OPINION----Trump may be "begging" the House to be impeached

You go right on calling anyone who voted for Trump "stupid", Nat! It worked so well for you progressives in the last Presidential election...let's do it AGAIN!

Stupid Trump cult members (like YOU).........seem to "overlook" that there has been a NATIONAL election after your "great win" in 2016.........How did THAT last election turn out, cultist???..............lol

Can't help your stupidity and cult loyalty on this forum.......Stay dumb....I really don't care.

I guess that means you're unable to see truth. Too bad, it's liberating.

Let's just expose the depths of your stupidity. NO ONE has suggested that Trump has done anything illegal with his tax returns. But there are good and valid reasons for requesting them: EMOLUMENTS

Trump is the first President in history not to divest his holdings prior to assuming the Presidency, and foreign governments have been lining up to book rooms and events at his hotels the world over ever since. Is this pay for play.

Other questions the tax returns will answer:

1. Who does Donald Trump owe money to, other than Deutches Bank?

2. Who has been funding his projects? We know that American banks and interests will not lend to Trump because of his history of bankruptcies. For example, we know that the Chinese government recently gave Trump Resort in Indonesia a $500 million loan. And in return, Trump dropped his allegation that the Chinese were manipulating currencies. I know contractors who worked on Trump Tower Toronto and they told me at the time that Trump's people were supervising construction, but the Saudi's signed all of their cheques. That building was subsequently sold to a Russian businessman, but the Trump Corporation continued to operate the Hotel, until it went bankrupt, during the 2016 election.

This to me is the central question of the Trump Presidency. Trump is a loyalty guy. He's loyal to you only so long as you're loyal to him. American banks weren't loyal to Donald Trump. To this day, they refuse to fund his projects. Trump told the American people that his sons were going to embark on building more Trump Hotels in the US, since he was precluded from doing deals abroad during his Presidency, but that plan foundered because American banks still won't lend to money to Donald Trump.

Is Donald Trump destroying the American economy to get revenge on the American business establishment who he blames for his failures? Is that why Trump is tearing up trade agreements, starting trade wars, cutting taxes and running up deficits, and general blowing up every bi-lateral agreement that has made American the richest most powerful nation in the world? Because it sure looks like it to me.

Your second sentence destroys your argument.

No it doesn't. The argument for getting Trump's tax returns is that Congress is writing laws to prevent Presidential candidates from profitting from the Presidency. It is essential to see Trump's tax returns because he is the only President in history to be running a business as well as sitting in the Oval Office.

I personally think that the People of the United States should be billing the President for every weekend he spends at Mar-a-lago is he is only there to sell access and influence, and TRUMP is billing the taxpayers for the SS rooms, meals, and Air Force One to fly him down and back. He should be paying those expenses out of his own pocket.

You don't apply laws retroactively. You can only apply them going forward. Thus, minus credible allegations of criminal activity under current law, you have no basis for demanding his financial information.

So if you committed a crime and you haven't been caught to this point, you're in the clear. I don't think so bucko, otherwise these murders from 10, 20 years ago that are solved, would result in no charges.

It's called "Statute of Limitations", which says that the government has a specific number of years to go after you for past crimes. Some crimes, like tax evasion, and murder, have no limitation, and one of the things that the SDNY is looking into is tax evasion in the transfer of Fred Trump's estate to his beneficiaries. And of course the persistent rumours that Trump has been laundering money for the Russian oligarchs for years (see 2008 Miami real estate deal).

The SDNY has been going after Trump since the 1970's when he settled two federal racial discrimination law suits with the SDNY. The State of New York was one of two states which filed the Trump University law suits. Trump headed off further suits in Texas and Florida, by making illegal campaign contributions to the two states' AG's there, but he stupidly gave them money from the Trump Foundation which is illegal and paid a fine for doing so.

