Outrage Grows After Undocumented Father Arrested in Front of Daughter Near School

The DUI and a car not properly registered two decades before is far from murder, armed robbery or rape.
You forgot to mention being here illegally.
I addressed the fact that he is undocumented but he did not hurt anyone. No harm was done. I have also mentioned a few times in this thread that he was brought before a judge for a DUI twenty years ago. Why was he not deported then? He was allowed to stay and in the meantime he has been rearing four children, two now grown.
Also; are you suggesting we wait until he kills someone while driving drunk before we deport him?
Should people caught speeding be given a life sentence for the people they might kill in the future? Hardly.
Wtf are you talking about? lol
Isn't this thread about a guy who was here illegally? A guy who was also caught driving while drunk?
The DUI was dealt with decades ago to the satisfaction of a court.

The DUI and a car not properly registered two decades before is far from murder, armed robbery or rape.
I addressed the fact that he is undocumented but he did not hurt anyone. No harm was done. I have also mentioned a few times in this thread that he was brought before a judge for a DUI twenty years ago. Why was he not deported then? He was allowed to stay and in the meantime he has been rearing four children, two now grown.
He wasn't deported because we had a president who didn't give a shit about Americans. Now that we have one who does care, he's being sent back.

Is that hard for you to understand?
His wife and four American children see it differently than you do.
14th Amendment...which is fucked up...allows this crimminal to have his children be American.
The man was not a criminal.

Also; are you suggesting we wait until he kills someone while driving drunk before we deport him?
Should people caught speeding be given a life sentence for the people they might kill in the future? Hardly.
Isn't this thread about a guy who was here illegally? A guy who was also caught driving while drunk?
So that makes everything good?

I could be wrong, but it appears to me Trump is going after Illegals who have committed other crimes in our country. This man falls into that category, by way of a DUI conviction.

This may just be a case of Trump delivering on his promise. If you're here illegally and have committed other crimes, your days are likely numbered. That was one of his big Campaign pledges.

As far as an historical DUI conviction, that case is closed.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me Trump is going after Illegals who have csmmitted other crimes in our country. This man falls into that category, by way of a DUI conviction. It may just be a case of Trump delivering on his promise. If you're here illegally and have committed other crimes, your days are likely numbered. That was one of his big Campaign pledges.
No, Trump said he wanted to go after some bad hombres, murderers, rapists and such like. Serious crimes. He said this because he knows not all Americans want to live in a police state.

So does he have a DUI conviction?

So does he have a DUI conviction?
The historic DUI case is closed.

Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez was dropping off his daughters at school in Los Angeles on Tuesday when he was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. His 13-year-old daughter, Fatima, sobbed as she recorded her father being handcuffed in front of her and her mother.

Avelica-Gonzalez, 48, who has been living in the United States for over 20 years, had just finished dropping off his 12-year-old daughter in the Highland Park neighborhood when he was detained. His 19-year-old daughter, Jocelyn, who was at work during the incident, told the LAist that a car had been following her father since the moment he left the house.

“My dad dropped off my first sister and then when he turned around, they turned on their light,” Jocelyn said. “My dad was really scared. He didn’t want to pull over, but he did. As soon as he did, one car went in front of his truck and one in back of his truck. They took him out and they arrested him.”

In the video, Fatima can be heard loudly weeping as her father is detained by men wearing jackets and vests marked “POLICE.” (Los Angeles officials have asked ICE agents to stop identifying themselves as such.) Her mother asks one of the officers in Spanish how to proceed before turning to her daughter and telling her: “Don’t cry, honey. Don’t cry. We have to be strong.”

Avelica-Gonzalez, the father of four U.S. citizens, was detained over a DUI conviction nearly 10 years ago and a two decade-old incident involving an incorrect registration sticker, according to a local ABC affiliate.

Harrowing Video Captures Teen Sobbing As ICE Arrests Her Dad On The Way To School | The Huffington Post
-------------

Welcome to Trump's America, ripping families apart to create fear.

