🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Open borders and open trade

How can you globalize without tariffs that doesn't put the worker of manufactured goods at a disadvantage?

What?

Please clarify.

If I can manufacture goods with forced/slave labor, how can those that get paid a living wage compete?

By producing superior products and hiring better labor. Also by exposing to the consumer exploitative manufacturing processes through media campaigns.

Hold companies accountable that do business with sweat shops. It is a minority of countries that institute forced labor, so most of the time this "slave labor" is actually voluntary.

The E.U has no borders and it has not worked out all that well since their alleged "elected" officials answer to the E.UC council of unlected officials that work on behalf of the banking oligarchs???

Third time: Government middlemen are the problem.

Free trade doesn't work if a country like China decides to keep the wages very low, then all the capital is going to relocate to their country, as we have seen happen. It's not great for them, and not great for the USA. It will end up in a disaster...

Frankly, even if government decided to not do anything but force open borders for goods, it would still probably end up not well, because of the fact that China is a lot poorer than the USA. Of course we can just assume that these populations are all the same and so on, but that's not the real world then.

China is providing us with lots of really cheap products. Do you not like cheap products?
How many TVs do I buy in a 10 year period?
Maybe 1.
I can afford the extra $100.00.

Would probably be much more than $100. And well do you have a computer? Phone? Do you drive imported cars? You really think you would be better off if there was a new tax placed upon your purchases?

Tariffs do not work and have never worked. They are not new, history has shown them to be a failure. Many blame tariffs on the great depression. Learn some economics!
Maybe you should pay attention to the fact that the US pays Tariffs and nobody else does when dealing with us.

You are aware that a tariff is just another tax for US to pay right? China doesn't pay the tariff, consumers in the US pay the tariff. You think the key to a stronger economy is more taxes?
I don't care.
Make a tariff high enough and American based companies will fill the void.
I don't give a shit about people living off their Stock Portfolios.

How can you globalize without tariffs that doesn't put the worker of manufactured goods at a disadvantage?

What?

Please clarify.

If I can manufacture goods with forced/slave labor, how can those that get paid a living wage compete?

By producing superior products and hiring better labor. Also by exposing to the consumer exploitative manufacturing processes through media campaigns.

Hold companies accountable that do business with sweat shops. It is a minority of countries that institute forced labor, so most of the time this "slave labor" is actually voluntary.

The E.U has no borders and it has not worked out all that well since their alleged "elected" officials answer to the E.UC council of unlected officials that work on behalf of the banking oligarchs???

Free trade doesn't work if a country like China decides to keep the wages very low, then all the capital is going to relocate to their country, as we have seen happen. It's not great for them, and not great for the USA. It will end up in a disaster...

Frankly, even if government decided to not do anything but force open borders for goods, it would still probably end up not well, because of the fact that China is a lot poorer than the USA. Of course we can just assume that these populations are all the same and so on, but that's not the real world then.

China is providing us with lots of really cheap products. Do you not like cheap products?

At the expense of American jobs? Fuck no......which is why I buy as little as I can and do my best to find goods not made in China. It's not like the Chinese laborers are getting a decent standard of living for building cheap shit.I am not trying to be an asshole, but you don't have the slightest grasp on what is really going on.....you are totally clueless. You have no idea about what the end game is and I am not in the mood right now to start at the beginning.

What?

Please clarify.

It's a bit problematic that the Chinese are sending over consumer goods and USA is having a trade deficit and sending all the businesses to China... how are you going to pay the Chinese back? Has that crossed your mind?

Today, USA is the most indebted country in the world because of this fact. The accumulated trade deficit is something like 9 trillion dollars. China owns 1/6th of United States (well not quite, but you get the point)...

How many TVs do I buy in a 10 year period?
Maybe 1.
I can afford the extra $100.00.

That is the beauty of the free trade.

You have the option to buy domestic for a higher price, and others have the option to buy foreign for a lower price. The heart of free market capitalism is consumer power.
And I am paying taxes for unemployed and underemployed Blacks in 3 towns next to mine to own their own homes.
I'm White...I actually have to pay my taxes and my mortgages.
The MNCs get away scott free.

We have little to no barriers.

The economy instantly got better upon dropping our barriers of entry too. That includes the Reagan tariffs.

We are bleeding jobs.

False.

More trade always creates more jobs. Never has less trade created jobs, that being a well known fallacy.

