Orthodox Christianity, False Teachers, Faith, and Reason

Yes God gives each of us talents to increase and use for his purposes. God gives each of us ministries and spiritual gifts to use to complete them. I have been very clear that all are not called to preach, all are not called to teach, all are not called to do any one ministry. But you seemed to hold up Geisler, for instance, as apostolic authority. I don't even as I believe God can use Geisler to teach me and perhaps can use me to teach Geisler.

And how do you know that the Catholic gospel is incomplete? Who has the authority to say that? Who gave such authority his authority?

You said in your previous post:
"When you break apostolic authority, I have to lump what you’re doing in the category of “Abberant Christianity” because you’re breaking rank so if you aren’t obeying Jesus’ authority He gave the apostles then you are scattering or." Yet you reject the Roman Catholic Church though no Christian tradition has been more faithful to apostolic authority than have the Roman Catholics.

So let's try to stay on a single track here, okay? You held up Norman Geisler as an authority. But he didn't write the Bible. So where does he get his authority? And now you say to stick with the Bible.

I am sticking with the Bible in making my arguments too. And yet you disagree with me. How can that be?

Dr. Geisler is qualified to teach. I didn't say he is perfect or he has apostolic authority.

When I say "Apostle" or "Apostolic authority", I mean that you have to be witnesses to the things in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ or you have to have seen the risen Christ which was a one time event thousands of years ago to have been an apostle.

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the fllock."-Acts 20:29

"..the epistles of 2 Peter and Jude (among the last New Testament books written) exhort believers to avoid false doctrines by recalling the teachings of the New Testament apostles (2 Peter 1:12-15; 2:1; 3:2, 14-16; Jude 3,4,17-19)."-Dr. Ron Rhodes, p 350, The Complete Book of Bible Answers

Peter thought the office of apostolic authority was ending in his day

2 Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Peter didn't say to listen to apostles or teachers say today but tells us to remember what the apostles said. That is why their patterns are followed and why we won't follow someone like you into uncharted territory.

Jude 1:3 ¶ Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

The faith was once delivered to us. We don't need it handed down by a modern day apostle or you. Our faith is complete. We don't need you.

:clap2:

There is only one way. Not many, Loa. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man comes to the Father except through the Son.

JC: I and the Father are one. - He who has seen Me has seen the Father…

“Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?”

“My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

There is only one way. Not many

is that simply put one can only be pure of Spirit at death for all that there is to be learned - and that learning is by the Senses given by God at Birth of which Text is not included ?

The terms of friendship is that relationships are reciprocol or complimentary.
God commanded, “love thy neighbor as thyself”. He did not put any stipulations on it. It would be a selfish God who would command we love only those who reciprocate their love. I interpret the commandment to mean love thy fellow man in the sense we value and appreciate our fellow beings.

I would appreciate your input, FoxFire. Count me in as one who very much enjoys reading your thoughts on these subjects.

It isn't love to offer me their own ideas instead of God's words. It is selfishness.
It wouldn't be love for me to say it is okay because there is a hell and not only you but others are in danger going there.
Would you love Satan and the fallen angels?
Do you love false things and error? Do you love friendship for the sake of evil? I don't love evil so therefore I can't love you as YOURSELF. I have to love you by saying it is evil and you are on the wrong path because love doesn't encourage you to goto hell.
You dont love truth so therefore you won't love me as yourself, pacer.

There is only one way. Not many, Loa. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man comes to the Father except through the Son.

is that simply put one can only be pure of Spirit at death for all that there is to be learned - and that learning is by the Senses given by God at Birth of which Text is not included ?

God wouldn't look on sin even when placed on Himself. God forsaken by God. Who can understand it?

It isn't love to offer me their own ideas instead of God's words. It is selfishness.
It wouldn't be love for me to say it is okay because there is a hell and not only you but others are in danger going there.
Do you love false things and error? Do you love friendship for the sake of evil? I don't love evil so therefore I can't love you as YOURSELF. I have to love you by saying it is evil and you are on the wrong path because love doesn't encourage you to goto hell.
You insist there is only one interpretation of the Bible. Can you please provide scriptural references for the stipulations God put on loving thy neighbor, as outlined above.

