Overpaid CEOs and Greedy Capitalists.. oh my!

TOTALLY Incorrect. However, this shows why you have the warped and twisted view you have, regarding CEOs and what they are paid. You don't have the first clue what a CEO actually does, or why they are paid so well.
So, the average large corporate CEO in this country makes 475 times what their average worker makes. No other country is anywhere near. UK is 22 to 1. Canada is 17 to 1. Venezuela is 50 to 1, and closest.
Do you see the difference??
Lots of studies out there, some show lower multiples. But whatever, CEO's in the US make way more than in any other nation.
Ratio of CEO Pay to Average Worker by Country | Creativeconflictwisdom's Blog

Was not always that way. The disperity has been growing, particularly over the past 30 years or so. Over the past several years, for instance, the top 1% of the wealthy got 93% of income growth, the rest of the 99% got to share the remaining 7%.
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, in addition, the middle class continues to decline in numbers, the poverty class continues to grow.

And yes, I do know extremely well what CEO's do. They work really hard, and based on their personality type, they ENJOY it. So do those of other countries.

I did not ask you about how much CEOs make, or how they compare to average workers or CEOs in other countries. I asked you to tell me in your own words, what CEOs do on a daily basis. You say you know "extremely well" what they do, but the only answer to my question I am seeing is, "they work really hard." Of course, you took the opportunity to post yet another propaganda link to promote the Marxist meme you are pushing, but you didn't answer the question. It's interesting, I find this is the case almost every time someone thinks a CEO is making "too much" money. They simply have no idea of what a CEO actually does.
Well, boss, I do not really care what you asked me. And as for what they do to become a ceo, generally depends on their social position. But then, I am sure you have some standard con tool statement of what that is.
So, Boss, take a look at the title of this thread. I am sure you could care less, but if you did some reading on why economies fail, you would be concerned. But then, being a con, I am sure you have all of the answers. Dipshit.

Mr Clean said he'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? You sided with the slowest liberal here!! What on earth does it mean for competence to do the training???? Why not learn to speak english before you post here??
The problem you have, ed, is that you apparently had teachers who lacked competence. So you are incapable of understanding why it is important for the teacher (now, ed, a teacher is the person who does the teaching. I know this is pretty complex for you.)
Mr Clean said he'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? You sided with the slowest liberal here!! What on earth does it mean for competence to do the training???? Why not learn to speak english before you post here??

Why not learn to read before you post here?

Dunce.

Japanese companies, some decades past, were bankrolled by the Japanese banks to take the electronics markets, for as long as it took, as long as they showed increasing market share. The smart thing was market share was more relavent then profits. Losses were allowed, as long as they were increasing market share. And it worked.

Plus a big shot in the arm when Reagan allowed the Japanese to product dump in the early 80's. :eusa_whistle:

Strange: I never heard of such an event. Is "product dumping" when foreign companies sell a better product for a lower price? How would Reagan have prevented that, by punishing consumers with massive tariffs so union thugs wouldn't have to work hard?

You've never heard of such an event? You must have been in a coma in the 80's when the Reagan Administration (commerce department) turned their back on American business.

Google

Product dumping is preditory. The solyndra failure is a perfect example of the effects of product dumping.

So are we to discriminate against "people" who profit from the maiming, murder, rape and incarceration and displacement of millions of innocent Muslims?

Yes, I'm all for discriminating against the terror regime in Iran and before that the terror regime in Iraq.
How about the economic terrorists on Wall Street?

Iraq Body Count

Economic terrorists on Wall Street?
Please explain further, I'm breathlessly awaiting your response.
Confused about Wall Street's War on Terror profits?
Consult your breathless broker.