Tariffs do not work and have never worked. They are not new, history has shown them to be a failure. Many blame tariffs on the great depression. Learn some economics!
Maybe you should pay attention to the fact that the US pays Tariffs and nobody else does when dealing with us.

You are aware that a tariff is just another tax for US to pay right? China doesn't pay the tariff, consumers in the US pay the tariff. You think the key to a stronger economy is more taxes?
I don't care.

Please give an example where that has actually worked for a country. Tariffs have been around a very long time.

What?

Please clarify.

It's a bit problematic that the Chinese are sending consumer goods and USA is having a trade deficit sending all the businesses to China... how are you going to pay the Chinese back? Has that crossed your mind?

Today, USA is the most indebted country in the world because of this fact. The accumulated trade deficit is something like 9 trillion dollars. China owns 1/6th of United States (well not quite, but you get the point)...

BINGO!!!!! Folks, we have a winner........

It's a bit problematic that the Chinese are sending consumer goods and USA is having a trade deficit sending all the businesses to China... how are you going to pay the Chinese back? Has that crossed your mind?

Pay the Chinese back?

Something tells me you do not know what a trade deficit is.

Today, USA is the most indebted country in the world because of this fact. The accumulated trade deficit is something like 9 trillion dollars. China owns 1/6th of United States...

We would be more in debt if we raised tariffs.

Please give an example where that has actually worked for a country. Tariffs have been around a very long time.

Don't bother.

I have asked him these types of questions dozens of times. You will be met with deflection.

The economy instantly got better upon dropping our barriers of entry too. That includes the Reagan tariffs.

We are bleeding jobs.

False.

More trade always creates more jobs. Never has less trade created jobs, that being a well known fallacy.
Coffee pumpers?
You are simply another in a long line of idiots who think that serving burgers is a great career.
Please inform us as to what CAREERS have been created in the MILLIONS to offset off-shoring.

We are bleeding jobs.

False.

Reagan? You forgetting Black Monday.
Reagan was cocaine followed by a crash and our economy has been nothing more than a bouncing ball since Supply Side kicked in.

We are bleeding jobs.

False.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!! Cheaply made goods made from slave labor is a boon to a worker that is paid a living wage....you are fucking GENIUS!!! Why aren't you on the ballot???? (insert sarcasm here).

Seriously, dude...you have to be either a parody poster or absolutely fucking CLUELESS.......

Coffee pumpers?
You are simply another in a long line of idiots who think that serving burgers is a great career.
Please inform us as to what CAREERS have been created in the MILLIONS to offset off-shoring.

Lol, what a dumbass.

You are conflating free trade with offshoring.

Reagan? You forgetting Black Monday.
Reagan was cocaine followed by a crash and our economy has been nothing more than a bouncing ball since Supply Side kicked in.

My point exactly.

Reagan instituted loads of tariffs. He was an enemy of free trade.

I don't care.

You are comparing 2016's technology to decades ago?
Are you living in la-la land?
What can we NOT produce today in the US?
Why should I subsidize the poor when a Director owns 20+ homes across the globe?

Pay the Chinese back?

Something tells me you do not know what a trade deficit is.

Today, USA is the most indebted country in the world because of this fact. The accumulated trade deficit is something like 9 trillion dollars. China owns 1/6th of United States...

We would be more in debt if we raised tariffs.

Trade deficit, or more accurately current account balance is basically debt the united states owes to foreign countries. It needs to be paid back one way or the other. If not, China will end up owning all of United States at this rate...

Also free market capitalism is not about forcing people to trade with one another or accept people who execute gays to be their neighbors... so since the government is in charge of these policies, they can't just throw their hands in the air and say whatever goes.

Coffee pumpers?

Lol, what a dumbass.

You are conflating free trade with offshoring.
YOU are a dumbass...Free Trade has RESULTED in Off-Shoring and Business Visas.

Yeah!!!! Cheaply made goods made from slave labor is a boon to a worker that is paid a living wage....you are fucking GENIUS!!! Why aren't you on the ballot???? (insert sarcasm here).

You completely deflect from my contention and reiterate your prior moronic statements.

Seriously, dude...you have to be either a parody poster or absolutely fucking CLUELESS.......

You are acting out.

It is a sign of an idiot grasped by the throat.

I don't care.

Before Woodrow Wilson killed most tariffs after introducing the income tax and just before signing the Federal Reserve Act, that was how "gubermint" was funded. Tariffs protected workers from cheaply made, slave labored imports.

Forum List

Back