Oregon imposes gag order on Christian bakers in gay wedding case

In a fascist society it does. And it works in a dictatorship. Not in a free society.
Why so anxious to push your agenda on someone else? Don't you like freedom?

I've been celebrating freedom from religion for decades.

It's freedom OF religion, moron. You leftist assholes always get it wrong

Nope, Sassy. In my case, it is freedom FROM religion. Speak for yourself, Sunshine! For example, when I was growing up in Georgia, the only businesses that were allowed to remain open on Sundays were pharmacies, convenience stores and gas stations. That was just a small example of the kind of crap that I managed to escape from by the time I was 21.

Last edited:
In a fascist society it does. And it works in a dictatorship. Not in a free society.

Nope, Sassy. In my case, it is freedom FROM religion. Speak for yourself, Sunshine!

Go ride your tricycle, moron. Fecking dope

Nope, Sassy. In my case, it is freedom FROM religion. Speak for yourself, Sunshine!

As a matter of fact, I am. i am on my way to Culver's for a terrific hamburger. Back in 1965 in Atlanta, I was not able to do that on a Sunday. it was against the law.

As a matter of fact, I am. i am on my way to Culver's for a terrific hamburger. Back in 1965 in Atlanta, I was not able to do that on a Sunday. it was against the law.

You must be ancient, run along now.

All things considered, I suspect that they would have been better off baking and selling the cake.....

That's liberals for you, OBEY or be destroyed.

I would call it common sense. On one side, pay $135,000, break the law, and lose my business. On the other side, bake and sell a cake.

Decisions, decisions.....

How about I decide to stay true to my faith. Who are you to take away that right? As long as there is a gay baker and a gay florist willing to provide cakes and flowers and rainbows, why insist that a person of faith, set their faith aside or be punished?

Because there is nothing in the Christian Bible that says, "Thou shalt not bake a wedding cake for a woman who lies with a woman or a man who lies with a man", which means that it is not a tenant of your faith, but, instead, your choice to discriminate.

You don't know the Bible:

Titus 3:10
Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.

2 John 1:10
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Romans 16:17
And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

You have removed my ability to practice my faith. You have no right to do that in a free America.

There really is nothing in the Bible that says, "Thou shall not use electric". Amish shun electricity in their businesses. You are for electric. What gives you the right to insist that the Amish use electric just because you visit their stores?

Stop forcing your agenda on others. This is America. I have the right to bake or not bake cakes, and you have the right to buy or not buy cakes.
How has he removed your ability to practice your faith?

Much older, and wiser than you, my dear.....

Much older, and wiser than you, my dear.....

I learned my lessons from people much wiser than you, old timer. That's why you struggle today. Burnt out old hippie is nothing to crow about.

That's liberals for you, OBEY or be destroyed.

I would call it common sense. On one side, pay $135,000, break the law, and lose my business. On the other side, bake and sell a cake.

Decisions, decisions.....

How about I decide to stay true to my faith. Who are you to take away that right? As long as there is a gay baker and a gay florist willing to provide cakes and flowers and rainbows, why insist that a person of faith, set their faith aside or be punished?

Because there is nothing in the Christian Bible that says, "Thou shalt not bake a wedding cake for a woman who lies with a woman or a man who lies with a man", which means that it is not a tenant of your faith, but, instead, your choice to discriminate.

You don't know the Bible:

Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

You have removed my ability to practice my faith. You have no right to do that in a free America.

There really is nothing in the Bible that says, "Thou shall not use electric". Amish shun electricity in their businesses. You are for electric. What gives you the right to insist that the Amish use electric just because you visit their stores?

Stop forcing your agenda on others. This is America. I have the right to bake or not bake cakes, and you have the right to buy or not buy cakes.

Unfortunately for you, the Supreme Court Trumps your personal interpretation of the Bible. Sorry about that.

Only until we take over the court with conservative justices then you libs are screwed!

