awareness.

Religion or the belief in God is an attempt to explain the beginning of everything. Those that cling to the big bang theory, notice we still say theory not proof, I ask where or what did this singularity come from? At the same time I ask where or what did God come from?
We may never know, so what is wrong with faith in a particular belief system?

All humanity can do in its infancy is live life the best we can and accept that one cannot will another to a particular belief system.

SOOOooo... you concede that praying is nonsense?

Never made that statement, In fact many in the world in many differing religions pray and what is wrong wrong with that. Why are so many offended by others religious views? I don't pray, but I don't get all uptight about God appearing in our language or another persons belief in God.

I see I've overwhelmed you. I'z sorry. If you guys would put your IQs on your avies I'll make allowances.

God created biology, science and man. He's truly amazing and worthy of our worship.

The way I see it, if God truly desired worship the way some people think He does He wouldn't set it up to be so hard for people to see He existed.

People already make the choice to worship their favorite sports team, through shirts supporting their favorite player and willing to go in public with painted faces. Others worship money, based on the amount of time they put in investments or towards a particular company. The question is, where are you investing most of your time, who is getting the majority of your attention? Whatever holds the greatest value takes up the majority of your time. I know based on your faith you shared, you can understand this.

Certainly, I understand that. However, I was not talking about the desire to worship but the desire for worship. I suppose I am imposing my own standards upon a being I know nothing about, but my own standards are what I have to work with. I simply cannot connect the desire to be worshiped or praised with a being of perfect love. Desire itself is pure ego and bereft of love. When that desire is for domination (for that is what being worshiped is all about) over others, then there is no love to it. Which is why this concept of God elludes me, and I expect it will continue to do so until I die.

From the point of view of the worshiper, the act is matter of surrender. Like the phrase "let go, let God". This is a very human desire and we see it all through our social interactions with each other. To be truly responsible for one's actions is a huge burden. No one lives their life without regret. Stupid things they said to hurt others, actions done they would take back. To surrender that responsibility is very attractive.

Still, I see a difference between a being willing to accept that surrender as an act of love and a being insisting upon that surrender.

There are a whole host of unpleasant characteristics that go hand in hand with lack of humility, pride, and self absorption. I think that is probably the reason God wants us to praise him. We should celebrate and worship perfect goodness. Otherwise, what does that say about us?

The issue I have with this is that a being which wants us to praise it is showing a lack of humility, pride and self absorption. I simply do not understand this version of God.

He's God, not a man, and he is perfect. What has he to be humble about?

He became man in the person of Christ. Christ was humble, suffered and died, and that is God's concession to our humanity. He did that because he loves us, and to show us that it can be done.

I don't understand how people can't grasp that, but I've been saved a long, long time.

There are a whole host of unpleasant characteristics that go hand in hand with lack of humility, pride, and self absorption. I think that is probably the reason God wants us to praise him. We should celebrate and worship perfect goodness. Otherwise, what does that say about us?

The issue I have with this is that a being which wants us to praise it is showing a lack of humility, pride and self absorption. I simply do not understand this version of God.

He became man in the person of Christ. Christ was humble, suffered and died, and that is God's concession to our humanity. He did that because he loves us, and to show us that it can be done.

I don't understand how people can't grasp that, but I've been saved a long, long time.

I'm sorry. That just makes no sense at all to me. Humility has nothing to do with perfection or imperfection. Nor do I get this idea of being saved. I understand what it is you are saying, but I simply cannot understand why you believe it. I recall the first time this was explained to me when I was old enough to understand, and I was stunned. I am still stunned. But that is ok - for each of us believes what we see as correct and it is not necessary we each see the same thing. I personally believe that we see what we need to see, which I suppose is my own way of worshipping whatever it is that is behind it all.

All flesh perishes but "Christ" goes on forever. All who are in the invisible "Christ" will go on forever, too, but their flesh will perish like that of Jesus, Paul, Timothy, Peter, Moses, Isaiah, Abraham, etc.

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him.
17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

You shouldn't get the flesh mixed up with "Christ". Even Jesus knew his flesh was of no avail.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

The way I see it, if God truly desired worship the way some people think He does He wouldn't set it up to be so hard for people to see He existed.