God commanded, “love thy neighbor as thyself”. He did not put any stipulations on it. It would be a selfish God who would command we love only those who reciprocate their love. I interpret the commandment to mean love thy fellow man in the sense we value and appreciate our fellow beings.

I would appreciate your input, FoxFire. Count me in as one who very much enjoys reading your thoughts on these subjects.

It does not surprise me that you seek out fellowship with Foxfyre and applaud his teachings, as a man is known by the company he keeps, Pacer. The workers of darkness prefer fellowship one with another just as the saints of God prefer each others company.

Pacer, The Holy Spirit pointed you out to me some time ago - that you are one such as Bar Jesus whom the Apostle Paul did rebuke openly in Acts 13: 9,10. By your own writings on this board you have openly denied the Lord Jesus Christ, mocked God and the Written Word of God, denied the very existence of God according to Scripture, stood in the way of others who desired to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and now come onto this thread presenting yourself as an angel of light!

Truly the pit you and those like you have dug for others on this board is the very one you, yourselves shall fall into. So be forewarned.... If you should decide to go forth with provoking the LORD to anger by these actions of yours, the Prophet Ezekiel has a warning that is for all who do what you have done and are even now doing:

It is written:

He said to me, "Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you." As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.

He said, Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me, they and their fathers have been in revolt against me to this very day. The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate, stubborn, Say to them, This is what the Sovereign LORD says, And whether they listen or fail to listen - for they are a rebellious house - they will know full well a prophet has been among them. And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house. You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. - Ezekiel 2: 1 - 7

And again,

It is written:

He then said to me: Son of man, go now to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel - not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language,whose words you cannot understand, Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you. But the house of Israel is not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for the whole house of Israel is hardened and obstinate. But I will make you unyielding and hardened as they are. I will make your forehead like flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house.

And he said to me, Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you. Go now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them, Say to them, This is what the Sovereign LORD says, whether they listen or fail to listen. - Ezekiel 3: 4-11

And here now is the warning to the House of Israel and to this Jew who like Bar Jesus opposes the Gospel of Jesus Christ and has yet to realize he is not striving against a man nor a woman but rather the Spirit of God Almighty!!

It is written,

Son of man, I have set thee as a watchman for the house of Israel, so hear the word I speak and give them this warning from me.

When I say to a wicked man, You shall surely die, and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man shall die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

But if you warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his evil ways, he will die for his sin but you will have saved yourself.

Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took the warning and you will have saved yourself. Ezekiel 3:17-21

Now I say to you, Pacer, turn from your wickedness and live. Repent and the Lord shall forgive you.

And to Foxfyre, I will give this final warning about one who turns from the Lord and spreads false teachings to those who are unaware of the craftiness that is being used to lure them in.. turn from your sin now and repent unto the Lord and he shall be merciful and forgive you.

I have delivered the warning and know that the Lord will not hold me accountable for whatever transpires after this.

My prayer is that both of you will heed this warning from the Lord, repent and be saved.

- Karen

Last edited:
It does not surprise me that you seek out fellowship with Foxfyre and applaud his teachings, as a man is known by the company he keeps, Pacer.
Thank you. I take it as a compliment. FoxFyre has presented his views in a most intelligent and eloquent manner. He has earned my respect.

Very well said, Chuck. Not every who uses the scriptures, is of God. We must test the spirits.

It is written:

Beloved, believe not every spirit but "try" the spirits whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Hereby ye know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God and this is that spirit of anti christ, whereof ye have heard it should come; and even now already it is in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.

They are of the world, therefore they speak of the world, and the world hears them.

We are of God, he that knoweth God hears us, he that is not of God heareth us not.

Hereby know we the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. - 1 John 4: 1-6

And again it is written:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

And there are three that bear witness in the earth. the spirit, and the water, and the blood and these three agree in one.

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater, for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself, he that believeth not God hath made him a liar, because he believeth not the record God gave of his Son.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and that life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life, and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe in the Son of God.

- 1 John 5: 7-13

Last edited:
You insist there is only one interpretation of the Bible. Can you please provide scriptural references for the stipulations God put on loving thy neighbor, as outlined above.

You forgot the commandment to "Defraud not". You want to pick and choose but the fact is if you offend in one point, you are guilty of all (James 2:10). You are defrauding people of the truth by using the law improperly.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mark 10:19 You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.'"

