Oregon Bakers: You get to pay 135,000 for being radical religious morons, Judge so orders!

The bakers did not refuse to serve gays, or bake them a cake. They refused to bake a specific cake because it conflicted with their morals.

Just FYI, the Oregon law that the baker broke requires full and equal goods and services provided by a business that meets the description of a public accommodation business. Not one set of goods and services sold to everyone and a subset of goods and services sold to others.

The fact that they would have (or may have) sold other products isn't relevant.

All Goods Set = A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
Subset = A, B, C, D, F, G, H

ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

>>>>
They offered to bake them a wedding cake, as they advertised they do. The case is not yet adjudicated.
link?
After you read this...

Oregon silences bakers who refused to make cake for gay wedding

...there's this:

Klein says he’s okay with gay customers buying his products, but he cannot approve of a same-sex wedding:

Oregon Bakers Refuse Cake For Same-Sex Wedding

They didn't ask for his approval or participation in their wedding. They asked him to give them the same service he gives anyone else. Now, about that link to him offering to bake the wedding cake?

The bakers did not refuse to serve gays, or bake them a cake. They refused to bake a specific cake because it conflicted with their morals.

Just FYI, the Oregon law that the baker broke requires full and equal goods and services provided by a business that meets the description of a public accommodation business. Not one set of goods and services sold to everyone and a subset of goods and services sold to others.

ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

>>>>
They offered to bake them a wedding cake, as they advertised they do. The case is not yet adjudicated.
link?
After you read this...

...there's this:

Klein says he’s okay with gay customers buying his products, but he cannot approve of a same-sex wedding:

They didn't ask for his approval or participation in their wedding. They asked him to give them the same service he gives anyone else. Now, about that link to him offering to bake the wedding cake?
He offered them any of his products, the same as any other protected class. They refused and demanded he produce something he doesn't offer. It's called forced labor.

How would he know what is standing before him?

Should the baker be required to have dna tests performed? Oh wait, that won’t even work.

I love it when you double down on silliness. It doesn't matter what the baker "knows", the standard that is applied is the basis that the baker perceived and which precipitated the illegal behavior.

If in his opinion the couple was same-sex and homosexual and sexual orientation was the basis - than that was illegal.

If in his opinion the couple was same-sex and heterosexual and sex was the basis - than that was also illegal.

>>>>

So the baker had no knowledge as to who he was denying supplying the artwork to.

Glad you agree.

Not like if they were black. He would know that.

Should I link articles from folks who thought they were gay, only to later find out they weren’t?

>>>>
link?
After you read this...

...there's this:

He offered them any of his products, the same as any other protected class. They refused and demanded he produce something he doesn't offer. It's called forced labor.

He offers wedding cakes.

I don't sell the widgets like that, but you can help yourself to those I do sell.

No, you must sell the kind I want you to sell.

There is no requirement that a business order, sell, or create items that they don't normally order, sell, or create.

If a kosher deli doesn't stock ham, they are not required to sell ham sandwiches. If a bakery doesn't normally supply wedding cakes Wedding Cakes they are not required to.

If you don't sell widgets of one type, you are not required to sell that type because a customer requests it.

>>>>
The baker never stocked specially made gay wedding cakes, as it was against his religion to do so long before these dykes demanded he do so.

I know. I just wanted you to read it.

I'm sure I've read more on both the Sweetcakes and Masterpiece cases than you have including the court documents in and statements of facts agreed to by the complainant and respondent.

But why are you being deceptive and editing out the part of my post that does address it.

Liars never prosper. Or should I quote my post in full before you edited it?

No deception or lying involved. I respond to specific posts, I often remove embedded post that are part of the preceding replay so that when displayed the post I'm responding to shows up instead of it being a post for 4, 5, 6 replies prior. Other times I respond to specific portions of a post. Selective responses are not "editing" your posts, I've changed no content to which I'm responding.

>>>>

>>>>
link?
After you read this...

...there's this:

Worse, they got the government involved in telling an ARTIST that he must produce art.

Now, if the baker agreed, and brought them a cake with two stick figures and misspelled the names, would that have been OK? After all, it’s still art.

link?
After you read this...

...there's this:

He offers wedding cakes.
He offered them one.

Court rules against Oregon bakers who refused to make gay wedding cake
The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against two Christian bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.

The case began back in January 2013, when Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of the since-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery just outside Portland, Oregon, cited their religious beliefs when declining to make a wedding cake for Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer.

Following the incident, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins in violation of a 2007 state law that protects the rights of LGBTQ people in employment, housing and public accommodations. In 2015, the couple was ordered to pay the Bowman-Cryers emotional distress damages.

:dance::clap::clap2::happy-1::happy-1:Happy New Years too, THESE LOSER MENTAL ANAL RELIGIOUS BOY RAPE SUPPORTER BAKER MORONS. As you will always bake cakes for raper priest klans roaming our streets. Following fake gods, does suck folks, as shown here by these losers. And costly as well. For what in the end? Just to show others
who are the sickest mental thinkers, walking the planet are. :happy-1:

1514507803842.jpg

Melissa and Aaron Klein have been ordered to pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple the bakers declined to make a cake for. (Courtesy Sweet Cakes by Melissa)
“Support Sweet Cakes by Melissa”, which raised over $100,000 before it was shut down by GoFundMe, who stated that the campaign was not compatible with their terms of service.

