🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Open borders and open trade

Trade deficit, or more accurately current account balance is basically debt the united states owes to foreign countries. It needs to be paid back one way or the other. If not, China will end up owning all of United States at this rate...

That is fucking retarded.

Seriously, who taught you that bullshit? You really need to take an economics course.

Yeah!!!! Cheaply made goods made from slave labor is a boon to a worker that is paid a living wage....you are fucking GENIUS!!! Why aren't you on the ballot???? (insert sarcasm here).

You completely deflect from my contention and reiterate your prior moronic statements.

Seriously, dude...you have to be either a parody poster or absolutely fucking CLUELESS.......

You are acting out.

It is a sign of an idiot grasped by the throat.
YOU are an idiot.
You sound like some Neo-Con fat ass who looks down upon other humans.
You actually accept an "Economic Model" that enriches less than 2% of a nation's population.

Yeah!!!! Cheaply made goods made from slave labor is a boon to a worker that is paid a living wage....you are fucking GENIUS!!! Why aren't you on the ballot???? (insert sarcasm here).

You completely deflect from my contention and reiterate your prior moronic statements.

Seriously, dude...you have to be either a parody poster or absolutely fucking CLUELESS.......

You are acting out.

It is a sign of an idiot grasped by the throat.

Dude, you couldn't "out debate" me on this on the best day you ever had.....no fucking way. You don't grasp the simple concepts of slave labor versus free enterprise and that is a fucking fact.

YOU are a dumbass...Free Trade has RESULTED in Off-Shoring and Business Visas.

Tariffs have no relevance on offshoring.

You morons understand nothing about economics but run your mouths. It is pathetic.

Tariffs do not work and have never worked. They are not new, history has shown them to be a failure. Many blame tariffs on the great depression. Learn some economics!
Maybe you should pay attention to the fact that the US pays Tariffs and nobody else does when dealing with us.

You are aware that a tariff is just another tax for US to pay right? China doesn't pay the tariff, consumers in the US pay the tariff. You think the key to a stronger economy is more taxes?
I don't care.
Make a tariff high enough and American based companies will fill the void.
I don't give a shit about people living off their Stock Portfolios.

Please give an example where that has actually worked for a country. Tariffs have been around a very long time.

You are comparing 2016's technology to decades ago?
Are you living in la-la land?
What can we NOT produce today in the US?
Why should I subsidize the poor when a Director owns 20+ homes across the globe?

So you don't have an example? What you are proposing has never worked yet you still think it is a good idea? You aren't very smart are you?

We can produce probably anything. But we will all be paying much more and our exports will go down to nothing. Tariffs have been tried many times and always fail. Do you not learn from history?

You morons understand nothing about economics but run your mouths. It is pathetic.
Pull your head out of your Neo-Con web site.
If nobody buys the artificially low priced item that has been adjusted to it's REAL price via a Tariff, that item will be manufactured in the US.

YOU are an idiot.

Stop acting out.

It makes you look bad.

You actually accept an "Economic Model" that enriches less than 2% of a nation's population.

You got it backwards.

Tariffs have long been a tool for the 0.5% to protect their businesses. You are incapable of comprehending that point though, since you are nothing more than a political tool.

If you honestly and truly believe that, you are the one that suffers from a terminal case of stupidity. I don't know whom you are trying to "fool" but it certainly isn't me and Indeependent.

So you don't have an example? What you are proposing has never worked yet you still think it is a good idea? You aren't very smart are you?

We can produce probably anything. But we will all be paying much more and our exports will go down to nothing. Tariffs have been tried many times and always fail. Do you not learn from history?

He just repeats talking points and conflates economics concepts. Classic tool.

Maybe you should pay attention to the fact that the US pays Tariffs and nobody else does when dealing with us.

You are aware that a tariff is just another tax for US to pay right? China doesn't pay the tariff, consumers in the US pay the tariff. You think the key to a stronger economy is more taxes?
I don't care.

Please give an example where that has actually worked for a country. Tariffs have been around a very long time.

Why should I subsidize the poor when a Director owns 20+ homes across the globe?

And you DO understand that when 98% of people make less then 25K/year eventually those items that cost too much will no longer be available.

If you honestly and truly believe that, you are the one that suffers from a terminal case of stupidity. I don't know whom you are trying to "fool" but it certainly isn't me and Indeependent.

Acting out once again.

Stop insulting your intelligence.

And you DO understand that when 98% of people make less then 25K/year eventually those items that cost too much will no longer be available.

That is a loaded question which makes zero sense.

Could you clarify?

YOU are an idiot.

Stop acting out.

It makes you look bad.

You got it backwards.

Tariffs have long been a tool for the 0.5% to protect their businesses. You are incapable of comprehending that point though, since you are nothing more than a political tool.
I eat guys like you for lunch.
You provide theory and no examples.
I visit houses everyday where people make less than 25K/year and except for their iPhone and large screen TV that I PAID for, their houses are empty.
In other words, they can't even afford the low priced shit at Walmart or Costco's.

This is a great illuminating debate.

The debate was resolved about 85 years ago. Both the Keynesians and the Austrians agreed on free trade, so do we really need to reimerge these stone age fallacious arguments?

This is a great illuminating debate.

The debate was resolved about 85 years ago. Both the Keynesians and the Austrians agreed on free trade, so do we really need to reimerge these stone age fallacious arguments?

Yes, because they were both wrong... just listen to the debate.

Anyway, I do mostly support free trade, but as you agreed upon, the current system is a mess. Still, it is not an axiom, nor is it freedom to be forced to trade with anyone.

Last edited:

That is a loaded question which makes zero sense.

Could you clarify?
It makes no sense because you don't know people in real life.
My clients are WEALTHY, Middle Class and dirt poor.
The poor, as I have already stated in another post just a few minutes ago have BARE walls as they can barely afford to buy stuff even at Walmart or Walgreen's.
Their mortgages, smart phone and large screen TVs are paid for by MY tax dollars and they have no money for anything else.
Most of the Middle Class people I meet are living check to check and have to take care of their children who can't find jobs.

I don't care.

I know tariffs are just another tax on us. I know putting tariffs on imports increases costs for our manufacturers, making it impossible to be competitive in exports. If you think people should make more money than increase the minimum wage. At least that will actually increase wages. You want to increase taxes and kill exports in hope that there may be wage increases. Stupid.

I eat guys like you for lunch.
You provide theory and no examples.

In my conversations with you, I provided 5 very notable examples where raises in tariffs caused economic collapse or limited growth.

You have yet to provide one example of tariffs working in US history.

I visit houses everyday where people make less than 25K/year and except for their iPhone and large screen TV that I PAID for, their houses are empty.
In other words, they can't even afford the low priced shit at Walmart or Costco's.

Free trade creates lower prices.

It is a non-debatable proven fact that tariffs raise prices for consumers, hence why I have called you an anti-consumer piece of shit in the past. Consumer protectionism is an oxymoron.

YOU are an idiot.

Stop acting out.

It makes you look bad.

You got it backwards.

Protecting businesses?
You haven't noticed that the businesses have LEFT?
Are you THAT fucking stupid?

Forum List

Back