Originalism, which Amy Coney Barrett espouses, simply means the words of the Constitution are the law.

LMAO, no where in the Constitution did the founders conflate the rights of the people with States rights and powers or the powers granted to the federal government. The people always carries a meaning of individual citizens.

First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Thanks for pointing that out. As Texas said, rights are "individual rights" and not "group" rights. The exercise of religion is an individual right, and not a group right, which means they can impose limits on how big a group can exercise that right together.

Perhaps you should do some research on the topic. The effect is they got 40% less congressional representation than they would have, had they gotten their way of counting all slaves as a person. With the passage of the 14th Amendment they actually gained representatives.
Nope. The northern states argued that they should therefore count their pigs and cows as "people" since they held the same standing under law as slaves.

See Scott v Sandford USSC Judge Taney opinion of the court.

That decision was issued almost 80 years after the Constitution was enacted. You got anything relevant to the constitutional debates?
You claimed the southern states lost representation. They actually got 60% more than they were entitled to under the law that existed until the 13th amendment.

What did you not understand about the 3/5ths clause being a compromise to get the southern States to ratify the Constitution. There would have been no Constitution without it.

So tell the class how a subpoena, granted to a prosecutor and signed by a judge is any different than a search warrant issued to law enforcement and signed by a judge. Probable cause has to be demonstrated in both cases.
The same would hold for phone records. They are also business records the government can subpoena. The person has no expectation that when and who he's making phone calls to will remain private.

Decided in 2010, in a 5-to-4 decision, the Supreme Court held that corporate funding of independent political broadcasts in candidate elections cannot be limited, because doing so would violate the First Amendment.

I thought the first amendment was an individual, not a corporate (group) right.

The constitution is clear in that people are allowed to petition Congress. Duh.

Corporations themselves, however are not people with collective rights.

An owner of a corporation represents the corporation as an Individual. Therefore said owner may petition congress.

But keep spitting out responses, eventualy we'll guide you to the revelation that is avoiding you.

That's how I like to do it anyway.

It was already ruled that bank records like deposit slips are not personal records, but business records. The same with checks. You have no right to privacy against the bank disclosing them.
Link?

Why do I think the idiot meaner gene will disappear?
You're getting slow with that shit. I already posted the case 15 minutes before you asked for a link.

Ther are no such things as group rights. There are only Individual rights. Rights don't come as groups. They come as individuals.

Educate yourself, you look silly. Respectfully speaking.
In the 2010 case Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (FEC), the most sweeping expansion of corporate rights yet

Corporations are GROUPS, and citizens united granted them collective group rights.

Bullshit, Citizens United was about the government suppressing the release of a movie that was critical of the bitch. Similarly the government argued in the case they had the authority to suppress books that espoused political opinions.
Decided in 2010, in a 5-to-4 decision, the Supreme Court held that corporate funding of independent political broadcasts in candidate elections cannot be limited, because doing so would violate the First Amendment.

I thought the first amendment was an individual, not a corporate (group) right.

Background
The case arose in 2008 when Citizens United, a conservative nonprofit corporation, released the documentary Hillary: The Movie, which was highly critical of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, a candidate for the 2008 Democratic nomination for president of the United States. Citizens United wished to distribute the film through video-on-demand services to cable television subscribers within a 30-day period before the start of the 2008 Democratic primary elections and to advertise the film in three specially produced television commercials.

LMAO, no where in the Constitution did the founders conflate the rights of the people with States rights and powers or the powers granted to the federal government. The people always carries a meaning of individual citizens.

First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Thanks for pointing that out. As Texas said, rights are "individual rights" and not "group" rights. The exercise of religion is an individual right, and not a group right, which means they can impose limits on how big a group can exercise that right together.
You love demonstrating what a moron you are, dontcha?

Individuals gathering are protected.

Please quote the part of the Constitution that says "If you have X number of people together, the individual right to exercise your freedom of religion is denied".

I'll await your dumbass spin..................

It was already ruled that bank records like deposit slips are not personal records, but business records. The same with checks. You have no right to privacy against the bank disclosing them.
Link?

Why do I think the idiot meaner gene will disappear?
You're getting slow with that shit. I already posted the case 15 minutes before you asked for a link.
That link didn't back up your bullshit. Get a real one, Moron.

What did you not understand about the 3/5ths clause being a compromise to get the southern States to ratify the Constitution. There would have been no Constitution without it.

Let's look at what it meant.
0/5ths, southern states don't count slaves, and slaves don't get to vote.

3/5ths, southern states get 60% more representation, and slaves don't get to vote.

5/5ths, southern states get what they're entitled to, and slaves get to vote.

3/5ths was the bribe to the south to get them 60% more (not 40% less) while not allowing slaves to vote.

Remember in states like Mississippi, there were more slaves, than voters.

Wow child, you need to get away from the boxed wine and the bong, your posts are getting crazy.

So tell the class how a subpoena, granted to a prosecutor and signed by a judge is any different than a search warrant issued to law enforcement and signed by a judge. Probable cause has to be demonstrated in both cases.
The same would hold for phone records. They are also business records the government can subpoena. The person has no expectation that when and who he's making phone calls to will remain private.

Under the 4th Amendment they all remain private without due process.

An owner of a corporation represents the corporation as an Individual. Therefore said owner may petition congress.

I went over it. Citizens united gave corporations the rights normally held for individuals. Such as contributing to political candidates.

I went over it. Citizens united gave corporations the rights normally held for individuals. Such as contributing to political candidates.
Um, Unions have been contributing to candidates for decades, you blithering nincompoop.

Please quote the part of the Constitution that says "If you have X number of people together, the individual right to exercise your freedom of religion is denied".

I'll await your dumbass spin..................
I'm going with OKtexas that the 1st amendment is an individual right.

No, it didn't changed a damn thing relating to candidate contributions. The only thing it changed was the ability of corporations and PACs to produce advocacy ads within 30 days of a primary and 60 days before a general election. The court said it was a violation of free speech.

Are you saying unions should have their income taxed like they are corporations? If not, why not?

They don't make a profit, so like Trump they wouldn't pay taxes anyway. That provision only allows them to carry money past the fiscal year.

Forum List

Back