Our Deceiver-in-Chief!

In some cases Trump outright lies...even when he doesn't have to

At other times, he is spouting conspiracy theories and urban legends like they are reality. I doubt if he can tell the difference

It's common practice that a presidential speech will be fact-checked in order to make sure that the president doesn't cite numbers or facts and figures that are demonstrably untrue. One of the reasons is the simple fact that the credibility of the US president in times of doubt and crisis is considered to be far too important to throw away carelessly and needlessly on unimportant matters. The simple truth is that once the credibility of the president has been frittered away, he won't be able to convince anyone of anything when it really matters.

Trump has lost credibility to the degree that the first impulse on anything he says is ....Trumps lying again

It seems funny now, but he will not be believed or trusted anywhere in the world

These falsehoods or outright lies aren't even remotely close to being open to more than one interpretation. What's more mystifying still, is that long after Trump first states these falsehood, he repeats them as if nobody on his staff had bothered to correct him or, even if they had, he simply chose to ignore them.

From everything I've ever read about Trump, he's played fast and loose with the truth for decades. But getting away with idle boasts which are little more than grandiose lies made during private conversations while in the course of running a personal real estate empire is nothing compared to fabricating easily disprovable statistics and doing so on camera while being the head of state even as 100s of millions of people can fact check your every word. How and why Trump thinks he can get away with it while not irreparably damaging his credibility in the process comes as close to certifiably delusional thinking as I've ever seen in any president.

"YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR!"

At other times, he is spouting conspiracy theories and urban legends like they are reality. I doubt if he can tell the difference

It's common practice that a presidential speech will be fact-checked in order to make sure that the president doesn't cite numbers or facts and figures that are demonstrably untrue. One of the reasons is the simple fact that the credibility of the US president in times of doubt and crisis is considered to be far too important to throw away carelessly and needlessly on unimportant matters. The simple truth is that once the credibility of the president has been frittered away, he won't be able to convince anyone of anything when it really matters.

Trump has lost credibility to the degree that the first impulse on anything he says is ....Trumps lying again

It seems funny now, but he will not be believed or trusted anywhere in the world

These falsehoods or outright lies aren't even remotely close to being open to more than one interpretation. What's more mystifying still, is that long after Trump first states these falsehood, he repeats them as if nobody on his staff had bothered to correct him or, even if they had, he simply chose to ignore them.

From everything I've ever read about Trump, he's played fast and loose with the truth for decades. But getting away with idle boasts which are little more than grandiose lies made during private conversations while in the course of running a personal real estate empire is nothing compared to fabricating easily disprovable statistics and doing so on camera while being the head of state even as 100s of millions of people can fact check your every word. How and why Trump thinks he can get away with it while not irreparably damaging his credibility in the process comes as close to certifiably delusional thinking as I've ever seen in any president.

You say that as if it was a known and provable lie at the time Obama said it. It wasn't. Under many circumstances, a person would be able to keep his or her doctor as long as one of two things were true. One is if your company kept the same health care plans. However, even if your employer changed plans (which employers may very well do from year to year), you could still keep the same doctor as long as your doctor was a physician working with your new plan since all doctors work with multiple plan administrators (like Humana, Cigna, Aetna, and Kaiser). However, if your employer changes plans, and your doctor doesn't work with the new plans being offered (like Blue Cross Blue Shield, for example) you would be forced to change doctors as well as change plans. This was true even before the ACA.

Last edited:

You say that as if it was a known and provable lie at the time Obama said it. It wasn't. Under many circumstances, a person would be able to keep his or her doctor as long as one of two things were true. One is if your company kept the same health care plans. However, even if your employer changed plans (which employers may very well do from year to year), you could still keep the same doctor as long as your doctor was a physician working with your new plan since all doctors work with multiple plan administrators (like Humana, Cigna, Aetna, and Kaiser). However, if your employer changes plans, and your doctor doesn't work with the new plans being offered (like Blue Cross Blue Shield, for example) you would be forced to change doctors and well as plans. This was true even before ACA.

It was. Gruber knew it was a lie, so either you are claiming that obama was a complete dolt, or he knew it too.

What is amazing about the way Trump lies is that he lies about things that are easily proven wrong. He lied to the CIA when he talked about his inauguration speech and how the rain stopped and the sun came out....it drizzled the whole time
He lied about the size of his crowd when video clearly showed he did not have a full house
He lied during his press conference when he pointed to stacks of folders on a table as "his evidence"....the folders were full of blank paper

When questioned...he just repeats the lie and makes his staff cover for him

What is amazing about the way Trump lies is that he lies about things that are easily proven wrong. He lied to the CIA when he talked about his inauguration speech and how the rain stopped and the sun came out....it drizzled the whole time
He lied about the size of his crowd when video clearly showed he did not have a full house
He lied during his press conference when he pointed to stacks of folders on a table as "his evidence"....the folders were full of blank paper

Actually, he's making a mockery of the press and news and how they were slobbering and covering O's lies for 8 years. Its obvious that you don't see that.

Actually, he's making a mockery of the press and news and how they were slobbering and covering O's lies for 8 years. Its obvious that you don't see that.

No...actually he gets embarrassed at every turn

His inability to tell the truth has destroyed Trumps credibility

Calling anything that proves you wrong "Fake News" does not help his credibility, nor yours

Calling anything that proves you wrong "Fake News" does not help his credibility, nor yours

Wrong. Mainstream news bowed to O for eight years. They are on the same level as the old russia pravda.

I can't help but ask the following question: What's the problem?

Is Trump simply unaware that he speaks falsehoods, or is he unconcerned about what is and isn't true?

I mean, is Trump delusional, or is he a classic propagandist who will say anything if he believes it serves his interests?

Regardless, this is something that should not be allowed to continue. If Trump continues on this course, I believe he should be required to submit to a psychological exam, and quite possibly his eventual removal from office due to his apparent unfitness to serve.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump continues to decry a record-high murder rate that simply doesn't exist.

The President said Tuesday that the US murder rate "is the highest it's been in 47 years."
"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during a meeting with US sheriffs at the White House. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

Reality Check: Trump misleads when it comes to rising crime rates

But the reason there's no reporting on a 45- or 47-year high murder rate is because the US murder rate isn't even close to such record highs.

Trump repeatedly cited this faulty figure during his presidential campaign as he sought to paint the US as besieged by crime unseen in decades presenting his leadership as necessary to clean up the country.

The reality is that the US murder rate in 2015, the latest full year available, was lower than it was 45 years prior.

Trump lays out 'urban renewal proposals' alongside bleak portrayal of black America

The US did experience its highest one-year increase in the murder rate in half a century between 2014 and 2015.

Trump falsely claims US murder rate is 'highest' in 47 years - CNNPolitics.com

FBI: US Homicide Rate at 51-Year Low

You are too late. 0bama was called the Deciever In Chief a long time ago. He also already has claimed the title Liar In Chief, Prevaricator In Chief, and Bull Shitter In Chief.

I haven't seen him embarrassed. Nor have I seen any evidence of an inability to tell the truth.

Wrong. Mainstream news bowed to O for eight years. They are on the same level as the old russia pravda.

Actually....Pravda today is a Trump supporter

Trump has more respect for Pravda than the American press

Forum List

Back