Op-Ed By Vladimir Putin for the American People

We're not talking the last two years, and the prospect of attacking anyone right now, let alone Syria, is overwhelmingly unpopular with anyone who isn't a blind sycophant of the Boiking or a rabid neocon asswipe like Juan McQuisling....Both of which are tiny minorities of the American populace.

Sure we are. Conservatives wanted Obama to take military action when he wasn't prepared to do it, and they wouldn't support him when he was prepared to do it.

Just like Libya.

Obama struck Libya without any congressional support. So how were the pushing him to do anything? Frankly, I think he's pushing himself after running off at the mouth last year.

Oh, but we'd better leave poor Barry alone, he's taken enough hits to his credibility already.

Here's what >I< remember about Libya. Conservatives (like Newt Gingrich) widely criticized Obama for not getting involved in Libyan's uprising because America was the leader of the free world, and Obama was abdicating that leadership role. Then, when Obama used American forces as support for a NATO effort, Gingrich did a 180 degree turnaround and criticized Obama for putting American troops in harms way. Know how much time had to pass in order for Gingrich to have that 108 degree switch in position? Less than one month. Sixteen days to be specific.

So, please don't try to feed anyone any nonsense about conservatives having core values since Syria is the same thing as Libya in that regard.

Newt Gingrich Completely Changes Position on Libya in 16 Days

Sure we are. Conservatives wanted Obama to take military action when he wasn't prepared to do it, and they wouldn't support him when he was prepared to do it.

Just like Libya.

Obama struck Libya without any congressional support. So how were the pushing him to do anything? Frankly, I think he's pushing himself after running off at the mouth last year.

Oh, but we'd better leave poor Barry alone, he's taken enough hits to his credibility already.

Here's what >I< remember about Libya. Conservatives (like Newt Gingrich) widely criticized Obama for not getting involved in Libyan's uprising because America was the leader of the free world, and Obama was abdicating that leadership role. Then, when Obama used American forces as support for a NATO effort, Gingrich did a 180 degree turnaround and criticized Obama for putting American troops in harms way. Know how much time had to pass in order for Gingrich to have that 108 degree switch in position? Less than one month. Sixteen days to be specific.

So, please don't try to feed anyone any nonsense about conservatives having core values since Syria is the same thing as Libya in that regard.

Gingrich is another neocon....He's not a conservative by any stretch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi314LJ6uwM]Newt Gingrich Admits He's a Progressive in the Theodore Roosevelt Tradition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76lD4zV1bo]Newt Gingrich: I'm a Wilsonian - YouTube[/ame]

They didn't get much support from their own damned party, fool.

And they were either bluffing or committed a massive gaffe that painted them into a corner when Putin came onto the scene....Ether way, they look like the completely over-their-heads bunglers that they are.

Had the Democratic Party been pushing Obama to take military action in Syria for the last two years like the Republican Party had?

At last time I checked, they still are pushing for military intervention. They want it to happen NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! Bunch of children you are.

At least Bush had a plan in place.
As much as Bushs' plan sucked...and Obama prematurely pulled out and negated agreements...Now Iraq is a hellhole ruled by AQ.

They didn't get much support from their own damned party, fool.

And they were either bluffing or committed a massive gaffe that painted them into a corner when Putin came onto the scene....Ether way, they look like the completely over-their-heads bunglers that they are.

Had the Democratic Party been pushing Obama to take military action in Syria for the last two years like the Republican Party had?

At last time I checked, they still are pushing for military intervention. They want it to happen NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! Bunch of children you are.

At least Bush had a plan in place.

Who is they?

Bush had a plan?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi314LJ6uwM"]Newt Gingrich Admits He's a Progressive in the Theodore Roosevelt Tradition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76lD4zV1bo"]Newt Gingrich: I'm a Wilsonian - YouTube[/ame]

Gingrich is no more a neocon than he is a progressive...or anything else, for that matter. Gingrich is a man who has no allegiance to any philosophy other than attaining power and assailing the opposition Democrats who are in power. But Gingrich IS a republican, and he IS a former republican speaker of the House AND a former Republican candidate for president.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi314LJ6uwM"]Newt Gingrich Admits He's a Progressive in the Theodore Roosevelt Tradition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76lD4zV1bo"]Newt Gingrich: I'm a Wilsonian - YouTube[/ame]

Gingrich is no more a neocon than he is a progressive...or anything else, for that matter. Gingrich is a man who has no allegiance to any philosophy other than attaining power and assailing the opposition Democrats who are in power. But Gingrich IS a republican, and he IS a former republican speaker of the House AND a former Republican candidate for president.
Right.

Am I going to believe you or my own lying eyes and ears?

And being a republican doesn't automatically by extension make you a conservative.

Get a grip, dude.

Right.

And being a republican doesn't automatically by extension make you a conservative.

Get a grip, dude.

Probably half (if not more) of the people you think are conservative in their political philosophy are only taking those positions on issues because it helps to further their political aspirations. You'd be surprised how fast their core beliefs would change if the political winds changed.