You, I assume, are interpreting that based upon your OWN point of view and desire based upon the worldly view of "worship". The way man has grown to interpret and apply worship is through the actions they see within their own environment, such as the worship TO and the reactions perceived FROM famous rock stars (as one example). Worship is accepted in the worldly form as achievement or some sort of popularity attained, to which the recipient can often receive that in the form of personal ego.

The interpretive view of worship in the spiritual sense is different, one that God (of the Bible) views human acceptance of Him as a CHOICE, for each of us. There already is the understanding that some with reject the existence of God while others will accept. Worship to the faith believer is then reflected in "relationship" form, much in the way a child will reach out to his or her father with outstretched arms. It's not that God desires Himself to be difficult to find, rather it's people that aren't really interested in SEEKING Him out - that is part of the individual choice that He has allowed. The choice is our own to make, even if God desired such a relationship and knowledge of Him.... He will never force Himself upon anyone. Think of it like a dad who has given up his child for adoption. He may desire to later reconnect with his child, however it's that child's decision alone whether to accept him as his father or reject him. (If I may explain it in the closest "worldly" example you can comprehend). By rejecting that father's existence we have walked away from him, even though he may desire to have a relationship with his child. God wants each of us to have that same free choice to accept Him or reject Him.

Last edited:

All flesh perishes but "Christ" goes on forever. All who are in the invisible "Christ" will go on forever, too, but their flesh will perish like that of Jesus, Paul, Timothy, Peter, Moses, Isaiah, Abraham, etc.

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him.
17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

You shouldn't get the flesh mixed up with "Christ". Even Jesus knew his flesh was of no avail.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Perhaps, but it is ponderous stuff and difficult to follow. And I understand the scripture...however, Jesus was resurrected in body. The flesh and the spirit in the Christ are one.

Last edited:

Certainly, I understand that. However, I was not talking about the desire to worship but the desire for worship. I suppose I am imposing my own standards upon a being I know nothing about, but my own standards are what I have to work with. I simply cannot connect the desire to be worshiped or praised with a being of perfect love. Desire itself is pure ego and bereft of love. When that desire is for domination (for that is what being worshiped is all about) over others, then there is no love to it. Which is why this concept of God elludes me, and I expect it will continue to do so until I die.

From the point of view of the worshiper, the act is matter of surrender. Like the phrase "let go, let God". This is a very human desire and we see it all through our social interactions with each other. To be truly responsible for one's actions is a huge burden. No one lives their life without regret. Stupid things they said to hurt others, actions done they would take back. To surrender that responsibility is very attractive.

Still, I see a difference between a being willing to accept that surrender as an act of love and a being insisting upon that surrender.

Your standards and view of God is going to be based upon what you grew up knowing and seeing. The definition of worship is then going to be based upon what we see in the world, or what we grew up accepting. Some belief's through "religion" standards will see it as a form of WORKS to gain acceptance. Others will look to the relationship and base that upon their relationship with their own worldly father, and interpret God in the same manner whether that experience was good or bad. The Bible uses the examples, attitude, and relationship of Jesus to demonstrate the CHARACTER of God to those who are unfamiliar with who God is.
"If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." - John 14:7
Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." - John 5:19
This is where the Christian begins to see and understand the character of God, based upon Jesus and the actions He does. Are Christians the perfect representations of Jesus? No. There is so much worldly influence and behavior we have learned already as a child that we have to reprogram our behavior and how we are to NOW see things.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. - Romans 12:2
The only way to truly understand the character of God, is to study, build that personal relationship, and learn to be more like Jesus

Last edited:

You, I assume, are interpreting that based upon your OWN point of view and desire based upon the worldly view of "worship". The way man has grown to interpret and apply worship is through the actions they see within their own environment, such as the worship TO and the reactions perceived FROM famous rock stars (as one example). Worship is accepted in the worldly form as achievement or some sort of popularity attained, to which the recipient can often receive that in the form of personal ego.

