Op-Ed By Vladimir Putin for the American People

Putin isn't dictating anything. It's just words in a newspaper. Man, you sure are easily taunted into reacting just like a schoolboy who doesn't have enough emotional maturity to see something for what it is as opposed to how someone wants you to react because they're intentionally manipulating you.

Naw, he's just a troll. He knows what he's saying is horseshit.

Look at the conservative uber American patriots running down our president because Putin wrote an Op-Ed in a newspaper. Thank God most Americans are made of sterner stuff.

In WWII, Americans endured Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose without folding like an overburden fold up card table. All I know from reading the conservative whining is that I wouldn't want to be in a position where I had to depend on one of them in a situation which called for steely resolve because they've got the intestinal fortitude of a group of small children who've eaten hamburgers laced with the E. coli bacterium.

Hey, watch out there.

You've only got 491 rep.

:D

Putin isn't dictating anything. It's just words in a newspaper. Man, you sure are easily taunted into reacting just like a schoolboy who doesn't have enough emotional maturity to see something for what it is as opposed to how someone wants you to react because they're intentionally manipulating you.

Look at the conservative uber American patriots running down our president because Putin wrote an Op-Ed in a newspaper. Thank God most Americans are made of sterner stuff.

In WWII, Americans endured Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose without folding like an overburden fold up card table. All I know from reading the conservative whining is that I wouldn't want to be in a position where I had to depend on one of them in a situation which called for steely resolve because they've got the intestinal fortitude of a group of small children who've eaten hamburgers laced with the E. coli bacterium.

the difference is that Sally and Rose were lying. 90% of what Putin said is true.

He called obama's bluff and made obama look incompetent on the world stage. That would never have happened under Reagan, either Bush, Kennedy, or even Clinton.

Face it, your community organizer has no business playing with the big boys.

the difference is that Sally and Rose were lying. 90% of what Putin said is true.

He called obama's bluff and made obama look incompetent on the world stage. That would never have happened under Reagan, either Bush, Kennedy, or even Clinton.

If Putin was calling Obama's bluff, wouldn't he be refusing to help disarm Assad of his chemical weapons?

As for Reagan, he cut and ran from Lebanon after the Marine barracks were bombed which killed OVER 200 American personnel. So, if I were you, I wouldn't be citing Reagan as a source of steely resolve or determination in the face of aggression. Instead, Reagan attacked a small island near South America to prove how tough he was. That's like beating up the smallest kid on the playground.

If Putin was calling Obama's bluff, wouldn't he be refusing to help disarm Assad of his chemical weapons?

As for Reagan, he cut and ran from Lebanon after the Marine barracks were bombed which killed OVER 200 American personnel. So, if I were you, I wouldn't be citing Reagan as a source of steely resolve or determination in the face of aggression. Instead, Reagan attacked a small island near South America to prove how tough he was. That's like beating up the smallest kid on the playground.

bullshit, Reagan destroyed the Soviet Union, brought down the Berlin wall, and still made friends with Gorby.

Syria's CW will end up being in Putin's arsenal, Assad will remain in power, and Barry's threats will continue to be the laughing stock of the world.

you guys really fucked this country by putting that fool in charge for 8 years.

Isn't that what we're doing?

That doesn't change the fact that Obozo and Lurch were both bluffing.

And now they look to the whole world like the lightweights and rank buffoons that they are.

bullshit, Reagan destroyed the Soviet Union, brought down the Berlin wall, and still made friends with Gorby.

Syria's CW will end up being in Putin's arsenal, Assad will remain in power, and Barry's threats will continue to be the laughing stock of the world.

The Soviet Union imploded. Their 'empire' essentially collapsed of its own weight and it was Gorby who chose not to hold it together by force like previous Soviet leaders had done in Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968.

Now, aside from the fact that the fall of the USSR all happened after Reagan left office, I ask myself what Reagan would have done if it happened while he was still in office and Gorby sent in Soviet and Warsaw Pact troops to restore order. Would Reagan have mobilized the US military to meet the challenge?

Not a chance. GWB, maybe. He was dumb enough to do it, and he thought he was friggin' Churchill.

As for making friends with Gorby, that always makes me laugh since conservatives have always mocked Obama's willingness to engage with Iran without preconditions. Wasn't Reagan engaging with the Soviet Union without preconditions?

