🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our enemies must love our partisans

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.
Um, what does mocking conservatives have to do with French families morning their dead? Are you saying conservatives are brain dead?
Um, it has do with mocking their concerns about terrorism, which is something that just occurred in France.

Perhaps you weren't aware of that. People died in a terrorist attack in France.

But in your world, I'm saying whatever you'd like. I know how you like to create your own narrative.

Last edited:
IF there are so MANY moderate Muslims why don't they police their own extremists??
I think many moderate Muslims are just as scared of the radicals as many non-Muslims are, they don't want to be the next victims. That being said, there is a lot of support for radicals from the so called moderates.

IF there are so MANY moderate Muslims why don't they police their own extremists?? Could it be the Muslim population are in agreement with the "militants"??
The vast majority of the worlds violence comes from Muslim countries, their Qur'an is obviously teaching these behaviors.

Based on your reasoning, all Christians agree with Christian terrorists who bomb abortion centers or who murder abortion doctors.

Also by your reasoning, all cops agree with the bad apples who abuse their power.

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.
Um, what does mocking conservatives have to do with French families morning their dead? Are you saying conservatives are brain dead?
Um, it has do with mocking their concerns about terrorism, which is something that just occurred in France.

But in your world, I'm saying whatever you'd like. I know how you like to create your own narrative.
Oh come on. If the Right wing here doesn't care about the sick, the poor, babies, the middle class, children or veterans in this country, why would they care about a bunch of French people? Remember "Freedom Fries"?

Thinking about the "moderate" Muslims, I do buy that there are most certainly moderates, just like there are "moderates" of other religious denominations who really do not follow their own doctrines. Who are the REAL Muslims though? The ones who claim to be moderates or the extremist counterparts. If you think about the historical data available to us and the words written in the religious doctrines, it seems as if the extremists are the ones who are TRULY following their religious doctrines. Just thought that was interesting aspect to consider. :)
My guess is that no real & positive changes can be made unless and until Muslim religious "leaders" stop preaching hate & division.

Isn't that the foundation of most of this, kids taught to hate from an early age?

They aren't.

Some of them do. It is a known fact that a lot of Muslims were "radicalized" in certain mosques and by their clerics.

IF there are so MANY moderate Muslims why don't they police their own extremists?? Could it be the Muslim population are in agreement with the "militants"??
The vast majority of the worlds violence comes from Muslim countries, their Qur'an is obviously teaching these behaviors.

Based on your reasoning, all Christians agree with Christian terrorists who bomb abortion centers or who murder abortion doctors.

Also by your reasoning, all cops agree with the bad apples who abuse their power.

Well, this isn't happening all across the globe, like radical Islamic terror attacks. Now we have the one in Africa this morning to add to the list. There are attacks every single day somewhere. Some of us grow tired of it.

Thinking about the "moderate" Muslims, I do buy that there are most certainly moderates, just like there are "moderates" of other religious denominations who really do not follow their own doctrines. Who are the REAL Muslims though? The ones who claim to be moderates or the extremist counterparts. If you think about the historical data available to us and the words written in the religious doctrines, it seems as if the extremists are the ones who are TRULY following their religious doctrines. Just thought that was interesting aspect to consider. :)
My guess is that no real & positive changes can be made unless and until Muslim religious "leaders" stop preaching hate & division.

Isn't that the foundation of most of this, kids taught to hate from an early age?

They aren't.

Some of them do. It is a known fact that a lot of Muslims were "radicalized" in certain mosques and by their clerics.

No it isn't. That's you expressing an opinion.

They aren't.

No, it's not just an opinion. It's been reported on news and on documentaries as well.

They aren't.

No, it's not just an opinion. It's been reported on news and on documentaries as well.

You said "a lot". How many? Please cite the source for your claim. Thanks.

They aren't.

Oh please. What do you live under a rock or something? :rolleyes-41:

As usual.

Oh come on. If the Right wing here doesn't care about the sick, the poor, babies, the middle class, children or veterans in this country, why would they care about a bunch of French people? Remember "Freedom Fries"?
Right on cue.

Last edited:

They aren't.

Let me google that for you

very thinly veiled one-sided attack. as usual.
Maybe you could move out of the partisan vacuum for just a moment and provide a thoughtful response.

Seems to me this is a pretty serious situation.

ISIS greatest recruiting tools are successes like they just had in Paris. It took very few people to have significant impact, I can think of scenarios where 4-6 people could paralyze major cities for significant periods. I won't go into details because you never know who's reading these forums. But one historical example is the DC sniper, it only took two to freak out a major city.

As usual.
I remember back to after 9-11, Bush had my 100% support. That was the GOP's chance to win over us white middle aged male liberals who hate the GOP. But instead he used the crisis to push his right wing agenda.

Even the most moderate Republicans will push the same GOP agenda I disagree with. Even if they don't push the god gays and racism shit they are still neo cons when it comes to fiscal policy. The GOP is simply anti middle class. Has nothing to do with black or gay or religion. Those are just wedge issues they use to divide middle class people.

It's good to have two parties who appose each other. Otherwise we have a dictatorship. Would you like to live in a country that is 100% liberal? I wouldn't like to live in America if the GOP ran everything. Remember Bush Tom Delay and Dennis Pedophile Hastert? Yuck.

No, they're not just taught hate, they're taught to act on it. Even in a supposedly moderate country like Turkey, they chanted ala akbar during a requested moment of silence for the Paris victims at a soccer match.

“He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
Thomas Paine

Uh, guy, our problem with the Islamic world has nothing to do with their, "religion".

It has to do with the fact we invade their countries and steal their resources. They are doing the same thing YOU'D do if space aliens invaded America and took over the country.

Name one resource we've stolen and provide proof of such.

As usual.

Ridiculous people should be ridiculed as we are now in the, ahem, 6th day of WW3 according to bucs90 . You'd figure that since we're at war, he would be doing something other than posting on message boards. Boss hopes that women get raped to show us that radical islam is a threat. One idiot Vigilante says that 72% of the refugees are men between 18 and 30.

I know you have a vested interest in portraying yourself as an independent thinker but it does reveal you heavy partisanship that you're not pointing at these fools and laughing as well.

Yeah, seeing as he clearly and unequivocally called out both sides, and yet you only noticed one, you kinda just proved you're a partisan. Remove the plank from thine own eye.

He hardly called out anyone except to join in the hysteria over ISIS. We're talking about 30,000 soldiers; about 3 divisions of troops. They know how to make explosives and fire some weapons.... A skill Klibold and Harris knew. Perspective folks. They have little else going for them except that some of their members are barbaric which does great for firing up the hard core fighters but it likely discourages just as many casual affiliates.
Could you point out where in my post I "joined in the hysteria over ISIS"?

You think that our current vetting process for refugees isn't sufficient. That's hysteria. It is entirely sufficient.

The directors of the FBI and CIA disagree, even Clapper said there was not enough data available to adequately screen these people.

“He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
Thomas Paine

It's not our "duty" to take in people from other countries, some of who could potentially put American lives at risk. We get nothing out of it anyhow.

Forum List

Back