Then there's the whole Trump Foundation mess. Dumb Donald and Ivanka, Eric and Junior have all been barred from being Directors or Trustees of any charity in the State of New York, for life. The State has shut down the Trump Foundation for illegal fundraising, and for misuse of the funds raised.

Trump also has a long, nasty history of abusing eminent domain to force people to sell to him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...use-of-eminent-domain/?utm_term=.f20aff20cbc8

I am always utterly gobsmacked that anyone who has followed the business practices and the history of bankruptcy, tax evasion, criminal behaviour and abuses of power of Donald Trump throughout his career, from the 1970's forward. Greed, dishonesty, management chaos, and bullying the little guy have been the trademarks of Trump's career. Every time he has invited the public to "get rich with him", the public has been fleeced and Trump has danced away with millions, leaving destruction and havoc behind him.

When he said he was going to run his Presidency like he runs his business - chaos, dysfunction, failure, bullying, lawsuits, and massive amounts of debt. You complained that Obama wasn't properly vetted and yet here was a man whose entire life has been a litany of failure, debt, and deceit, and Republicans embraced him like the second coming.

Again, this may only be my personal opinion, but Trump's smarter advisers may have convinced him that the ONLY way for him to win another term, may be IF he pushed the democrat House to begin impeachment proceedings..........Playing the "victim" card is perhaps Trump's only remaining gambit for a second term.

From the various investigations surrounding this administration's corrupt actions....to this administration's complete disregard of security clearance.........From Trump believing Russia and Saudi Arabia over our own intelligence services.....to completely defying the law regarding access to his tax returns......Trump may be cajoling and coaxing the House to impeach him...........and reap the same "rewards" of a political victim as Bill Clinton did in the late 1990s.

As an example of this political [albeit, moronic] strategy by Trump, let's keep in mind that although the IRS Code CLEARLY specifies that when officially requested, the IRS "SHALL" release someone's tax returns, the statute ALSO requires a direct reason for such disclosures to not be just political.....and that reason may only be IF the House is contemplating impeachment proceedings against Trump.

.........and, given the complete capitulation of the weak=spined republican Senate, impeachment would fail and Trump can play the victim to his moronic base and rally their mindless support.

As it has been for the last TWO years........its all about Trump and screw the needs to address the real problems facing our nation.

The economy is rocking. Thats what he'll be re elected on.

Usually, a sitting President with a strong economy and no wars is certain to be re-elected

But we are talking about Trump. His negatives are off the charts. His margin for error is very small

If any of your 18 dwarves running had half a clue, they would be taking notes on what trump has already accomplished and recognize that the economy is rocking and we need to fix the border. But no, libs cant stop fondling themselves over gender identity, reparations, social engineering, everything is free, apologize for everything, racism, racism, racism, racism, russia, russia, russia, russia. Your current carnival is so out of touch with reality its beyond laughable.

Compost and Times arent representative or reality. This is more op ed leftist loon hate. Again, stay in that cocoon and keep that head deep near the core of the earth.

You go right on calling anyone who voted for Trump "stupid", Nat! It worked so well for you progressives in the last Presidential election...let's do it AGAIN!

Stupid Trump cult members (like YOU).........seem to "overlook" that there has been a NATIONAL election after your "great win" in 2016.........How did THAT last election turn out, cultist???..............lol

Was it a Presidential election? Duh? Are you having a hard time understanding words, Nat?

As for the midterm election? It worked out better than the first mid terms for both Barry and Slick Willie! But you don't KNOW that...do you!

Again, this may only be my personal opinion, but Trump's smarter advisers may have convinced him that the ONLY way for him to win another term, may be IF he pushed the democrat House to begin impeachment proceedings..........Playing the "victim" card is perhaps Trump's only remaining gambit for a second term.

From the various investigations surrounding this administration's corrupt actions....to this administration's complete disregard of security clearance.........From Trump believing Russia and Saudi Arabia over our own intelligence services.....to completely defying the law regarding access to his tax returns......Trump may be cajoling and coaxing the House to impeach him...........and reap the same "rewards" of a political victim as Bill Clinton did in the late 1990s.

