Over under 120 k new jobs in tomorrow’s jobs report?

120 k jobs

• I’m a liberal and the president = the economy... so under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m a whatever Trump is which = awesome.... so over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just hope for the best since it's easy to say screw politics, realizing the numbers reflect how things are going for real people.

Don’t see how you can keep adding over 200k jobs each month when everyone has jobs already.

We may need to open up immigration to Euro countries to fill them.

Search the forum: Every month, tons of jobs added. And remember: We are now at virtual perfect employment. Anything in the 3.*% range is considered perfect.

Trump has kept his word, He will be reelected.

Don’t see how you can keep adding over 200k jobs each month when everyone has jobs already........

There are always people and jobs in various forms of flux and transition. Thats why there is no such thing as 0% unemployment. People retire, new people enter the workforce, new businesses are created, etc etc

What difference does it make? It always gets revised the next month.

Expected figure: 160,000, 3.7% UE
Reported figure: 130,000, 3.7% UE

The deceleration continues. Low inflation, low growth, low momentum environment, and it's slowing. We probably need both Fed cuts and a GOOD China deal now. China is probably more important. We'll see if they're just going to string this out until the elections. They'll do that as long as they can, no doubt.

Wages and hours worked up a little, so that's good. Data is always mixed.

The deceleration continues. Low inflation, low growth, low momentum environment, and it's slowing. We probably need both Fed cuts and a GOOD China deal now. China is probably more important. We'll see if they're just going to string this out until the elections. They'll do that as long as they can, no doubt.

Wages and hours worked up a little, so that's good.

Nobody is letting the already low rates stop them from purchasing in the hopes they will get a little lower. If anything, it is causing retired people to not spend.

Nobody is letting the already low rates stop them from purchasing in the hopes they will get a little lower. If anything, it is causing retired people to not spend.
Consumer debt is above 2008 levels right now, not good. Incomes are just not high enough to make a difference.

They just announced in the jobs report that 130,000 jobs were created and 25,000 of those jobs were government jobs.

Consumer debt is above 2008 levels right now, not good. Incomes are just not high enough to make a difference.

So lowering rates is not the answer. Debt is not the answer.

They just announced in the jobs report that 130,000 jobs were created and 25,000 of those jobs were government jobs.

More government jobs.......that's what Trump promised wasn't it?

FYI:
I'm pretty sure the consensus estimate was 150K not 160K

... and there were some bright spots.

Wage growth +0.4% ann 3.2% versus +0.3% ann 3.1% expected., <-- a sign that inflation is picking up perhaps?
Labor Force Participation rose to 63.2%

I suspect a good deal of the slow down in job creation is due to the fact that employers cannot find qualified people to fill job openings (the last JOLTS report had 7.3 million job openings).

FYI:

Wage growth +0.4% ann 3.2% versus +0.3% ann 3.1% expected., <-- a sign that inflation is picking up perhaps?

I suspect a good deal of the slow down in job creation is due to the fact that employers cannot find qualified people to fill job openings (the last JOLTS report had 7.3 million job openings).

More opening for illegals.

FYI:

More opening for illegals.

Uh-huh thanks Captain Inane.... :rolleyes:

So lowering rates is not the answer. Debt is not the answer.
There's quite a few people in the industry who don't think the Fed has the pull it used to, for the income reason.

And no, sure as hell, debt isn't the answer, as we have seen.

Forum List

Back