🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One Of The Two Political Parties in the USA Lies The Most

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, Sep. 17, 1796

Wow.

Which leads nicely into my little weekly rant:

1. Balanced Budget Amendment.
  2. Strict, short term limits.
  3. Publicly-funded elections.
Remove the power from those who abuse it most.

:rock:

One Of The Two Political Parties in the USA Lies The Most

....And....

....isn't doing a whole-lot-better.

hey Sheman.....do you ever say what you think?....or does someone always have to do your thinking for you?
You mean....as-opposed-to "conservatives"....who insist everything that comes outta-their-mouth is sacred.....and, figure they don't HAVE to provide any facts to support their argument????

Yeah.....I (really) can't blame them....seeing-as-how their sources are (typically) FAUX Noise and/or Porky Limbaugh.

Which one is it...and why?

Remember....cite examples

The Democratic party never lies. To be a lie, you have to know what you are saying is not true. The Democratic party believes that the collective = truth. So saying whatever crap they make up to justify the collective fails the basic premise of a lie, recognizing that what you say it not true. So I'm going to have to go with you on this one. You're delusional and self serving, but you're not telling a lie.

As for an example, this thread. If someone has a different ideology than you, they must be lying because in your mind everyone knows the collective is truth.

Remember....cite examples.

I'll start if off...

In the current gun-debate, one political party is telling the people that background checks are unconstitutional, when we already have background checks and that debate has already been settled.

One party is CONSISTENTLY making crap up. In just about every debate and/or issue.

Why? I don't know. Common sense dictates it MUST be in an attempt to avoid being primaried.

Anyway...which political party have you observed that is currently telling the most lies?

this is a joke, right ? it don't take a genius to figure that out or see that the party of liars is undeniably the "LIARBERAL DEMONCRATS"

hell....., they can not seem to figure out if they are democRATS or democratics :up:

Oscumbag: "you didn't build that" !! "i have always been a christian" !!

want more ??

here ya go !!

.Obama- “For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs.”
Truth-O-Meter rating: False

Obama- “Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody.”
(PolitiFact- Wrong in 2009, and wrong today)

Obama- “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.”

Obama- “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.”
(PolitiFact- “In the Works” does not equal “done”)

Obama Admin.- Under President Barack Obama, the United States has “doubled our exports.”

Obama Admin.- The president’s proposed budget “will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president.”
(PolitiFact-A mangled reference to a prior talking point)

Obama- Under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade.
(PolitiFact-Revenue would equal outlays, but he ignores growing interest on the debt)

Obama- Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected “the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional.”
(PolitiFact-Score two to two on judges’ decisions on constitionality)

Obama- “I didn’t raise taxes once.”
(PolitiFact-We’ve tracked a few increases)

Obama- When President Franklin D. Roosevelt started Social Security, “it only affected widows and orphans,” and when Medicare began, “it was a small program.”
(PolitiFact-A grain of truth in the big picture, far off on the details)

Obama- The Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.”

Obama- “The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.”
(PolitiFact-Big donors bankrolled much of Obama’s campaign)

Obama- “We’ve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs.”
(PolitiFact-We found at least four)

Obama- When Obama was interviewed by American reporters in Asia, “Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy.”
(PolitiFact-More than one did)

Obama- Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, “and he died because of it.”
(Insurer’s decision was reversed and man lived three more years)

Obama- Health reform will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.

Obama- Preventive care “saves money.”
(PolitiFact-Covering preventive care for everyone is a net cost)

Obama- (No earmarks in spending bill)

That was only from page one of Obama’s false statement PolitiFact files.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
that would be the "Republican" party. Even their name is a ridiculous lie.

"The antirepublican party, as it may be called, being the weaker in point of numbers, will be induced by the most obvious motives to strengthen themselves with the men of influence, particularly of moneyed, which is the most active and insinuating influence. It will be equally their true policy to weaken their opponents by reviving exploded parties and taking advantage of all prejudices, local, political, and occupational, that may prevent or disturb a general coalition of sentiments."

--James Madison; from 'A Candid State of Parties' (Sept 22, 1792)

The only one lying is you. There was no Republican party in Madison's time.

