🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our enemies must love our partisans

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.

Ridiculous people should be ridiculed as we are now in the, ahem, 6th day of WW3 according to bucs90 . You'd figure that since we're at war, he would be doing something other than posting on message boards. Boss hopes that women get raped to show us that radical islam is a threat. One idiot Vigilante says that 72% of the refugees are men between 18 and 30.

I know you have a vested interest in portraying yourself as an independent thinker but it does reveal you heavy partisanship that you're not pointing at these fools and laughing as well.
"Heavy partisanship" for what, the GOP?

I disagree with the GOP on health care, unions, gay rights, war, foreign policy, abortion, personal income taxation and various economic issues.

And no one on this board offers more consistently independent and original ideas on the issues than I do. No one.

So I'm afraid you're just engaging in the traditional binary thinking of REAL partisans, sorry.

You folks - both sides - really are illustrating my point on this thread, but of course you're too blinded by your partisanship to see it.

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.

Ridiculous people should be ridiculed as we are now in the, ahem, 6th day of WW3 according to bucs90 . You'd figure that since we're at war, he would be doing something other than posting on message boards. Boss hopes that women get raped to show us that radical islam is a threat. One idiot Vigilante says that 72% of the refugees are men between 18 and 30.

I know you have a vested interest in portraying yourself as an independent thinker but it does reveal you heavy partisanship that you're not pointing at these fools and laughing as well.

Yeah, seeing as he clearly and unequivocally called out both sides, and yet you only noticed one, you kinda just proved you're a partisan. Remove the plank from thine own eye.

As usual.

I disagree with the GOP on health care, unions, gay rights, war, foreign policy, abortion, personal income taxation and various economic issues.

And no one on this board offers more consistently independent and original ideas on the issues than I do. No one.

So I'm afraid you're just engaging in the traditional binary thinking of REAL partisans, sorry.

You folks - both sides - really are illustrating my point on this thread, but of course you're too blinded by your partisanship to see it.

You are more independent than most--I shouldn't have used the words "heavy partisanship"....my apology.

As usual.

You are more independent than most--I shouldn't have used the words "heavy partisanship"....my apology.
Much appreciated.

As usual.

Yeah, seeing as he clearly and unequivocally called out both sides, and yet you only noticed one, you kinda just proved you're a partisan. Remove the plank from thine own eye.

He hardly called out anyone except to join in the hysteria over ISIS. We're talking about 30,000 soldiers; about 3 divisions of troops. They know how to make explosives and fire some weapons.... A skill Klibold and Harris knew. Perspective folks. They have little else going for them except that some of their members are barbaric which does great for firing up the hard core fighters but it likely discourages just as many casual affiliates.

As usual.

He hardly called out anyone except to join in the hysteria over ISIS. We're talking about 30,000 soldiers; about 3 divisions of troops. They know how to make explosives and fire some weapons.... A skill Klibold and Harris knew. Perspective folks. They have little else going for them except that some of their members are barbaric which does great for firing up the hard core fighters but it likely discourages just as many casual affiliates.
Could you point out where in my post I "joined in the hysteria over ISIS"?

As usual.

The stuff about "one domestic terrorist" (if I understood it correctly) seemed dense.

As usual.

The stuff about "one domestic terrorist" (if I understood it correctly) seemed dense.
You don't think calling that "hysteria" is hyperbolic?

This is the stuff I'm talking about.

No, I get the hyperbole. What I wish you would have said (if you were calling out right wing lunatics out) is that anyone with access to a kitchen and the willingness to learn can make a bomb and the most vigilant counter-terrorism expert in the world cannot stop them from doing so. Thats all.

No, I get the hyperbole. What I wish you would have said (if you were calling out right wing lunatics out) is that anyone with access to a kitchen and the willingness to learn can make a bomb and the most vigilant counter-terrorism expert in the world cannot stop them from doing so. Thats all.
...just as more gun control can never work, proven in France...

A couple of hysterical news items from today, so far:

Number of House Democrats who are hysterical and voted for the tougher Syrian security screening bill: 47 out of 188.

Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein - Vice Chairman, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence - gets hysterical about American security on MSNBC at about 3:15: Feinstein: ‘I’ve never been more concerned’

The partisan notion that only conservatives are expressing concern about our security and therefore hysterical is, of course, a lie.

Last edited:
Thinking about the "moderate" Muslims, I do buy that there are most certainly moderates, just like there are "moderates" of other religious denominations who really do not follow their own doctrines. Who are the REAL Muslims though? The ones who claim to be moderates or the extremist counterparts. If you think about the historical data available to us and the words written in the religious doctrines, it seems as if the extremists are the ones who are TRULY following their religious doctrines. Just thought that was interesting aspect to consider. :)

Uh, guy, our problem with the Islamic world has nothing to do with their, "religion".

It has to do with the fact we invade their countries and steal their resources. They are doing the same thing YOU'D do if space aliens invaded America and took over the country.

A couple of hysterical news items from today, so far:

Number of House Democrats who are hysterical and voted for the tougher Syrian security screening bill: 47 out of 188.

Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein - Vice Chairman, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence - gets hysterical about American security on MSNBC at about 3:15: Feinstein: ‘I’ve never been more concerned’

The partisan notion that only conservatives are expressing concern about our security and therefore hysterical is, of course, a lie.

How many people supported imprisoning Japanese Americans in WWII?

Nothing to be proud of.

Thinking about the "moderate" Muslims, I do buy that there are most certainly moderates, just like there are "moderates" of other religious denominations who really do not follow their own doctrines. Who are the REAL Muslims though? The ones who claim to be moderates or the extremist counterparts. If you think about the historical data available to us and the words written in the religious doctrines, it seems as if the extremists are the ones who are TRULY following their religious doctrines. Just thought that was interesting aspect to consider. :)
My guess is that no real & positive changes can be made unless and until Muslim religious "leaders" stop preaching hate & division.

Isn't that the foundation of most of this, kids taught to hate from an early age?

They aren't.

As usual.
You have been posting this shit for a while now. Pure bullshit.

Let me clue you in asshole. This country was always supposed to be about debate. We were always suppose to have opposing sides. That is the essence as to importance of freedom of speech.

Let me clue you in more. Bipartisan shit that the establishment politicians cry about is them pushing for a ONE PARTY SYSTEM. A one party system means we the people get screwed since our elected representatives no longer represent us.

You think standing on the fence and not backing your side is admirable? It isn't.

I have more respect for the dumb left as misguided as they all are since they defend their stupid socialist side.

Do not listen to this shit. Know this, whenever the two sides stop opposing each other, the American people get fucked.
You seem to equate "debate" with the spin, distortion, deflection, denial, hyperbole and outright lies that we constantly see here and in public political discourse.

Not to mention personal insults and name-calling.

I don't. I don't think it's necessary, and I think it hurts debate.

That's where we disagree, I suspect.

Spin "you didn't build that" for me, shithead. Also...tell us again how liberals have blood on their hands whenever a cops is shot. I love that one.

As usual.

You are a dishonest spin machine from the middle. Yes.....that's you.

What was Obama referring to when he said the words "you didn't build that"?

Answer that with honesty, please.

As usual.

You think that our current vetting process for refugees isn't sufficient. That's hysteria. It is entirely sufficient.

As usual.
Um, what does mocking conservatives have to do with French families morning their dead? Are you saying conservatives are brain dead?

Forum List

Back