Over under 120 k new jobs in tomorrow’s jobs report?

120 k jobs

• I’m a liberal and the president = the economy... so under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m a whatever Trump is which = awesome.... so over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Expected figure: 160,000, 3.7% UE
Reported figure: 130,000, 3.7% UE

FYI:
I'm pretty sure the consensus estimate was 150K not 160K

... and there were some bright spots.

Wage growth +0.4% ann 3.2% versus +0.3% ann 3.1% expected., <-- a sign that inflation is picking up perhaps?
Labor Force Participation rose to 63.2%

I suspect a good deal of the slow down in job creation is due to the fact that employers cannot find qualified people to fill job openings (the last JOLTS report had 7.3 million job openings).
I linked earlier to consensus estimates of 160K, and that's what I've been hearing.

Wage growth should be driving inflation, but it sure has had enough time to do so by. Could be, though. There may be some kind of lag that no one is seeing. That would be a very good thing.

FYI:

Wage growth +0.4% ann 3.2% versus +0.3% ann 3.1% expected., <-- a sign that inflation is picking up perhaps?

I suspect a good deal of the slow down in job creation is due to the fact that employers cannot find qualified people to fill job openings (the last JOLTS report had 7.3 million job openings).
I linked earlier to consensus estimates of 160K, and that's what I've been hearing.
K, I've been looking at the number CNBC was publishing..... I guess there's no consensus on the consensus. :p

Wage growth should be driving inflation, but it sure has had enough time to do so by. Could be, though. There may be some kind of lag that no one is seeing. That would be a very good thing.

Accelerating wage growth + higher prices due to tariffs * fed rate reduction(s) = (possible) impending inflation problem.

Certainly bears watching.

FYI:

K, I've been looking at the number CNBC was publishing..... I guess there's no consensus on the consensus. :p

Accelerating wage growth + higher prices due to tariffs * fed rate reduction(s) = (possible) impending inflation problem.

Certainly bears watching.
Well, it's all a balance, since we NEED some more inflation right now, if it's driven by growth.

The Fed would rather not cut so they can keep that tool at their disposal, but markets are pretty much demanding 50bps.

We just need more consumer spending, and it's not really happening. Yet.

Forum List

Back