WOW? The cake would have made them a few bucks. But they wanted to give them a 135K Cash wedding gift..LOL!

BTW: Really, these folks still follow gods after the church paid out 600-1.3 billion in damages for raping kids. WTF is with that? Preist ASSAULT on children (rape) okay
and still follows fake lords. but if, two adults, legal ones, and their personal sexual relationship is not to be allowed, and protested by mentally sick bakers. WTF is with THAT?

I think the smarter thing to do would have been just to make the cake for the stupid Queers and put a little "surprise" in the frosting for them since they are too uppity simply to walk down the street and take their business to the next place!
After all....it IS the christian thing to do, right?

I know. I just wanted you to read it.

I'm sure I've read more on both the Sweetcakes and Masterpiece cases than you have including the court documents in and statements of facts agreed to by the complainant and respondent.

But why are you being deceptive and editing out the part of my post that does address it.

Liars never prosper. Or should I quote my post in full before you edited it?

No deception or lying involved. I respond to specific posts, I often remove embedded post that are part of the preceding replay so that when displayed the post I'm responding to shows up instead of it being a post for 4, 5, 6 replies prior. Other times I respond to specific portions of a post. Selective responses are not "editing" your posts, I've changed no content to which I'm responding.

>>>>
Then you should know I directly responded in the quote you edited.

It's well established and the owners of both Sweetcakes and Masterpiece agreed in court documents (Statement of Facts) that yes - in both cases the bakeries sold Wedding Cakes. They did produce and sell the products that were requested.

>>>>

So the baker had no knowledge as to who he was denying supplying the artwork to.

Glad you agree.

Should I link articles from folks who thought they were gay, only to later find out they weren’t?

No I didn't agree. I pointed out that under BOTH you silly scenerios the owners were still in violation of the law whether it his behavior based on sex or sexual orientation.

>>>>

It's well established and the owners of both Sweetcakes and Masterpiece agreed in court documents (Statement of Facts) that yes - in both cases the bakeries sold Wedding Cakes. They did produce and sell the products that were requested.

>>>>

And they offered cake. To the Artist a blank canvas can still be art.

The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against two Christian bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.

The case began back in January 2013, when Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of the since-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery just outside Portland, Oregon, cited their religious beliefs when declining to make a wedding cake for Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer.

Following the incident, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins in violation of a 2007 state law that protects the rights of LGBTQ people in employment, housing and public accommodations. In 2015, the couple was ordered to pay the Bowman-Cryers emotional distress damages.

:dance::clap::clap2::happy-1::happy-1:Happy New Years too, THESE LOSER MENTAL ANAL RELIGIOUS BOY RAPE SUPPORTER BAKER MORONS. As you will always bake cakes for raper priest klans roaming our streets. Following fake gods, does suck folks, as shown here by these losers. And costly as well. For what in the end? Just to show others
who are the sickest mental thinkers, walking the planet are. :happy-1:

1514507803842.jpg

Melissa and Aaron Klein have been ordered to pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple the bakers declined to make a cake for. (Courtesy Sweet Cakes by Melissa)
“Support Sweet Cakes by Melissa”, which raised over $100,000 before it was shut down by GoFundMe, who stated that the campaign was not compatible with their terms of service.

WOW? The cake would have made them a few bucks. But they wanted to give them a 135K Cash wedding gift..LOL!

BTW: Really, these folks still follow gods after the church paid out 600-1.3 billion in damages for raping kids. WTF is with that? Preist ASSAULT on children (rape) okay
and still follows fake lords. but if, two adults, legal ones, and their personal sexual relationship is not to be allowed, and protested by mentally sick bakers. WTF is with THAT?

I think the smarter thing to do would have been just to make the cake for the stupid Queers and put a little "surprise" in the frosting for them since they are too uppity simply to walk down the street and take their business to the next place!
I always thought they should've made a cake with some guy with turds all over his mouth suckling his partner. Take it or leave it. There is no law that says you must serve a GOOD homo cake.
And we see even more christian solutions.

>>>>
They offered to sell them to the dykes.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say anyone has to open a business supplying goods and/or services. However, if they do, there are certain rules they must follow.

Tell that to a Muslim bakery.

Make up your mind. Do you think religious nuts should be able to ignore the law or not?

Obama ignored the law did you rant about that?

Which PA laws did Former President Obama ignore?

Glad you agree.

No I didn't agree. I pointed out that under BOTH you silly scenerios the owners were still in violation of the law whether it his behavior based on sex or sexual orientation.

>>>>

What sex, what orientation?

Provide proof please.

He offered them one.

No they didn't. Go back and read the court documents and the Statement of Facts agreed to by the baker. They agreed to refused the production and sale of Wedding Cakes in both the Sweetcakes and Masterpiece cases.

>>>>

Forum List

Back