TOTALLY Incorrect. However, this shows why you have the warped and twisted view you have, regarding CEOs and what they are paid. You don't have the first clue what a CEO actually does, or why they are paid so well.
So, the average large corporate CEO in this country makes 475 times what their average worker makes. No other country is anywhere near. UK is 22 to 1. Canada is 17 to 1. Venezuela is 50 to 1, and closest.
Do you see the difference??
Lots of studies out there, some show lower multiples. But whatever, CEO's in the US make way more than in any other nation.
Ratio of CEO Pay to Average Worker by Country | Creativeconflictwisdom's Blog

Was not always that way. The disperity has been growing, particularly over the past 30 years or so. Over the past several years, for instance, the top 1% of the wealthy got 93% of income growth, the rest of the 99% got to share the remaining 7%.
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, in addition, the middle class continues to decline in numbers, the poverty class continues to grow.

And yes, I do know extremely well what CEO's do. They work really hard, and based on their personality type, they ENJOY it. So do those of other countries.

I did not ask you about how much CEOs make, or how they compare to average workers or CEOs in other countries. I asked you to tell me in your own words, what CEOs do on a daily basis. You say you know "extremely well" what they do, but the only answer to my question I am seeing is, "they work really hard." Of course, you took the opportunity to post yet another propaganda link to promote the Marxist meme you are pushing, but you didn't answer the question. It's interesting, I find this is the case almost every time someone thinks a CEO is making "too much" money. They simply have no idea of what a CEO actually does.
How many hours in the typical CEOs day?
How many bathroom breaks is she allowed?
What's her average daily caloric intake
What's the ratio of your total daily hours compared to all of those you boss, Boss?
Marx had the solution all wrong, but he knew what greedy bastards looked like.
So do you.

Well, boss, I do not really care what you asked me. And as for what they do to become a ceo, generally depends on their social position. But then, I am sure you have some standard con tool statement of what that is.
So, Boss, take a look at the title of this thread. I am sure you could care less, but if you did some reading on why economies fail, you would be concerned. But then, being a con, I am sure you have all of the answers. Dipshit.

I wrote the title of this thread, I am the author of the thread, dipshit.

Economies fail because of dipshit idiots like you, who don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about, trying to micromanage something they totally don't understand. And NO, CEOs do not become CEOs because of their social position.

I know you don't care what I asked you, and you don't care that you can't answer me! All that really matters to you is being as antagonistic as you can to anyone conservative, because that's what your Marxist masters tell you must be done. All any of you can manage to do, is post links to Marxist propaganda, flood the boards with failed Marxist ideology, and repeat nonsense that has long been debunked.

You don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, much less articulate the finer points of free market capitalism. But stupid morons like you, are who the Commies depended on to do their dirty work, because they always have. As soon as you have toppled capitalism, they will put a bullet through your head.

How many hours in the typical CEOs day?
How many bathroom breaks is she allowed?
What's her average daily caloric intake
What's the ratio of your total daily hours compared to all of those you boss, Boss?
Marx had the solution all wrong, but he knew what greedy bastards looked like.
So do you.

TRANSLATION: I don't have a clue what CEOs do, so let me come up with a distraction!

Economies fail because of dipshit idiots like you, who don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about, trying to micromanage something they totally don't understand. And NO, CEOs do not become CEOs because of their social position.

I know you don't care what I asked you, and you don't care that you can't answer me! All that really matters to you is being as antagonistic as you can to anyone conservative, because that's what your Marxist masters tell you must be done. All any of you can manage to do, is post links to Marxist propaganda, flood the boards with failed Marxist ideology, and repeat nonsense that has long been debunked.

You don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, much less articulate the finer points of free market capitalism. But stupid morons like you, are who the Commies depended on to do their dirty work, because they always have. As soon as you have toppled capitalism, they will put a bullet through your head.
Wow. Look at Boss go. Thinks there are marxists out there. And believes he knows all about economics. Funny, me boy. You live in a fantasy world, of course. There have been no marxists pushing anything for a whole lot of years now. Communism died of its own weaknesses, as anyone with half a brain would have predicted years ago.
Sorry boss, but I have no interest in following any socio-economic theory or any group of well paid entertainers who want my following. I just like the truth. But then, you are a con. You follow your entertainers, spend your time lapping up the drivel put out by hundreds of well paid cons who you follow mindlessly. So much easier than actually studying a subject. You can get your "truth" spoon fed to you by entertainers and paid spokesmen who laugh all the way to the bank at you, as you breathlessly follow their every word. Funny. Kind of sad. But funny none the less.