(Love) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

You might claim you aren't rejoicing but you are thriving in iniquity which is the definition of rejoiceth:

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Love does not seek it's own way and your love is seeking your own way and not God's way:

New International Version
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

1 Corinthians 13:5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

King James Bible
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

1 Timothy 1:8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.

You aren't using the law properly.

The NT warns against divisions and factionalism and I have always viewed the differences between Christians in the following way: we are a body and it makes sense to me that a 'head' may need a different sort of training and environment than a 'hand' does.

Loa,

The false teachers are the ones causing the division.

We follow Christ.

Chuck

God wouldn't look on sin even when placed on Himself. God forsaken by God. Who can understand it?

well, for those who similarly find faults with the Bible, "lama sabachthani" is not surprising even when queried by JC himself .:eusa_hand: . perhaps the Carpenter confused being pure from sin as the same as ... being God - as many Carpenters do.

Chuck, why would you base your life on Text that is not a gift from God (at birth) - rather than scripture what corroborations for your beliefs do you find in life otherwise, such as found in the Garden ?

God wouldn't look on sin even when placed on Himself.

?? someone "placed" sin on JC - that is a bit hard to understand, C.

Chuckt: ... because there is a hell and not only you but others are in danger going there.

isn't that a contradiction - for some the very reason God exists is so there will be no Hell in the Everlasting but everything otherwise.

You forgot the commandment to "Defraud not". You want to pick and choose but the fact is if you offend in one point, you are guilty of all (James 2:10). You are defrauding people of the truth by using the law improperly.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mark 10:19 You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.'"

You might claim you aren't rejoicing but you are thriving in iniquity which is the definition of rejoiceth:

Love does not seek it's own way and your love is seeking your own way and not God's way:

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

1 Corinthians 13:5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

King James Bible

None of the references you provided relates to the commandment, 'love thy neighbor'. God placed no stipulations.

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second greatest commandment is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

King James Bible

None of the references you provided relates to the commandment, 'love thy neighbor'. God placed no stipulations.

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second greatest commandment is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

It isn't love because it is subterfuge because you have an alterior motive.

It isn't love because it is subterfuge because you have an alterior motive.
Mankind has no ulterior motive. Humanity has no ulterior motive. The commandment in my view refers to loving all of mankind, humanity as a whole, loving thy fellow man, not individual persons or family or friends or the guy/gal next door. Your interpretation is a very narrow view of what constitutes 'loving thy neighbor'.

It does not surprise me that you seek out fellowship with Foxfyre and applaud his teachings, as a man is known by the company he keeps, Pacer.
Thank you. I take it as a compliment. FoxFyre has presented his views in a most intelligent and eloquent manner. He has earned my respect.

Gaining your respect is an indictment of guilt not a blessing, Pacer.

Moses was not an eloquent man. Nevertheless, Moses was the man God chose to use to deliver his people out of the hands of Pharoah. God does not need "intellect or eloquence" to persuade the hearts of men. God needs willing vessels empty of themselves and free of all ulterior motives and agendas. Men who will speak His Word without adding to it, taking away from it, or twisting it in order to obtain the praises of men or achieve their own agenda.

On the subject of Pharoahs, it is written:

And Pharoah said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? And Pharoah said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art. Genesis 41: 38, 39

Whose wisdom did Joseph depend upon? Not his own wisdom. The Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation according to Ephesians 1: 17. What does Wisdom cry out? Prov. 1:20-33

And it is written:

And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither theretofore, nor since thou has spoken unto thy servant, but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh dumb, or deaf, or the seeing blind? Have not I the LORD?

Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

- Exodus 4: 12

And it is written:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with a hot iron. - 1 Timothy 4: 1,2

And it is written:

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who will privily bring damnable heresies, even the denying the Lord that brought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways, by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetnousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you, whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

For if God did not spare the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment. And spared not the old world but saved Noah, the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly,
And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemning them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly.

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: ( For that righteous man dwelleth among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds. )

For the Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.
- 2 Peter 2: 1 - 9

And it is written:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken of holy prophets and of the commandments of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, Wherby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished.
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3: 2 - 7

And, finally, it is written:

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despiseth Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?