For example, look at Mitt Romney and his last campaign for president. I've also heard some interesting stories about Gov Sam Brownback in his earlier days. He wasn't a conservative...until he saw the way the winds were blowing in his state many years ago. There are plenty of others like that...in both parties.

Most people who are truly politically savvy understand that.

Right.

Get a grip, dude.

Probably half (if not more) of the people you think are conservative in their political philosophy are only taking those positions on issues because it helps to further their political aspirations. You'd be surprised how fast their core beliefs would change if the political winds changed.

For example, look at Mitt Romney and his last campaign for president. I've also heard some interesting stories about Gov Sam Brownback in his earlier days. He wasn't a conservative...until he saw the way the winds were blowing in his state many years ago. There are plenty of others like that...in both parties.

Well then guess what skinner? They aren't Conservative now, are they? They don't make the grade of Statesmen...just political HACKS. There are way too many of them on BOTH sides.

NICE you admit it.:eusa_whistle:

The expert on delusional history is lecturing about delusional history again.

You probably need to educate yourself on history a bit. We went along with coups in Syria for decades because the leaders were people we didn't like, including the first coup in 1948. But that was okay until the Black Guy did it.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Obama is not supporting anything in Syria. He is trying to take the moral high ground by pretending that punishing people who do things we don't like, even if they are not our business, is what makes America exceptional, but that is not going along with a coup, even if he is black.

We didn't take out Mubarak, his own people did.

Do you remember Mubarek asking for a transition period to ensure an orderly transfer of power, and the black guy saying no? Or does your delusional history have a different take on what went down?

You didn't. Were you asleep during the whole of the 1980's when Reagan did a whole bunch of shit to try to kill Qadaffi, including dropping a bomb on his house that killed his infant daughter? But again- When the Black Guy did it...

I might have had a lapse of memory again, but I don't remember Reagan actually trying to kill anyone. He did order strikes on Qaddafi's palace, but was never really serious about taking him out. If he was, he would have been dead.

By the way, the black guy lied when he took us to war in Libya, but that doesn't bother you because he is black.

You mean recognizing reality.

Hey, here's a funny thing. You know how Nixon finally got us out of Vietnam? He sat down and had "Reconcilation Talks" in Paris with the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong.

Which reality is that? The one that pissed of the Afghan government so much that they dropped all talks about extending the SOF agreement?

By the way, Nixon got us out of Vietnam by secretly negotiating with the Vietnamese to extend the war into his presidency. If he hadn't done that the war would have ended 5 years earlier than it did. If you are going to defend the black guy, don't lie about the crimes of the white guy.

If the United States chooses to bomb Syria, there isn't a thing Russia can do about it. Russia can't get it up any more, no matter how hard you suck Putin off.

All Russia has is a veto on the national security council, and arms sales to our enemies. That's all they have to counter us. It's all they can bring to the table.

The United States has finally gotten an admission out of Syria that they have chemical weapons. Previous administrations failed at getting this admission out of Syria. The UN failed. The rest of the world failed.

Now those weapons are finally in play. They are finally on the negotiating table.

We are bringing a big fucking stick. Putin is bringing his army of useful idiots (he just wrote them all a love letter for them to gush over), his UN Security council veto, and arms sales to Iran as his bargaining chip.

Another factor is Turkey. Turkey and Iran would each like to annex Syria if Syria implodes. That's a big part of what is behind Putin talking with Iran about selling them arms. He's trying to maintain a balance of power since Turkey is our ally.

Anyway. Stop sucking him off, whores. You are making a spectacle of yourself swooning over his love letter.

Seems someone has hit a raw nerve ending with you. Oh well.

You say people are sucking him off because we agree with some of what he is saying on this issue..........................You say we love him because we choose to agree with some of what he says.................

Get over yourself..........Most know Putin is ex-KGB, and is a snake in the grass in the overall scheme of things. Obama incompetence has put him in a corner and the snake in the grass has made him look like a fool. Hell, all he had to do is push because Obama makes himself look incompetent without anyone's help.

Putin can evict us from the air base in Russia over this, which is being used in Afghanistan. And of course we start up a new Cold War Rhetoric with them. Currently our Navy and theirs are playing War games in the region. No big deal, I've been there and done that.

The main point in Syria SHOULD BE. What is in our Best Strategic Interest???????

Do we want the rebels to take over?? Is that in our best interest? Or do we want Assad to maintain power?? Is that in our best interest?

Neither is in our best interest. Both sides of the equation suck. So if we can broker a deal to remove CHEMICAL WEAPONS, then that is the best deal we can hope for.

So light the fires, and press the issue of disarmament. FULLY VERIFIED and who gives a Fuck what the UN says at all. They are generally useless anyway. We've been given a way out of attack, and we should take advantage of it.

In your insignificant mind, you see Good guy Barry, and BAAD guy Vlad.
Reverse projection. In your small minds Obama can never do anything right. Your reflex reaction to EVERYTHING he does is to oppose. Your dysphemistic use of his first name betrays you.

If you believe I think Obama is a great guy, then you obviously have not read any topics where I eviscerate him for ObamaCare or any number of other topics.