Nope, Sassy. In my case, it is freedom FROM religion. Speak for yourself, Sunshine! For example, when I was growing up in Georgia, the only businesses that were allowed to remain open on Sundays were pharmacies, convenience stores and gas stations. That was just a small example of the kind of crap that I managed to escape from by the time I was 21.

From, is your right. To prevent me from, not your right. Because I have freedom of.

As is your right, you have NO right to take away my right to celebrate religion.

Celebrate it in church, like most everyone else, not in the general public, where it impacts others.

:

Stop forcing your agenda on others. This is America. I have the right to bake or not bake cakes, and you have the right to buy or not buy cakes.[/QUOTE]

How has he removed your ability to practice your faith?[/QUOTE]

The agenda has superceded my right to practice my faith, and insists that I remove parts of my faith. I would have to change the three verses above to include, welcome, do whatever they want, and gravitate to them.
That is just 3 out of many verses.

Both groups are in America. Both have rights. One has the right to bake or not bake a cake. The other has the right to buy or not buy a cake. It should not infringe upon either any further than that.

:

How has he removed your ability to practice your faith?[/QUOTE]

The agenda has superceded my right to practice my faith, and insists that I remove parts of my faith. I would have to change the three verses above to include, welcome, do whatever they want, and gravitate to them.
That is just 3 out of many verses.

Both groups are in America. Both have rights. One has the right to bake or not bake a cake. The other has the right to buy or not buy a cake. It should not infringe upon either any further than that.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it may get tough for you. Better start saving up, if you live in Oregon.

As is your right, you have NO right to take away my right to celebrate religion.

Celebrate it in church, like most everyone else, not in the general public, where it impacts others.

So, you allow me to have my right, just not apply it to my life.... What right do you have to decide how I live my life? Inside or out side of a building. In Christianity, Christians ARE the church. You have just removed my right to practice my faith.
And have replaced it with your opinion. Do your values change when you leave your home and are out in public? Why must mine?

ignored again...
its why you will never learn anything.......you ignore your teachers......

No, I ignore people who threaten to kill me, on a public message board, and then have the nerve to cal themselves "Christians".
hm.....I forget which thread I did that in....can you point to it?......

You also seem to have forgotten that you are not the one to whom I replied, "Ignored, as usual"
.....you quoted me in the post....

ignored again...
its why you will never learn anything.......you ignore your teachers......

No, I ignore people who threaten to kill me, on a public message board, and then have the nerve to cal themselves "Christians".
hm.....I forget which thread I did that in....can you point to it?......

You also seem to have forgotten that you are not the one to whom I replied, "Ignored, as usual"
.....you quoted me in the post....

Look, Pro. Go back to post 184, and expand it. You will see that the last post was from another poster, which I quoted and replied to in post 185. That is all I have to say on the subject.

So, you allow me to have my right, just not apply it to my life.... What right do you have to decide how I live my life? Inside or out side of a building. In Christianity, Christians ARE the church. You have just removed my right to practice my faith.
And have replaced it with your opinion. Do your values change when you leave your home and are out in public? Why must mine?

The judge in this matter is guilty of violating the Christian couple's 1st Amendment civil rights, twice. First with telling them they couldn't exercise their faith in daily life and second, ordering them to shut up about having that right taken away.

The judge needs to be turned into the Oregon committee on judicial performance. Judges can't take away people's civil rights.

The judge in this matter is guilty of violating the Christian couple's 1st Amendment civil rights, twice. First with telling them they couldn't exercise their faith in daily life and second, ordering them to shut up about having that right taken away.

The judge needs to be turned into the Oregon committee on judicial performance. Judges can't take away people's civil rights.

Good luck!

Luck has nothing to do with it. This agenda is going to culminate in Christians being put to death. When the left cries Tolerance they really mean Tyranny. This is a seek and destroy.

I see, so be gay in a closet not in the general pubic where it impacts others.

Forum List

Back