As an example of this political [albeit, moronic] strategy by Trump, let's keep in mind that although the IRS Code CLEARLY specifies that when officially requested, the IRS "SHALL" release someone's tax returns, the statute ALSO requires a direct reason for such disclosures to not be just political.....and that reason may only be IF the House is contemplating impeachment proceedings against Trump.

.........and, given the complete capitulation of the weak=spined republican Senate, impeachment would fail and Trump can play the victim to his moronic base and rally their mindless support.

As it has been for the last TWO years........its all about Trump and screw the needs to address the real problems facing our nation.
How do you equate Democrats trying to look into every single document in his company's records to "Trump is begging Congress to impeach him"??????

I think you Democrats should be slapped every time you say something stupid......then maybe you might STFU for a couple of hours.
This from you who voted for the biggest conman in history?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

they would be taking notes on what trump has already accomplished

But Fox and his Cult (and poorly educated, morons) LOVE Trump.....(must be that orange hair)....LOL.

The Observer view on Donald Trump's growing list of failures ...

List: 110 Trump 'failures' at 2-year mark, 'only getting worse'

The 10 worst things Trump did in 2018 - The Washington Post
Top 10 Donald Trump Failures - TIME

Washington Monthly | Donald Trump Is an Utter Failure as President

Compost and Times arent representative or reality. This is more op ed leftist loon hate. Again, stay in that cocoon and keep that head deep near the core of the earth.
Any professional cross burners on Fox Rape TV tonight? Oh so sorry I forgot. Hannity & Pirro are off tonight.

Was it a Presidential election? Duh? Are you having a hard time understanding words, Nat?

As for the midterm election? It worked out better than the first mid terms for both Barry and Slick Willie! But you don't KNOW that...do you!

May be time for your kool-aid and a nap.....LOL

How do you equate Democrats trying to look into every single document in his company's records to "Trump is begging Congress to impeach him"??????

I think you Democrats should be slapped every time you say something stupid......then maybe you might STFU for a couple of hours.
This from you who voted for the biggest conman in history?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I didn't vote for Obama.

May be time for your kool-aid and a nap.....LOL

That's your best comeback? Pathetic even for you, Nat! You don't have much these days...do ya'?

If Clinton doesn't decide to run, Trump already has a second term wrapped up.

I thought that Trump was trying the lose the election in 2016. It was obvious he wanted to lose, and he was totally shocked that he won. It was all about building the brand. He hates being President, that much is obvious. The only time he looks like he's enjoying himself is at his rallies, where he can bask in the adoration of the fools who voted for him.

LMAO For a guy you say wanted to loose he sure accepted the win in fine form. Our economy is doing great and there are jobs, jobs and more jobs all across the country. UE is the lowest its been since 69.

Oh wait. I forgot. Your a lefty loon whinny ass little shit and couldn't care less how the country is doing. Never mind.

Oh and he'll win in 2020 even if you say he doesn't want the win. Your sure are pathetic.

I guess that means you're unable to see truth. Too bad, it's liberating.

Let's just expose the depths of your stupidity. NO ONE has suggested that Trump has done anything illegal with his tax returns. But there are good and valid reasons for requesting them: EMOLUMENTS

Trump is the first President in history not to divest his holdings prior to assuming the Presidency, and foreign governments have been lining up to book rooms and events at his hotels the world over ever since. Is this pay for play.

Other questions the tax returns will answer:

1. Who does Donald Trump owe money to, other than Deutches Bank?

2. Who has been funding his projects? We know that American banks and interests will not lend to Trump because of his history of bankruptcies. For example, we know that the Chinese government recently gave Trump Resort in Indonesia a $500 million loan. And in return, Trump dropped his allegation that the Chinese were manipulating currencies. I know contractors who worked on Trump Tower Toronto and they told me at the time that Trump's people were supervising construction, but the Saudi's signed all of their cheques. That building was subsequently sold to a Russian businessman, but the Trump Corporation continued to operate the Hotel, until it went bankrupt, during the 2016 election.