That was what the Jeffersonians called themselves. Occasionally "Democratic-Republican" but typically just Republican.

Remember....cite examples.

I'll start if off...

In the current gun-debate, one political party is telling the people that background checks are unconstitutional, when we already have background checks and that debate has already been settled.

One party is CONSISTENTLY making crap up. In just about every debate and/or issue.

Why? I don't know. Common sense dictates it MUST be in an attempt to avoid being primaried.

Anyway...which political party have you observed that is currently telling the most lies?

this is a joke, right ? it don't take a genius to figure that out or see that the party of liars is undeniably the "LIARBERAL DEMONCRATS"

hell....., they can not seem to figure out if they are democRATS or democratics :up:

Oscumbag: "you didn't build that" !! "i have always been a christian" !!

want more ??

here ya go !!

.Obama- “For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs.”

Obama- “Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody.”
(PolitiFact- Wrong in 2009, and wrong today)

Obama- “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.”

Obama- “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.”
(PolitiFact- “In the Works” does not equal “done”)

Obama Admin.- Under President Barack Obama, the United States has “doubled our exports.”

Obama Admin.- The president’s proposed budget “will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president.”
(PolitiFact-A mangled reference to a prior talking point)

Obama- Under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade.
(PolitiFact-Revenue would equal outlays, but he ignores growing interest on the debt)

Obama- Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected “the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional.”
(PolitiFact-Score two to two on judges’ decisions on constitionality)

Obama- “I didn’t raise taxes once.”
(PolitiFact-We’ve tracked a few increases)

Obama- When President Franklin D. Roosevelt started Social Security, “it only affected widows and orphans,” and when Medicare began, “it was a small program.”
(PolitiFact-A grain of truth in the big picture, far off on the details)

Obama- The Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.”

Obama- “The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.”
(PolitiFact-Big donors bankrolled much of Obama’s campaign)

Obama- “We’ve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs.”
(PolitiFact-We found at least four)

Obama- When Obama was interviewed by American reporters in Asia, “Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy.”
(PolitiFact-More than one did)

Obama- Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, “and he died because of it.”
(Insurer’s decision was reversed and man lived three more years)

Obama- Health reform will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.

Obama- Preventive care “saves money.”
(PolitiFact-Covering preventive care for everyone is a net cost)

Obama- (No earmarks in spending bill)

That was only from page one of Obama’s false statement PolitiFact files.

Was that after Ronald Reagan walked on water that was written?

Part of the decay of our culture is our increasing willingness to forgive our leaders when they lie to us. When I see a conversation between a lefty and a righty in which they're essentially saying "yeah, my guy lies, but your guy is even worse", I see the decay manifest itself.
Don't forget that (recently-created, by "conservatives") talking-point....whenever one o' their guys gets busted for something:

"Well....everybody does it."

Hell....even the MSM is using it....trying to sound impartial.

handjob.gif

....And....

....isn't doing a whole-lot-better.

hey Sheman.....do you ever say what you think?....or does someone always have to do your thinking for you?
You mean....as-opposed-to "conservatives"....who insist everything that comes outta-their-mouth is sacred.....and, figure they don't HAVE to provide any facts to support their argument????

Yeah.....I (really) can't blame them....seeing-as-how their sources are (typically) FAUX Noise and/or Porky Limbaugh.

so the answer is no?....

that would be the "Republican" party. Even their name is a ridiculous lie.

"The antirepublican party, as it may be called, being the weaker in point of numbers, will be induced by the most obvious motives to strengthen themselves with the men of influence, particularly of moneyed, which is the most active and insinuating influence. It will be equally their true policy to weaken their opponents by reviving exploded parties and taking advantage of all prejudices, local, political, and occupational, that may prevent or disturb a general coalition of sentiments."

--James Madison; from 'A Candid State of Parties' (Sept 22, 1792)

The only one lying is you. There was no Republican party in Madison's time.

That was what the Jeffersonians called themselves. Occasionally "Democratic-Republican" but typically just Republican.

Nothing to do with today's GOP.
Thanks for admitting you lied.

Forum List

Back