I can relate to both sides to this.
I once was given the orders to go fire a teacher who had stolen confidential information / property to use
to take clients from a school for a competing tutoring business.
Clearly this was a violation of school property and grounds for dismissal.

but the way I went about it, I confronted and removed the teacher
in front of very upset students. The parents and students and teacher
were crying to each other over the phone afterwards, because no advance
warning was given and it was very traumatizing. We could have called in the parents with the
teacher and let them know what was happening right after telling
the teacher in private, and reduce the shock and upset.

So there are ways to take action civilly and orderly
where it doesn't have to traumatize the children affected.

Police coming to get parents who have violated parole
or probation often run into these confrontations that
make the kids "hate the police," so it causes severe damage
unless people plan ahead and set up better procedures.

The added benefitsd: by setting up agreed processes to begin with
not only are the community members made knowledgeable of laws and policing,
but the real problem people will get screened out if they have no
intention of complying ad cooperating with authorities. So the police
will already know which people are able to be law abiding
and which ones are truly criminally abusive, so they don't confuse the two.

So there are ways to take action civilly and orderly
where it doesn't have to traumatize the children affected.
His kids knew he was an illegal immigrant

They were willingly aiding and abetting a fugitive

A crime doesn't stop being a crime because
you consider it to be stupid or unfair.

They were all aware of the risk of getting caught
but, why worry bout it, the laws aren't enforced

He didn't worry about being removed from the country
or his family, when he foolishly decided...yeah,
being an illegal and driving drunk is a smart thing to do.

I think it was a good thing, the way it went down
It's important for children to realize...choices have consequences
Not agreeing with our laws doesn't make them above the law!

School of Hard Knocks-101

I didn't say or imply ANY of that keepitreal

I am saying to avoid escalating the confrontations by having a procedure set up in advance, where all residents agree to follow the laws and process.

I am saying to obey the laws and teach/train all community members to comply.

Sorry this wasn't clear. it is possible to be compassionate for both the citizens and govt/law enforcement AND uphold and enforce laws to deter and correct any breaches. It's not like one has to compromise the other.

Good govt is like good parenting.
You don't wait until you catch the kids breaking rules to suddenly ditch all kinds of scary punishment to deter them. The proper way is to teach, mentor and model the standard that you want to see enforced.

If we SKIP that step and don't teach people the laws and set up means for people to follow lawful process, can we wonder why people get thrown in jail with charges BEFORE they ever read what their rights are?

When we run classrooms, the teacher has all the students write out and ESTABLISH the rules of the classroom from DAY ONE.

We don't teach people the process of laws and enforcement processes, and don't require them to go through training, pass tests and sign agreements to follow the laws. We do this for drivers to get licenses. Why not do this for people to have rights and privileges of citizenship? Don't you think teaching people the laws and the responsibilities for compliance in advance might work to reduce problems? And that's why teachers do this in schools, and that's why we test and license drivers before letting them drive on the roads?

Why not do the same with law enforcement?

I didn't say or imply ANY of that keepitreal
Ummm, I'm confused.

I didn't say or imply ANYTHING, that you said or implied!

I just chose the snipet I did, and posted my 2¢, that's it, that's all

His criminal activity wasn't limited to the drunk driving conviction. That started when he entered the US illegally.
The DUI was just another crime he was caught committing while he was here.

Do these people need to kill someone before they meet your approval for deportation?

Sucks to be here in America, ILLEGALLY AND WITH A DUI and several other convictions.

"MacLean said Avelica-Gonzalez was convicted of misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor driving without a license in 2008. Another misdemeanor conviction, in 1998, was for receipt of stolen property when he bought a non-DMV-issued vehicle registration tag. Before 2015, immigrants living in California illegally could not get driver’s licenses."

