Over 500 journalists were laid off in January 2024 alone

It's called progress, if it never happened, wheels would still be made out of stone.
Not sure why you wrote that but whatever.
Murdoch was right, why is the news given away free of charge on the internet, media companies should receive payment. Unfortunately, newspapers are a thing of the past, they're getting thinner and thinner and more costly. Soon they will vanish.

The likes of CNN drove their business into the ground
National news outlets are great at covering national news. Not so good at reporting the water quality in Florida for example:

"And as of 2019, 1,650 of Florida's public water systems violated the EPA's water quality standards, and 101 were serious violators, impacting their water quality ranking."

When folks are dying and getting sick, it's too late to inform the public. Local news should be subsidized (and no, I'm not talking about network news affiliates) so the public can be made aware of what is happening in their neighborhoods. There is no business model where it is sustainable in small and rural counties but they, never the less, should be informed of such matters.
Lastly, it's not the strongest that survive, it's those that embrace change. So cling onto newspapers, the shift is towards the internet, and those that cling onto newspapers will fade into the background. Those made redundant are now in a perfect position to retrain into a new profession.
You're sort of missing the point.

1706835512771-png.896426

Is it really any wonder?

I mean look at what they were pawning off as ''journalism''...

''How white and affluent drivers are polluting the air breathed by L.A.'s people of color''

Not sure why you wrote that but whatever.

National news outlets are great at covering national news. Not so good at reporting the water quality in Florida for example:

"And as of 2019, 1,650 of Florida's public water systems violated the EPA's water quality standards, and 101 were serious violators, impacting their water quality ranking."

When folks are dying and getting sick, it's too late to inform the public. Local news should be subsidized (and no, I'm not talking about network news affiliates) so the public can be made aware of what is happening in their neighborhoods. There is no business model where it is sustainable in small and rural counties but they, never the less, should be informed of such matters.

You're sort of missing the point.
If you didn't understand what I wrote, it's because you're fucking thick as pig shit.

While I appreciate the wide variably of sources provided by the web for news, finance, weather, sports, etc., the one thing I miss most this past decade with a newspaper subscription are the editorial cartoons and the comic pages. I know they're available out there on the web, but I never take the time. I sure miss the days of catching the antics of Snuffy Smith, Gasoline Alley, Blondie, Dennis the Menace, Beetle Baily, Peanuts, etc.

Journalism will die unless they can break free of the mainstream media.

Way too many gerbalists still employed at CNN, MSNBC, Morning Joe, PBS.....
The horror is that such outfits exist , not how many they employ .

But if 90%+ of people are stupid and gullible, the problem is intractable .The problem is with the species .

Sheeple will always believe anything and Normies do not know where and how to research if occasionally a brain wake - up bell rings .

Ergo , join the "1%" and use the 90%+ as fodder .

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

Gas chambers or Ovens - Nazi Luiza asks?

Exterminating J.

Against all Jews.

And more...

And more...

Responding to thread by Islamist quoting a fake piece by infamous CJ Werleman.
30 Jan 2024

Today's Jews are as Jesus ethnicity she admits. But racist Luiza still hates via ancient lies canards stereotypes.

In whitewashing HER-Hitler and Nazis' worshipping, Luiza claimed to "deny" Kristallnacht .(Feb 5, 2024).

Last edited:
Capitalism is great. Not every industry is best served by the system though. Healthcare and journalism are just two of them and both are vital.
So Government ran healthcare and news ? People like Stalin and Mao would have loved people like yourself.

The Free Market Is a Fleece Market. The Public Is Its Herd of Sheep.

Capitalism always creates a monopoly. Proof is that all media, Left and Right, push the same Low-IQ grammar on us. They are a united clique laughing at how we parrot them. The few independent minds go out of their way to not use it. If you've heard of someone, don't listen to him (not "to them").
If Capitalism always creates a monopoly then we would have no competition and no reason for advancement. Look at what people still drive in places like Cuba.

If Capitalism always creates a monopoly then we would have no competition and no reason for advancement. Look at what people still drive in places like Cuba.
Communism Is Capitalism, Jr.

Cuba proves that cars made by unionized American workers not heavily burdened by incompetent and greedy management were built to last. Preppy Progressive Castro came from one of the richest families in Cuba.

Forum List

Back