And now they look to the whole world like the lightweights and rank buffoons that they are.

We don't know if they were bluffing. However, we DO know that they didn't get much in the way of congressional support from conservatives who have been criticizing Obama for two years for not taking ACTION.

The Soviet Union imploded. Their 'empire' essentially collapsed of its own weight and it was Gorby who chose not to hold it together by force like previous Soviet leaders had done in Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968.

Now, aside from the fact that the fall of the USSR all happened after Reagan left office, I ask myself what Reagan would have done if it happened while he was still in office and Gorby sent in Soviet and Warsaw Pact troops to restore order. Would Reagan have mobilized the US military to meet the challenge?

Not a chance. GWB, maybe. He was dumb enough to do it, and he thought he was friggin' Churchill.

As for making friends with Gorby, that always makes me laugh since conservatives have always mocked Obama's willingness to engage with Iran without preconditions. Wasn't Reagan engaging with the Soviet Union without preconditions?

It was all about the arms race.

The Soviet nuclear build-up was being won by the Soviets, although I admit, some people view it the other way. We were conservative and had a goal in mind of how many we thought were needed, but the Soviets wanted to make it look like they would get far ahead of us. Reagan called their bluff and showed them that won't work.

We don't know if they were bluffing. However, we DO know that they didn't get much in the way of congressional support from conservatives who have been criticizing Obama for two years for not taking ACTION.
They didn't get much support from their own damned party, fool.

And they were either bluffing or committed a massive gaffe that painted them into a corner when Putin came onto the scene....Ether way, they look like the completely over-their-heads bunglers that they are.

What does my rep power have to do with anything?

That fact that you've been here 4 years and all you have come up with in that amount of time is "you're a troll" or "what he says is horseshit" in counter to any factual argument.

Compared to me, who has been here all of six months, who has lain many a liberal and his arguments to rest. Our rep totals only speak to who is the real troll here. It is not I. I am not one for arrogance, but learn to recognize your superior when you see him. That is a fact of life here on this board you will need to deal with, Erik.

Good day.

you are a funny little poster.

Yeah, and you're a stupid one.

And they were either bluffing or committed a massive gaffe that painted them into a corner when Putin came onto the scene....Ether way, they look like the completely over-their-heads bunglers that they are.

Had the Democratic Party been pushing Obama to take military action in Syria for the last two years like the Republican Party had?

Had the Democratic Party been pushing Obama to take military action in Syria for the last two years like the Republican Party had?
We're not talking the last two years, and the prospect of attacking anyone right now, let alone Syria, is overwhelmingly unpopular with anyone who isn't a blind sycophant of the Boiking or a rabid neocon asswipe like Juan McQuisling....Both of which are tiny minorities of the American populace.

At last time I checked, they still are pushing for military intervention. They want it to happen NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! Bunch of children you are.

At least Bush had a plan in place.

We're not talking the last two years, and the prospect of attacking anyone right now, let alone Syria, is overwhelmingly unpopular with anyone who isn't a blind sycophant of the Boiking or a rabid neocon asswipe like Juan McQuisling....Both of which are tiny minorities of the American populace.

Sure we are. Conservatives wanted Obama to take military action when he wasn't prepared to do it, and they wouldn't support him when he was prepared to do it.

Just like Libya.

Sure we are. Conservatives wanted Obama to take military action when he wasn't prepared to do it, and they wouldn't support him when he was prepared to do it.

Just like Libya.
Neocons aren't conservatives....They're barely discernible from Truman or LBJ.

It's time you came to grips with that reality.

Just like Libya.

Obama struck Libya without any congressional support. So how were they pushing him to do anything? Frankly, I think he's pushing himself after running off at the mouth last year.

Oh, but we'd better leave poor Barry alone, he's taken enough hits to his credibility already.

Last edited:

At last time I checked, they still are pushing for military intervention. They want it to happen NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! Bunch of children you are.

At least Bush had a plan in place.

The question was...

...and you say they "still are". Are you saying they were before, like the question is asking?

And when you say, "They want it to happen NOW. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!", just how many of them are we talking about, because it sure doesn't look he even has a majority of his own party on his side.

Forum List

Back