This to me is the central question of the Trump Presidency. Trump is a loyalty guy. He's loyal to you only so long as you're loyal to him. American banks weren't loyal to Donald Trump. To this day, they refuse to fund his projects. Trump told the American people that his sons were going to embark on building more Trump Hotels in the US, since he was precluded from doing deals abroad during his Presidency, but that plan foundered because American banks still won't lend to money to Donald Trump.

Is Donald Trump destroying the American economy to get revenge on the American business establishment who he blames for his failures? Is that why Trump is tearing up trade agreements, starting trade wars, cutting taxes and running up deficits, and general blowing up every bi-lateral agreement that has made American the richest most powerful nation in the world? Because it sure looks like it to me.

Your second sentence destroys your argument.

No it doesn't. The argument for getting Trump's tax returns is that Congress is writing laws to prevent Presidential candidates from profitting from the Presidency. It is essential to see Trump's tax returns because he is the only President in history to be running a business as well as sitting in the Oval Office.

I personally think that the People of the United States should be billing the President for every weekend he spends at Mar-a-lago is he is only there to sell access and influence, and TRUMP is billing the taxpayers for the SS rooms, meals, and Air Force One to fly him down and back. He should be paying those expenses out of his own pocket.

You don't apply laws retroactively. You can only apply them going forward. Thus, minus credible allegations of criminal activity under current law, you have no basis for demanding his financial information.

So if you committed a crime and you haven't been caught to this point, you're in the clear. I don't think so bucko, otherwise these murders from 10, 20 years ago that are solved, would result in no charges.

It's called "Statute of Limitations", which says that the government has a specific number of years to go after you for past crimes. Some crimes, like tax evasion, and murder, have no limitation, and one of the things that the SDNY is looking into is tax evasion in the transfer of Fred Trump's estate to his beneficiaries. And of course the persistent rumours that Trump has been laundering money for the Russian oligarchs for years (see 2008 Miami real estate deal).

The SDNY has been going after Trump since the 1970's when he settled two federal racial discrimination law suits with the SDNY. The State of New York was one of two states which filed the Trump University law suits. Trump headed off further suits in Texas and Florida, by making illegal campaign contributions to the two states' AG's there, but he stupidly gave them money from the Trump Foundation which is illegal and paid a fine for doing so.

Then there's the whole Trump Foundation mess. Dumb Donald and Ivanka, Eric and Junior have all been barred from being Directors or Trustees of any charity in the State of New York, for life. The State has shut down the Trump Foundation for illegal fundraising, and for misuse of the funds raised.

Trump also has a long, nasty history of abusing eminent domain to force people to sell to him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...use-of-eminent-domain/?utm_term=.f20aff20cbc8

I am always utterly gobsmacked that anyone who has followed the business practices and the history of bankruptcy, tax evasion, criminal behaviour and abuses of power of Donald Trump throughout his career, from the 1970's forward. Greed, dishonesty, management chaos, and bullying the little guy have been the trademarks of Trump's career. Every time he has invited the public to "get rich with him", the public has been fleeced and Trump has danced away with millions, leaving destruction and havoc behind him.

When he said he was going to run his Presidency like he runs his business - chaos, dysfunction, failure, bullying, lawsuits, and massive amounts of debt. You complained that Obama wasn't properly vetted and yet here was a man whose entire life has been a litany of failure, debt, and deceit, and Republicans embraced him like the second coming.

It sounds like you're saying the properly identified authorities are already using the laws in place to investigate Trump's dealings. That would indicate that there's no need for Congress to also gain access to his finances beyond the obvious fishing for scandal. And, minus clear criminal activity, they should not, because we can be certain they will leak anything they think could be damaging.

Forum List

Back