For we know him that hath said, VENGEANCE BELONGETH UNTO ME, I WILL RECOMPENSE, Saith the Lord. And again, THE LORD SHALL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. - Hebrews 10: 26 - 31

REPENT!

Last edited:
Luke 9
46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”
50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”

Samaritan Opposition

51 As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem. 52 And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; 53 but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. 54 When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them[b]?” 55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them. 56 Then he and his disciples went to another village.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

wonder what Jesus was trying to teach His disciples above? are you following Jesus's lesson?

Last edited:
Foxfyre,

Discipleship is about following Jesus. When we do things our own way, I don’t think we’re always following Jesus. The reason we get baptized is to show we are dead to ourselves and you're still making decisions for yourself.

Matthew 16:24 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Everyone claims they didn’t have a Bible in the first century but the disciples had the Apostles themselves which was the oral Bible if it wasn’t on parchment already:

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Paul gave the foundation of the church to read the Bible:

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

They followed Jesus so we are supposed to follow the Apostles as an example to know we were following Jesus:

2 Thessalonians 3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

Philippians 3:17 ¶ Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

When you break apostolic authority, I have to lump what you’re doing in the category of “Abberant Christianity” because you’re breaking rank so if you aren’t obeying Jesus’ authority He gave the apostles then you are scattering or.

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

If you’re not with us then you are drawing disciples away after yourself because you aren’t drawing disciples to follow us.

Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

That is what I see. There is no need for further questions.

Chuck

Okay, then come, let us reason together.

First, if you are of the school of apostolic authority, I believe God blesses your convictions. The Roman Catholic Church is structured on that very theory--though it was not until 1870 and the first Vatican Council that the doctrine of papal infallibility was formally defined. The Roman Catholic Church has long held, however, that the Pope is a direct descendant of Peter and retains apostolic authority. Does God approve this way of thinking? I don't know but he has not given that understanding to me and millions of others. But has the Roman Catholic Church born the brunt of preserving the faith over the millenia on its shoulders? Yes it has. God uses the faithful regardless of their differences of theological belief and I believe the Roman Catholic Church is his Church as much as any other Christian traditions.

But in my opinion, there is as much danger in making of any human an idol, even the Apostles, as there is danger in exalting the Bible to idol status. I believe the Apostle Paul and others warned us of that very thing.

John says in his first epistle: ". . .the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any many teach you" (IJohn 2:27) which of course means that we should not have teachers and preachers, but that we need no human intercessor between us and the Holy Spirit; between us and the living Christ.

Too many submit to certain people who exalt themselves as God's generals. Some draw people in with their charisma and they invent doctrines for people to follow and insert extra biblical commandments to derail our direct connection to God and lift themselves up as the authority. In Chapter 15 Matthew quotes Jesus as saying ". . .They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men"(9) and . . .then in Verse 14: ". . .Leave them. They are blind guides. If a blind guide leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

In John's 3rd Epistle, he uses the example of Diotrephes who set himself up as a spiritual leader between his congregation and God.

God uses godly men and women to teach us and I have learned much from what he has given them to teach me. But those in tune with the Holy Spirit must always be aware of that nudge that informs us that what we are hearing or reading isn't quite right. As John also said: test the spirits and know that they are from God.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

God has given us teachers. Not everyone is meant to teach us.

The Catholic gospel is incomplete. We don't follow the Catholic church.

2 Timothy 3:8 KJV
King James Version
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2 Timothy 3:8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also - Online Bible Study Tools

We don't follow other gospels or other versions of the truth including your own. That is why I will stick with the Bible.

Exactly. Very well said, Chuck.

:clap2:

Luke 9
46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”

Samaritan Opposition

51 As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem. 52 And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; 53 but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. 54 When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them[b]?” 55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them. 56 Then he and his disciples went to another village.

wonder what Jesus was trying to teach His disciples above? are you following Jesus's lesson?
Luke 9, I interpret to mean we are all God's children; all equal in God's eyes. No one is greater than the next.

The Samaritan Opposition is an excellent illustration of loving thy neighbor, loving thy fellow man.

Luke 9

Samaritan Opposition

John 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Forum List

Back