The interpretive view of worship in the spiritual sense is different, one that God (of the Bible) views human acceptance of Him as a CHOICE, for each of us. There already is the understanding that some with reject the existence of God while others will accept. Worship to the faith believer is then reflected in "relationship" form, much in the way a child will reach out to his or her father with outstretched arms. It's not that God desires Himself to be difficult to find, rather it's people that aren't really interested in SEEKING Him out - that is part of the individual choice that He has allowed. The choice is our own to make, even if God desired such a relationship and knowledge of Him.... He will never force Himself upon anyone. Think of it like a dad who has given up his child for adoption. He may desire to later reconnect with his child, however it's that child's decision alone whether to accept him as his father or reject him. (If I may explain it in the closest "worldly" example you can comprehend). By rejecting that father's existence we have walked away from him, even though he may desire to have a relationship with his child. God wants each of us to have that same free choice to accept Him or reject Him.

You are wrong.

If God wanted worship from people He would still be wandering around as a pillar of fire. The fact that He doesn't proves that His primary purpose is not to have people worship Him.

You are wrong.

If God wanted worship from people He would still be wandering around as a pillar of fire. The fact that He doesn't proves that His primary purpose is not to have people worship Him.

That view could not be more inaccurate, as God only showed Himself as pillar of fire to the people Israel .... never the Gentiles or nonbelievers. I believe you need to take another look at that scripture you are attempting to reference. Your view of worship is also misinterpreted and incorrect, sorry.

You are wrong.

That view could not be more inaccurate, as God only showed Himself as pillar of fire to the people Israel .... never the Gentiles or nonbelievers. I believe you need to take another look at that scripture you are attempting to reference. Your view of worship is also misinterpreted and incorrect, sorry.

Are you really this stupid, or do you just play it on the Internets?

You are wrong.

Obviously, if you believe that God is just wandering around as a pillar of fire, it tells me you aren't well versed at all with respect to the Bible. Perhaps you needed to heed my advice, blow the dust off the bible, and show me in scripture where IM wrong.

Last edited:

Obviously, if you believe that God is just wandering around as a pillar of fire, it tells me you aren't well versed at all with respect to the Bible. Perhaps you needed to heed my advice, blow the dust off the bible, and show me in scripture where IM wrong.

The problem here is you are the one making assumptions. The neatest part is how you keep digging a hole even though I am not saying anything that would lead anyone to believe I believe what you think I believe.

The issue I have with this is that a being which wants us to praise it is showing a lack of humility
If a being is worthy of praise, would it not rejoice in seeing its creation correctly praising it? But anyway, I quoted this because it seems to contradict this next snippet:

Humility has nothing to do with perfection or imperfection.
Ok, so if humility has nothing to do with being imperfect, why would you suggest a creator is less than perfect if it lacks humility?

Nor do I get this idea of being saved. I understand what it is you are saying, but I simply cannot understand why you believe it.
Christians believe what we believe because the truth has been imparted to us. If one focuses solely on the words of Christ, one must come away with the notion that faith and salvation is the result of a rebirthing process where a person becomes someone that they weren't before. Sounds crazy I know, but perhaps it will help you understand why we Christians would go to the grave believing stuff that is complete nonsense to you. Trust me, it was nonsense to *us* before we transformed. But the transformation changed us irrevocably and we simply can't help but believe what we believe.

I personally believe that we see what we need to see, which I suppose is my own way of worshipping whatever it is that is behind it all.
Hmm. The bible supports your belief, with a slight difference. Christ taught us that (regarding spiritual truth) we see and hear what God wants us to see and hear.

The issue I have with this is that a being which wants us to praise it is showing a lack of humility
If a being is worthy of praise, would it not rejoice in seeing its creation correctly praising it? But anyway, I quoted this because it seems to contradict this next snippet:

Humility has nothing to do with perfection or imperfection.
Ok, so if humility has nothing to do with being imperfect, why would you suggest a creator is less than perfect if it lacks humility?

Nor do I get this idea of being saved. I understand what it is you are saying, but I simply cannot understand why you believe it.
Christians believe what we believe because the truth has been imparted to us. If one focuses solely on the words of Christ, one must come away with the notion that faith and salvation is the result of a rebirthing process where a person becomes someone that they weren't before. Sounds crazy I know, but perhaps it will help you understand why we Christians would go to the grave believing stuff that is complete nonsense to you. Trust me, it was nonsense to *us* before we transformed. But the transformation changed us irrevocably and we simply can't help but believe what we believe.