But, you actually believe what they tell you. That we, the members of the fact based world, who demand that truth be proven with evidence, are your enemy. And you love having an enemy, eh, me boy. Makes you feel good.

So, there you go, my poor con tool. Your methodology is to say that you have the truth, that we are stupid, and you attack and attack and attack. Because attempting rational discussion would be impossible. It would require proof, evidence, that sort of thing. And you prefer to believe what you want to believe, and what your entertainer heroes tell you to believe. Sad, but true.

So, you are totally wasting your time casting insults. I understand you, have seen many, many like you. And you will never, ever actually discuss anything, because you are not capable of doing so. You prefer to live among the bat shit crazy conservative web sites and well paid conservative cable entertainers, who can fill your little empty mind with stuff to believe. Sad.

And you can actually believe that anyone that does not agree with you is a marxist, and is following marxist theory. Which, me poor ignorant tool, no longer exists to any considerable extent. Just another of those spoon fed pieces of info that you CHOOSE to believe.

I am sure you think you are really smart. You say that you understand the "finer points of free market capitalism". You are SOOOO stupid that you do not have a clue. Free markets require, me poor ignorant con, a lack of monopoly power. To you, free markets just require no gov intervention. So, me boy, what you are actually talking about is not free markets, but the libertarian dream. And you are way to stupid to consider that there has never, ever been a working libertarian economic system in any country. Ever. Because they, like communist economies, kill themselves. But then, I am sure that is beyond you. Funny. The expert in free markets. Boss. the econ free market expert. You may want to take a read of Wealth of Nations some day so you get an actual clue of what Smith said were the requirements for a free market. Instead, that is, of listening to your con tools filling your empty little brain with drivel. Much more productive.

Relative to why ceo's become ceo's, I see you think you are a real expert on that subject. Here is the thing, me poor ignorant ceo expert. There is NO SINGLE SET OF REASONS WHY CEO's become ceo's. But with a little more help from ed, perhaps you two can come up with a little fantasy that you can sell to other non thinking cons for their pre teen children. Hell, between the two of you, your combined IQ is probably near 100. And yes, me boy, socio economic position has a LOT to do with why ceo's become ceo's. Far from a requirement. But very, very common. But then, I am far from the expert that you think that you are about the subject.

Last edited:

Wow. Look at Boss go. Thinks there are marxists out there. And believes he knows all about economics. Funny, me boy. You live in a fantasy world, of course. There have been no marxists pushing anything for a whole lot of years now. Communism died of its own weaknesses, as anyone with half a brain would have predicted years ago.
Sorry boss, but I have no interest in following any socio-economic theory or any group of well paid entertainers who want my following. I just like the truth. But then, you are a con. You follow your entertainers, spend your time lapping up the drivel put out by hundreds of well paid cons who you follow mindlessly. So much easier than actually studying a subject. You can get your "truth" spoon fed to you by entertainers and paid spokesmen who laugh all the way to the bank at you, as you breathlessly follow their every word. Funny. Kind of sad. But funny none the less.

But, you actually believe what they tell you. That we, the members of the fact based world, who demand that truth be proven with evidence, are your enemy. And you love having an enemy, eh, me boy. Makes you feel good.

So, there you go, my poor con tool. Your methodology is to say that you have the truth, that we are stupid, and you attack and attack and attack. Because attempting rational discussion would be impossible. It would require proof, evidence, that sort of thing. And you prefer to believe what you want to believe, and what your entertainer heroes tell you to believe. Sad, but true.

