Only Black Senator Not Invited to March on Washington

lol says the folks who would hand a junior senator "with no real action under his belt" the presidency.

lmao, that is really really rich.

The American people did that

lol yes they did, and while being so inexperienced isn't good enough to be invited to attend the MLK anniversary it's enough for the presidency to that same element. lol too much

Why didn't Senator Scott attend the ceremony?

Tens of thousands other blacks did.

Last edited:
Well the American people didnt just vote for Obama out of the blue. The Democrats promoted him, first letting him give the keynote speech in 2004 at their convention. Then they nominated him, pushing Hillary aside. I wonder if anyone ever asked "you know, this guy has no experience, no resume, and his only claim is that he can be "the first black president". Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here"?

We can always count on The Won to keep it classy!

The American people did that

lol yes they did, and while being so inexperienced isn't good enough to be invited to attend the MLK anniversary it's enough for the presidency to that same element. lol too much

A hundred thousand other blacks did.

Diversion.

Answer the real question...why was he only black senator, not invited to speak? Did the organizers not feel it a good idea to have a man who made it to the senate speak about his success and how he achieved it?

Or was the word of the day strictly..."we are victims. We can not get ahead in a white world until the white world offers us opportunity."

A hundred thousand other blacks did.

Diversion.

Answer the real question...why was he only black senator, not invited to speak? Did the organizers not feel it a good idea to have a man who made it to the senate speak about his success and how he achieved it?

Or was the word of the day strictly..."we are victims. We can not get ahead in a white world until the white world offers us opportunity."

Boehner, Cantor declined invitation to speak at MLK event - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

What’s really telling, I think, is the podium behind me — just count at the end of the day how many Republicans will be there,” Bond said on MSNBC. “They asked a long list of Republicans to come, and to a man and woman they said ‘no.’ And that they would turn their backs on this event was telling of them, and the fact that they seem to want to get black votes, they’re not gonna get 'em this way.”

Last edited:
"would hand" You've gotta love it! :lol:

hand, elect, whatever word you wish to deflect to.

So...you perceive "hand" and "elect" to be the same thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't perceive fuck all, I leave that to you folks. Admittedly I could have chosen a better word I suppose, but I didn't' mean it the way you took it.

Doesn't matter to me though, infer and deflect all you like, my comment stands, regardless.

Lets stop the Bullshit and cut to the chase...

Republicans boycotted the event because Obama was the keynote speaker. This fake outrage over Sen Scott not being asked to speak is just another smoke screen to cover up the fact that Republicans are afraid that TeaTards will use it against them...Bad photo-ops

Republicans Decline To Speak At March On Washington Commemoration | News One

Not a single Republican elected official — not one — participated in the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, despite invitations from event organizers, reports the Washington Post.

Republicans came up with a laundry list of excuses, from ill health to scheduling conflicts, to justify their absence, but former Republican Chair Michael Steele said that the conservative response is a typical — and damaging — one:

“It’s part of a continuing narrative that the party finds itself in with these big deals for minority communities around the country and how they perceive our response to them,” he said.

We had a very concerted effort, because this is not a political moment. This was about us coming together as a community, so we wanted to be sure that we had all political representations,” Daughtry said. “We attempted very vigorously to have someone from the GOP participate and unfortunately they were unable to find someone who was able to participate.”

Though the GOP couldn’t find time to attend the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, the Republican National Committee did manage to organize a separate event at the Capitol Hill Club. Former U.S. Rep. Allen West and T.W. Shannon, speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives, were in attendance, as were other high ranking conservative officials.

Last edited:

I'm Tim Scott, appointed Senator...I want to impeach Obama, proposed a bill to cut off food stamps for entire families if one member went on strike, would spend any amount of money to display the Ten Commandments outside state buildings, lubs giving billions of corporate welfare to Big Oil, support slashing all of my state’s HIV/AIDS funding, proud of my ZERO rating on the Human Rights Campaign scorecard, hates me that Obamacare, and I stand firmly with the Tea Party

I can't for the life of me think why I wasn't invited to speak at the celebration yesterday.

Rabid anti-discriminaton and a rabid embrace of transparent markets should be the keynote of any conservative movement, but instead we see the opposite.

When the party is pushing moves to get fewer poor and non-whites to vote, I'm not surprised they didn't show up.

Well the American people didnt just vote for Obama out of the blue. The Democrats promoted him, first letting him give the keynote speech in 2004 at their convention. Then they nominated him, pushing Hillary aside. I wonder if anyone ever asked "you know, this guy has no experience, no resume, and his only claim is that he can be "the first black president". Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here"?

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Republicans elected a one term Governor George Bush who did not even complete his military duty ...

I'm Tim Scott, appointed Senator...I want to impeach Obama, proposed a bill to cut off food stamps for entire families if one member went on strike, would spend any amount of money to display the Ten Commandments outside state buildings, lubs giving billions of corporate welfare to Big Oil, support slashing all of my state’s HIV/AIDS funding, proud of my ZERO rating on the Human Rights Campaign scorecard, hates me that Obamacare, and I stand firmly with the Tea Party

I can't for the life of me think why I wasn't invited to speak at the celebration yesterday.

but, he is BLACK!

therefore he is entitled to an invitation to speak!

but, he is BLACK!

you can spin it all you want.....

But the bottom line is this...

He is a successful black man who is the only black senator....and if the organizers truly wanted a rounded presentation of the woes as well as the successes of black men in America, he would have been the ideal candidate to present the successes.

Instead, they preferred to present those that achieved success by capitalizing on the race issue.

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Republicans elected a one term Governor George Bush who did not even complete his military duty ...

A governor leads.

but, he is BLACK!

He is a successful black man who is the only black senator....and if the organizers truly wanted a rounded presentation of the woes as well as the successes of black men in America, he would have been the ideal candidate to present the successes.

Instead, they preferred to present those that achieved success by capitalizing on the race issue.

If that is the case, why did EVERY Republican who was invited to speak decline the invitation?

but, he is BLACK!

If that is the case, why did EVERY Republican who was invited to speak decline the invitation?

Because they were only invited days before the event. THis has been in the planning for months.

but, he is BLACK!

The same reason you would decline an invitation to a wedding that you received 3 days before the event....knowing that everyone else received them 6 weeks earlier.
They knew they were invited because of the criticism the organizers feared they would get.

Because they were only invited days before the event. THis has been in the planning for months.

Bull Shit

Forum List

Back