I personally believe that we see what we need to see, which I suppose is my own way of worshipping whatever it is that is behind it all.
Hmm. The bible supports your belief, with a slight difference. Christ taught us that (regarding spiritual truth) we see and hear what God wants us to see and hear.

I can never seem to figure out how to put my posts in the middle of the quotes, so bear with me...

When I said humility had nothing to do with perfection, what I meant was that humility - true humility - was not a factor of whether or not a being is perfect. It is the result of selflessness. Humility removes the focus from the self outward. A being which lacks humility, is focused upon itself, cannot claim perfection. So a perfect being, while deserving of praise, would not welcome it other than as expression of the feelings of the praisers. It would certainly not desire praise, for that would mean focus upon self. A being can be selfless and not be perfect, but a being cannot be perfect and not be selfless.

There are significant similarities between the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of Siddhartha (Christ and Buddha, if you prefer). In fact, it is the belief of many Buddhists that Jesus was Bodhisatva, someone who rejects Nirvanna in order to assist others on their path to enlightenment. I am one of those. I have no difficulty at all in understanding and appreciating those teachings.

Where I hit a wall is the deification of Christ and the concept of salvation. This is at the heart of Chrisitianity. No one is lost, thus no one needs to be saved. The idea that one can be seperated from God makes no sense to me at all. In a very real sense, we are God.

The problem here is you are the one making assumptions. The neatest part is how you keep digging a hole even though I am not saying anything that would lead anyone to believe I believe what you think I believe.

My assumptions... as you say ... was only found through your inability to provide any scriptural reference, to show where exactly my comment on the 'pillar of fire' was inaccurate. You made the initial comment reference, I merely explained the error of your statement. God only presented Himself as a pillar of fire when He was in the company of His people - Israel, who ALREADY had a belief in God. He was never found to have presented Himself, in like manner, to the Gentiles or the non believers. If I was indeed incorrect in stating this, I'm sure you would have already provided me with the "correct" Biblical scripture to include Book, Chapter, and Verse in your next post. However, you chose to reply in this fashion instead, and that just says all I really need to know.

My assumptions... as you say ... was only found through your inability to provide any scriptural reference, to show where exactly my comment on the 'pillar of fire' was inaccurate. You made the initial comment reference, I merely explained the error of your statement. God only presented Himself as a pillar of fire when He was in the company of His people - Israel, who ALREADY had a belief in God. He was never found to have presented Himself, in like manner, to the Gentiles or the non believers. If I was indeed incorrect in stating this, I'm sure you would have already provided me with the "correct" Biblical scripture to include Book, Chapter, and Verse in your next post. However, you chose to reply in this fashion instead, and that just says all I really need to know.

Try going back and reading the post that got you all upset, then feel free to apologize or ignore me because you are still crazy.

Try going back and reading the post that got you all upset, then feel free to apologize or ignore me because you are still crazy.

I was not at all upset as you would like to perceive, as I have seen far worse responses towards any worldly interpretations of God. I did find your comment stereotypical and inaccurate towards that overall representation of God, to which I made attempts to clarify how exactly that view is incorrect. There is nothing that I have spoken to which I find that there is a need to apologize for. Those who may look at Christianity from a viewpoint of mere "religion", chances are they will find anything that speaks to the contrary as "crazy". It speaks about something they have a hard time with associating, can't seem to possibly understand or even fathom. That kind of response is certainly to be expected, and too often what I find. I share a different interpretation of God, one that I tried to SIMPLIFY in "worldly" terms and common everyday representations. It's almost impossible to explain spiritual matters on already prejudged worldly points of view, it's very similar to describing color to an individual born blind. If you want to view God differently, that's totally your choice to do so, I have already made an attempt to share my personal experiences in ways that can be very relatable to most people. If approaching a discussion in relatable terms makes me appear crazy, look at it from the view point of someone without the ability to see.

Forum List

Back