On the subject of Syria, however, he has done everything right. He could have given Congress the finger and gone ahead and bombed Syria the way Clinton bombed Iraq three times without even consulting Congress.

But you jerkwad useful idiots keep parroting the Putin line because of your idiotic Obama Derangement Syndrome which causes you to make this political rather than face the realities of the world.

The end result is Syria's chemical weapons are now on the negotiating table. Bush failed to do that, the UN failed to do that, the whole world failed to do that. Syria would not even admit to having chemical weapons prior to now.

So eat that simple fact! No matter how you try to twist the real world in your vacuous minds, that simple fact guts your position.

And while you spout your self Righteous posts telling everyone else to Slurp, the Rebels are still killing Christians in Syria and around the region simply because they are Christian. These are those that bombing Syria could possibly help. They are worse than Assad who is a brutal POS as well.

We don't have a friend on either side of this equation. So if I've got to pick the lesser of the evils it's Assad. Saying that makes me want to puke, but that's the deal. It's a Shit sandwich no MATTER THE SAUCE PUT ON IT.

Take a bite G5000. It taste's good doesn't it.....................

And BTW, the Russians put the carrot on the table with the WMD's. Obama took it, and now has a way out from his ineptness in the situation.

Finally, stop sucking up to Obama. Slurp Slurp. Back at you Boot Licker on this case.

So Obama Boot Lickers.............

How's that Libya thing going......................

Heard they having a grand time since we left.

Right.

Get a grip, dude.

Right.

Nothing is absolute, including the value of nothing.

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

You're not savvy....You're a cartoonish Randian/Orwellian antagonist come to life.

Putin isn't dictating anything. It's just words in a newspaper. Man, you sure are easily taunted into reacting just like a schoolboy who doesn't have enough emotional maturity to see something for what it is as opposed to how someone wants you to react because they're intentionally manipulating you.

Naw, he's just a troll. He knows what he's saying is horseshit.

Look at the conservative uber American patriots running down our president because Putin wrote an Op-Ed in a newspaper. Thank God most Americans are made of sterner stuff.

In WWII, Americans endured Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose without folding like an overburdened fold up card table. All I know from reading the conservative whining is that I wouldn't want to be in a position where I had to depend on one of them in a situation which called for steely resolve because they've got the intestinal fortitude of a group of small children who've eaten hamburgers laced with the E. coli bacterium.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just call anyone who's an Obama critic a limp-wristed faggot?

Oh, btw, fuck you.

Last edited:
Right.

Get a grip, dude.

Right.

Nothing is absolute, including the value of nothing.

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

You're not savvy....You're a cartoonish Randian/Orwellian antagonist come to life.
Namely a caricature...

If Putin was calling Obama's bluff, wouldn't he be refusing to help disarm Assad of his chemical weapons?

As for Reagan, he cut and ran from Lebanon after the Marine barracks were bombed which killed OVER 200 American personnel. So, if I were you, I wouldn't be citing Reagan as a source of steely resolve or determination in the face of aggression. Instead, Reagan attacked a small island near South America to prove how tough he was. That's like beating up the smallest kid on the playground.

bullshit, Reagan destroyed the Soviet Union, brought down the Berlin wall, and still made friends with Gorby.

Syria's CW will end up being in Putin's arsenal, Assad will remain in power, and Barry's threats will continue to be the laughing stock of the world.

you guys really fucked this country by putting that fool in charge for 8 years.

The Soviet Union imploded. Their 'empire' essentially collapsed of its own weight and it was Gorby who chose not to hold it together by force like previous Soviet leaders had done in Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968.

Now, aside from the fact that the fall of the USSR all happened after Reagan left office, I ask myself what Reagan would have done if it happened while he was still in office and Gorby sent in Soviet and Warsaw Pact troops to restore order. Would Reagan have mobilized the US military to meet the challenge?

Not a chance. GWB, maybe. He was dumb enough to do it, and he thought he was friggin' Churchill.

As for making friends with Gorby, that always makes me laugh since conservatives have always mocked Obama's willingness to engage with Iran without preconditions. Wasn't Reagan engaging with the Soviet Union without preconditions?

Your leftard view of history is interesting---totally wrong, but interesting. Did you take history from Bill Ayers?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" nuff said about preconditions.

[

Your leftard view of history is interesting---totally wrong, but interesting. Did you take history from Bill Ayers?

He gave pretty speeches...

So does Obama.

When the rubber meets the road, though, all Reagan did was arm Osama Bin Laden and Saddam because, hey, at least they weren't Commies!!!!

[

He gave pretty speeches...

So does Obama.

When the rubber meets the road, though, all Reagan did was arm Osama Bin Laden and Saddam because, hey, at least they weren't Commies!!!!

I'm sure Reagan armed them with Kalashnikovs.

Anyone who's been in the Middle East can tell who armed who by their weapons. If Iraqis are carrying AK-47s, SKSs, RPGs, etc.......it's pretty damned clear to anyone familiar with weapons which country produced them and sold them.

Forum List

Back