Our Deceiver-in-Chief!

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I can't help but ask the following question: What's the problem?

Is Trump simply unaware that he speaks falsehoods, or is he unconcerned about what is and isn't true?

I mean, is Trump delusional, or is he a classic propagandist who will say anything if he believes it serves his interests?

Regardless, this is something that should not be allowed to continue. If Trump continues on this course, I believe he should be required to submit to a psychological exam, and quite possibly his eventual removal from office due to his apparent unfitness to serve.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump continues to decry a record-high murder rate that simply doesn't exist.

The President said Tuesday that the US murder rate "is the highest it's been in 47 years."
"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during a meeting with US sheriffs at the White House. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

Reality Check: Trump misleads when it comes to rising crime rates

But the reason there's no reporting on a 45- or 47-year high murder rate is because the US murder rate isn't even close to such record highs.

Trump repeatedly cited this faulty figure during his presidential campaign as he sought to paint the US as besieged by crime unseen in decades presenting his leadership as necessary to clean up the country.

The reality is that the US murder rate in 2015, the latest full year available, was lower than it was 45 years prior.

Trump lays out 'urban renewal proposals' alongside bleak portrayal of black America

The US did experience its highest one-year increase in the murder rate in half a century between 2014 and 2015.

Trump falsely claims US murder rate is 'highest' in 47 years - CNNPolitics.com

FBI: US Homicide Rate at 51-Year Low

Last edited:
In some cases Trump outright lies...even when he doesn't have to

At other times, he is spouting conspiracy theories and urban legends like they are reality. I doubt if he can tell the difference

Is Trump simply unaware that he speaks falsehoods, or is he unconcerned about what is and isn't true?

I mean, is Trump delusional, or is he a classic propagandist who will say anything if he believes it serves his interests?

Regardless, this is something that should not be allowed to continue. If Trump continues on this course, I believe he should be required to submit to a psychological exam, and quite possibly his eventual removal from office due to his apparent unfitness to serve.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump continues to decry a record-high murder rate that simply doesn't exist.

The President said Tuesday that the US murder rate "is the highest it's been in 47 years."
"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during a meeting with US sheriffs at the White House. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

But the reason there's no reporting on a 45- or 47-year high murder rate is because the US murder rate isn't even close to such record highs.

Trump repeatedly cited this faulty figure during his presidential campaign as he sought to paint the US as besieged by crime unseen in decades presenting his leadership as necessary to clean up the country.

The reality is that the US murder rate in 2015, the latest full year available, was lower than it was 45 years prior.

Trump lays out 'urban renewal proposals' alongside bleak portrayal of black America

The US did experience its highest one-year increase in the murder rate in half a century between 2014 and 2015.

Try running a qualified, electable candidate next time. Elections have consequences, snowflake.

I'm not going to CNN, I thought the FBI wasn't to be trusted now that Hillary lost and if Trump believes in a set of numbers he isn't lying.

Do you have any other source than CNN?

I just don't trust the way they spin stories anymore, sorry.

Otherwise, I can't participate in your thread.

At other times, he is spouting conspiracy theories and urban legends like they are reality. I doubt if he can tell the difference

It's common practice that a presidential speech will be fact-checked in order to make sure that the president doesn't cite numbers or facts and figures that are demonstrably untrue. One of the reasons is the simple fact that the credibility of the US president in times of doubt and crisis is considered to be far too important to throw away carelessly and needlessly on unimportant matters. The simple truth is that once the credibility of the president has been frittered away, he won't be able to convince anyone of anything when it really matters.

It's common practice that a presidential speech will be fact-checked in order to make sure that the president doesn't cite numbers or facts and figures that are demonstrably untrue. One of the reasons is the simple fact that the credibility of the US president in times of doubt and crisis is considered to be far too important to throw away carelessly and needlessly on unimportant matters. The simple truth is that once the credibility of the president has been frittered away, he won't be able to convince anyone of anything when it really matters.
After 8 years of Obama you have the balls to say that?

O did this for 8 years.

Actually, he didn't

No President in history has ever lied with the frequency that Trump does

laugh-out-loud-clipart-ds5wnH-clipart.gif

Great supporting documentation.

The data also seem to show that rising gun purchases are related to the fall in homicide.

Regarding DJT, I think he is used to shooting from the hip without doing research first.

His ideas are frozen at some point in time in the past, apparently.

He is right about a few things however that BHO failed to consider:

1 - US infrastructure is badly in need of improvement.

2 - US infrastructure improvement can stimulate lots of job growth.

3 - Money spent on foreign allies is money wasted because they are not paying a fair share at all.

4 - Security of the Mexican border is woefully lax.

5 - Lots of crime is caused by Mexican dope exportation.

6 - People want to see ACA improved not repealed.

7 - China has been allowed to take a vast amount of US jobs.

8 - Mexico and Canada have benefitted more from NAFTA than the US has.

9 - Muslims contain within their numbers terrorist threats, although so far it has not been a significant amount -- only a handful in the US so far.

So overall even though he has some misconceptions of his own, he is already an infinitely better POTUS than was BHO, "W", or Clinton, or GHW Bush.

O did this for 8 years.
No, he did not.

Yes, yes he did too!

9 Biggest Lies Obama Told In His DNC Speech

Those are not lies. They are subjective opinions that disagree with his opinions. You will have to do better than that. What you have presented is lame.

Bull poo. They were outright lies and if you had an honest bone in your body you would acknowledge that fact.

Try running a qualified, electable candidate next time. Elections have consequences, snowflake.

Soft headed useful (well, now unuseful, therefore just plain...) idiots like Mustang can't help it, they admire criminals and want to follow them around. They're afraid of decent people, they don't like to see those people in control of anything because they know that when decent, hardworking people are in control, the losers like him are held accountable for their douchebaggery.

Trump has lost credibility to the degree that the first impulse on anything he says is ....Trumps lying again

It seems funny now, but he will not be believed or trusted anywhere in the world

O did this for 8 years.
No, he did not.

Yes, yes he did too!

Those are not lies. They are subjective opinions that disagree with his opinions. You will have to do better than that. What you have presented is lame.

Bull poo. They were outright lies and if you had an honest bone in your body you would acknowledge that fact.
Your link is highly subjective. In any case, you presented what you call 9 lies made in a speech, not 8 years worth of daily lies. Not prolific serial lies and a pathological lying history. Trump is setting all-time records for lying in just his first few weeks in office. So far, every speech he gives includes at least one lie and sometimes multiple lies.

Trump has lost credibility to the degree that the first impulse on anything he says is ....Trumps lying again

It seems funny now, but he will not be believed or trusted anywhere in the world

These falsehoods or outright lies aren't even remotely close to being open to more than one interpretation. What's more mystifying still, is that long after Trump first states these falsehood, he repeats them as if nobody on his staff had bothered to correct him or, even if they had, he simply chose to ignore them.

From everything I've ever read about Trump, he's played fast and loose with the truth for decades. But getting away with idle boasts which are little more than grandiose lies made during private conversations while in the course of running a personal real estate empire is nothing compared to fabricating easily disprovable statistics and doing so on camera while being the head of state even as 100s of millions of people can fact check your every word. How and why Trump thinks he can get away with it while not irreparably damaging his credibility in the process comes as close to certifiably delusional thinking as I've ever seen in any president.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back