Oregon: Muslim inmate sues state over failure to provide halal meals

So, can you tell us the major differences in halal and kosher?
Both religions have a strict prohibition against consuming pork products, and certain animals and birds.

But jewish kosher laws also forbid the eating of many sea and fresh water creatures. Whereas halal dietary laws allow the consumption of just about every type of water creature. ..... :cool:

Jews also don't eat meat and dairy together, which is not an issue for Muslims. I read that most Muslims consider kosher food to be halal. The Muslim prisoner could've just ordered kosher food. Most Jews in prison are there for white-collar crimes (like Bernie Madoff), and not murder or rape.

Once again, we're not discussing Jews, or Christians, or any other religion. The OP is about Islam. Let's stay on topic.

RWNJ, you must love being stomped on, because you keep asking for it. The circumstances of this lawsuit apply equally to Jews. And, it's fair to point out that you're a fcking hypocrite, shithead, in hating the people of one false religion while worshiping people of a similar false religion.

Both religions have a strict prohibition against consuming pork products, and certain animals and birds.

But jewish kosher laws also forbid the eating of many sea and fresh water creatures. Whereas halal dietary laws allow the consumption of just about every type of water creature. ..... :cool:

So, in other words, six of one, half dozen of the other.

I guarantee that they don't get such high quality meals anyway for this to be a problem.

I talked to someone who had been in prison for 5 years and will not touch chicken in any way shape or form since he had it for about 2/3rds of his meals while incarcerated.
I know how he feels. When I left the Navy, I promised myself I'd never touch another paintbrush. A promise I've kept for the last 18 years.

Choose your rate, choose your fate. I was on active duty in the Navy for almost 12 years and never touched a paint brush!

I talked to someone who had been in prison for 5 years and will not touch chicken in any way shape or form since he had it for about 2/3rds of his meals while incarcerated.
Interesting factoid.

Back when Alcatraz was open in the 1930's or 40's the inmates once rioted over being feed lobster every day. Lobster was considered like a trash sea creature from the ocean and the public wouldn't eat them. So the prison could buy lobster 2 for a quarter from the local fishermen, and feed the inmates on the cheap.

My oh my, how times and tastes have changed. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Back when Alcatraz was open in the 1930's or 40's the inmates rioted over being feed lobster every day. Lobster was considered like a trash sea creature from the ocean and the public wouldn't eat them. So the prison could buy lobster 2 for a quarter from the local fishermen, and feed the inmates on the cheap.

It's interesting how the price of something has a lot to do with how much people covet it. When lobsters were cheap, people recognized them for the lousy food they are. When they're expensive, they're an enjoyed delicacy. If Apple reduced the prices of their over-priced phones and other crap, they'd lose sales, rather than gain sales.

I read that most Muslims consider kosher food to be halal.
That is correct.

When I'm traveling and can find a Halal restaurant.

I have no problem eating at a Kosher deli.

Another choice is to dine at an Indian establishment because most of them are vegetarian. .... :cool:

He will win the lawsuit and the state will be forced to provide him with halal meals. ..... :thup: ... :cool:

Probably----but kosher pak is a NEW PHENOMENON------since the inception of the USA and until very recently----anyone in the big house who needed kosher------needed jews willing to bring it to them. The muzzie dog COULD eat kosher-pak-------but I assure you THE MUZZIE WILL COMPLAIN-------kosher paks are worse than
MRE's

I guarantee that they don't get such high quality meals anyway for this to be a problem.

I know how he feels. When I left the Navy, I promised myself I'd never touch another paintbrush. A promise I've kept for the last 18 years.

Choose your rate, choose your fate. I was on active duty in the Navy for almost 12 years and never touched a paint brush!
I was a gunners mate. I thought I'd be working on weapons systems. Unfortunately, my ship was in dry dock when I first got there. We had to chip, sand, and paint a Battleship...inside and out. Didn't matter what rating you were.

Judaism is a real religion and Jews don't go around killing people just because they are not Jewish. So, no.

Shithead, Talmudism is not a real religion. And, Jews do go around exploiting others.
Asswipe, learn to read before you embarrass your ignorant ass. I said killing, not exploiting. Judaism and Christianity are the only real religions that worship the one true God.

I was a gunners mate. I thought I'd be working on weapons systems. Unfortunately, my ship was in dry dock when I first got there. We had to chip, sand, and paint a Battleship...inside and out. Didn't matter what rating you were.

Yeah, I know how that goes. Fortunately I was an officer most of my career so the closest I got was when my CO threatened me and the missile officer with having to repaint the deck around the missile launcher after we launched a long-range SM-2ER missile shoot in the Caribbean. At the time, it was the longest in Navy history. Our two divisions said they would do it because they liked us so much! Those were some great sailors!

Last edited:
Judaism and Christianity are the only real religions that worship the one true God.
Actually, only Judaism and Islam are monotheistic and worship the one true God.

Christianity is polytheistic and worships a man as a diety in addition to God. .... :cool:

Judaism and Christianity are the only real religions that worship the one true God.

Christianity is polytheistic and worships a man as a diety in addition to God. .... :cool:

Why don't you shut up about things you don't know?

I was impressed with your lobster story but stay in your own religion, because you apparently don't know shit about that topic.

Hmm. Losers in jail want to pick and chose their punishments like they choose their victims? It doesn't work that way. We sort of tell reprobate criminals what flavor crow they EAT. And if it violates their...hoodoo, well tough. Like that.

islam is polytheistic Muslims not only worship the rapist Muhummad-----they kill people whom
they imagine "insulted" the dead rapist. Just "insulting" the relatives of the rapist pig is a
"capital" crime in that silly cult------even the whore FARTIMAH

Forum List

Back