Only Black Senator Not Invited to March on Washington

but, he is BLACK!

therefore he is entitled to an invitation to speak!

you can spin it all you want.....

But the bottom line is this...

He is a successful black man who is the only black senator....and if the organizers truly wanted a rounded presentation of the woes as well as the successes of black men in America, he would have been the ideal candidate to present the successes.

Instead, they preferred to present those that achieved success by capitalizing on the race issue.

If that is the case, why did EVERY Republican who was invited to speak decline the invitation?

why did they feel it not a good idea to invite a black man who has lived the life of a black man yet for some reason achieved success following his ideals of conservatism?

Didn't they want the black community to see all possibilities?

If that is the case, why did EVERY Republican who was invited to speak decline the invitation?

Because they were only invited days before the event. THis has been in the planning for months.

Bull Shit

if that is your response, then your lack of knowledge of the issue at hand deems you not worthy of offering information into the debate.

In other words...you don't know the facts...you just want the left to be the winners.

Not inviting Scott wasn't in the spirit of Martin Luther King. I'm sure if MLK were alive today, he would have made sure Scott was invited.
I don't agree with a lot that Scott stands for regarding major issues but I have one word to describe not inviting Scott,,,,,,,,,,,BOOOOO!

He is a successful black man who is the only black senator....and if the organizers truly wanted a rounded presentation of the woes as well as the successes of black men in America, he would have been the ideal candidate to present the successes.

Instead, they preferred to present those that achieved success by capitalizing on the race issue.

Because they were only invited days before the event. THis has been in the planning for months.

Bull shit.

ZdV256L.png

Not inviting Scott wasn't in the spirit of Martin Luther King. I'm sure if MLK were alive today, he would have made sure Scott was invited.
I don't agree with a lot that Scott stands for regarding major issues but I have one word to describe not inviting Scott,,,,,,,,,,,BOOOOO!

Top Republicans were avoiding the event like the plague. They did not want to sit through speech after speech criticizing the GOP efforts to suppress voter rights. Nor did they want to attend an event with Obama as the key speaker

If they wanted to, they could have declined the invitation and offered Sen Scott as an alternative speaker to represent the party

They didn't do that. Sen Scott did not even attend the Republican sponsored slaute to Dr King

Top Republicans were avoiding the event like the plague. They did not want to sit through speech after speech criticizing the GOP efforts to suppress voter rights. Nor did they want to attend an event with Obama as the key speaker

If they wanted to, they could have declined the invitation and offered Sen Scott as an alternative speaker to represent the party

They didn't do that. Sen Scott did not even attend the Republican sponsored slaute to Dr King
Well that's telling.

If we acknowledge that the eternally butthurt Republicans are butthurt again, and that their pwecious feewings should always be catered to, and that they really are the biggest victims to ever exist on planet earth ... will they stop trying to prove it?

Just a proposal I'm tossing out. Would that be acceptable to Republicans?

Well that's telling.

maybe he was not invited :dunno:

The same reason you would decline an invitation to a wedding that you received 3 days before the event....knowing that everyone else received them 6 weeks earlier.
They knew they were invited because of the criticism the organizers feared they would get.

Republicans absent from March on Washington - The Washington Post

The Rev. Leah D. Daughtry of the House of the Lord Church in the District, who served as executive producer of the commemoration, said the organizing committee began sending invitations to top leaders of both parties “on a rolling basis probably four or five weeks ago.”“
We attempted very vigorously to have someone from the GOP participate and unfortunately they were unable to find someone who was able to participate.”

The same reason you would decline an invitation to a wedding that you received 3 days before the event....knowing that everyone else received them 6 weeks earlier.
They knew they were invited because of the criticism the organizers feared they would get.

The Rev. Leah D. Daughtry of the House of the Lord Church in the District, who served as executive producer of the commemoration, said the organizing committee began sending invitations to top leaders of both parties “on a rolling basis probably four or five weeks ago.”“
We attempted very vigorously to have someone from the GOP participate and unfortunately they were unable to find someone who was able to participate.”

Lair!

rdean, you are as bright as George Zimmerman with that remark.

Here is a civil rights march open to everyone and right wingers are crying that a black guy should have been invited. So I ask, "by who?" The event is open to everyone who wants to go. "Let's put on a march" is different than "Do you want to come to MY march"? But I guess some are not able to grasp the concept of "open to everyone because everyone is equal". After all, it is about civil rights.

rdean, you are as bright as George Zimmerman with that remark.

Here is a civil rights march open to everyone and right wingers are crying that a black guy should have been invited. So I ask, "by who?" The event is open to everyone who wants to go. "Let's put on a march" is different than "Do you want to come to MY march"? But I guess some are not able to grasp the concept of "open to everyone because everyone is equal". After all, it is about civil rights.

Republicans attending would end up getting their picture taken with Obama. No way do they want that picture when they run for reelection

They would also have to sit politely, with TV cameras filming their reaction, as speaker after speaker trashed GOP efforts to restrain voting rights

No Republican in their right mind would agree to that

Sorry Republicans, But Sen. Tim Scott Was Invited To the March On Washington

The latest in Republican false meme creation began when ABC “Benghazi emails” News reported, “The only African American serving in the Senate, Republican Tim Scott, wasn’t invited to partake in the festivities today, a spokesman confirmed to ABC News.” This statement was also reported by the Newscorp owned Wall Street Journal, which was then quoted by The Washington Post.

But according to the event organizers, this isn’t true. Roll Call broke with the mainstream media tradition of taking a Republican’s word for it by actually asking the organizers of the event if Republicans were invited. In an email statement, a spokesperson for the event said, “This was truly a bipartisan outreach effort…All members of congress were invited to attend and the Republican leadership was invited to speak. Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office was very helpful in trying to find someone to speak at the event. Making this commemoration bi-partisan was especially important to members of the King family, too.”

Hmmmmmmmm.

The latest in Republican false meme creation began when ABC “Benghazi emails” News reported, “The only African American serving in the Senate, Republican Tim Scott, wasn’t invited to partake in the festivities today, a spokesman confirmed to ABC News.” This statement was also reported by the Newscorp owned Wall Street Journal, which was then quoted by The Washington Post.

But according to the event organizers, this isn’t true. Roll Call broke with the mainstream media tradition of taking a Republican’s word for it by actually asking the organizers of the event if Republicans were invited. In an email statement, a spokesperson for the event said, “This was truly a bipartisan outreach effort…All members of congress were invited to attend and the Republican leadership was invited to speak. Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office was very helpful in trying to find someone to speak at the event. Making this commemoration bi-partisan was especially important to members of the King family, too.”

So....Tim Scott...being a Republican leader was invited to speak, right?

Altho what you said was a lie....I expect to see it pop up again and again as a Republican "truism". :D

This whole thing is just stupid.

It's like Michael Moore complaining about not being invited to a CPAC conference.

So....Tim Scott...being a Republican leader was invited to speak, right?
Looks like all of Congress was invited. That includes Tim Scott.

But FOXNEWS didn't invite Tim Scott on, either.

And you know that Mitch, Boehner, Lyin' Ryan, Ayn Rand Paul, Marco (Polo!), and Rafael Cruz are not gonna sit there listening to speech after speech railing against the restrictions to the Constitutional right to vote.

They ain't got the stones to defend their actions.

Forum List

Back