Immigrant arrested by ICE after dropping daughter off at school, sending shockwaves through neighborhood

Let's see, nobody on the left seemed concerned when Obama authorized the execution, by drone strike, of an American citizen in front of his son. Oh yeah, his son didn't get a chance to sob, he was also torn to bits as was a friend. Illegals who commit crimes or have been convicted of committing crimes in the U.S. will be deported. Get used to it.
You are changing the subject. Not an uncommon thing on USMessageBoard, it must be admitted.

The main part of this story was the little girl crying. His (her) comment is right in line with the discussion.
You are mistaken. This thread is about federal police kidnapping an American girl's father for deportation when they had him in custody decades ago not President Obama.

They picked up someone with a valid deportation order, there was no kidnapping.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me Trump is going after Illegals who have csmmitted other crimes in our country. This man falls into that category, by way of a DUI conviction. It may just be a case of Trump delivering on his promise. If you're here illegally and have committed other crimes, your days are likely numbered. That was one of his big Campaign pledges.
No, Trump said he wanted to go after some bad hombres, murderers, rapists and such like. Serious crimes. He said this because he knows not all Americans want to live in a police state.

Well, that's not completely accurate. Trump pledged to remove any Illegal who has committed other crimes in our country. So, if you're an IIlegal with a criminal record, you will be removed from the US as soon as possible. That might be what happened to this man. He fell into that category.

His criminal activity wasn't. That started when he entered the US illegally.

Do these people need to kill someone before they meet your approval for deportation?
Entering the USA without a visum is probably not a crime.
The historic DUI is a closed case. In the USA there is a principle of Double Jeopardy protection.

That's why i wait till the whole story comes out. The report was designed to illicit a knee-jerk response against Immigration Officials. More 'Fake News.' He may have been wanted for other crimes. If not, i'm a fair-minded person. Something reasonable could be worked out.
We have the whole story. There are cruel and heartless people who back-up the police every time, contrary to your belief.

We have the whole story.

Then why the kidnapping lie?
I saw the man being kidnapped in the video made by his distraught American daughter.
How do you "kidnap" a crimminal.
The father is not a criminal no more than you are for your speeding tickets.
Sorry dick wad, but disobeying one of your own municipality's ordinances (speeding); is a worlds difference from infiltrating a sovereign nation, with the intent to defraud,and engage in theft by impersonation. You can fuck off now.

He wasn't deported because we had a president who didn't give a shit about Americans. Now that we have one who does care, he's being sent back.

Is that hard for you to understand?
His wife and four American children see it differently than you do.
14th Amendment...which is fucked up...allows this crimminal to have his children be American.
The man was not a criminal.
He was legal?

Let's see, nobody on the left seemed concerned when Obama authorized the execution, by drone strike, of an American citizen in front of his son. Oh yeah, his son didn't get a chance to sob, he was also torn to bits as was a friend. Illegals who commit crimes or have been convicted of committing crimes in the U.S. will be deported. Get used to it.
You are changing the subject. Not an uncommon thing on USMessageBoard, it must be admitted.

The main part of this story was the little girl crying. His (her) comment is right in line with the discussion.
You are mistaken. This thread is about federal police kidnapping an American girl's father for deportation when they had him in custody decades ago not President Obama.

Your dear leaders admin gave him an opportunity to get his affairs in order before he left, he didn't do either. He should be banned form the country for life.

His criminal activity wasn't. That started when he entered the US illegally.

Entering the USA without a visum is probably not a crime.
The historic DUI is a closed case. In the USA there is a principle of Double Jeopardy protection.
You're an idiot, Eloy. I'm not surprised you're an obama supporter.

Sucks to be here in America, ILLEGALLY AND WITH A DUI and several other convictions.

"MacLean said Avelica-Gonzalez was convicted of misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor driving without a license in 2008. Another misdemeanor conviction, in 1998, was for receipt of stolen property when he bought a non-DMV-issued vehicle registration tag. Before 2015, immigrants living in California illegally could not get driver’s licenses."

Immigrant arrested by ICE after dropping daughter off at school, sending shockwaves through neighborhood
Old misdemeanor closed cases.

Forum List

Back