So, you are totally wasting your time casting insults. I understand you, have seen many, many like you. And you will never, ever actually discuss anything, because you are not capable of doing so. You prefer to live among the bat shit crazy conservative web sites and well paid conservative cable entertainers, who can fill your little empty mind with stuff to believe. Sad.

And you can actually believe that anyone that does not agree with you is a marxist, and is following marxist theory. Which, me poor ignorant tool, no longer exists to any considerable extent. Just another of those spoon fed pieces of info that you CHOOSE to believe.

I am sure you think you are really smart. You say that you understand the "finer points of free market capitalism". You are SOOOO stupid that you do not have a clue. Free markets require, me poor ignorant con, a lack of monopoly power. To you, free markets just require no gov intervention. So, me boy, what you are actually talking about is not free markets, but the libertarian dream. And you are way to stupid to consider that there has never, ever been a working libertarian economic system in any country. Ever. Because they, like communist economies, kill themselves. But then, I am sure that is beyond you. Funny. The expert in free markets. Boss. the econ free market expert. You may want to take a read of Wealth of Nations some day so you get an actual clue of what Smith said were the requirements for a free market. Instead, that is, of listening to your con tools filling your empty little brain with drivel. Much more productive.

Relative to why ceo's become ceo's, I see you think you are a real expert on that subject. Here is the thing, me poor ignorant ceo expert. There is NO SINGLE SET OF REASONS WHY CEO's become ceo's. But with a little more help from ed, perhaps you two can come up with a little fantasy that you can sell to other non thinking cons for their pre teen children. Hell, between the two of you, your combined IQ is probably near 100. And yes, me boy, socio economic position has a LOT to do with why ceo's become ceo's. Far from a requirement. But very, very common. But then, I am far from the expert that you think that you are about the subject.
There is NO SINGLE SET OF REASONS WHY CEO's become ceo's.

Actually, yes there is, and you can refine that down to one reason: CEO's are chosen for a track record of making lots and lots of money through past performance. In general, they have drive, and they're keen on personnel who pull their weight and aim to keep it that way.

Lots and lots of money means lots and lots of high-paying jobs, including those of the most demanding Union workers. Who gets pissed off about money-makers? Chiefly people who are jealous they can't perform their tasks well nor can they inspire others to do likewise, which is why they were not chosen to lead a company into a pattern of success, growth, and prosperity that feeds a lot of mouths.

Funny stuff there, pinhead. Yes, I am so empty headed and filled with crap from others, I can't do anything but come here and post one 'copy-n-paste' after another from propagandists, and refuse to answer the simplest questions... oh wait... that's what YOU are doing! My bad!

American free market capitalism is responsible for creating more millionaires from poor people, than anything man has ever devised. Nothing else even comes close. You want to get rid of that so we can enjoy the death and destruction of society known in every Socialist "Utopia" ever created. No one can rationalize or reason with you, because you've filled your empty head with propaganda and believe every word of it.

Let the record show, you still have not answered my question about what a CEO does.

It's because you don't have the first clue. You just know they make a lot of money, and being the jealous little self-absorbed asswipe you are, think you are somehow entitled to the fruits of their labor. This stems from you being raised by the Dr. Spock generation, not getting your ass busted when it needed to be, not having to be responsible or do anything for yourself for most of your life, and growing up in a culture where you think the world owes you something, just for us having the pleasure of your wonderful presence.

Now let me give you a few harsh facts of life here... There is no Utopia, we'll never realize wealth equality, there will always be a 1% who control most of the wealth, the question is, will they be free market capitalists who can be taxed, monitored, regulated and scrutinized, or ruling class government agents who are not accountable to anyone. It can be people who know how to use wealth to create jobs, prosperity, and economic growth, or state cronies who have no clue, and don't really care, because their pockets are full!

CEOs are not paid by the taxpayers. Their incomes are paid from profits earned by a corporation. If the capitalists who hire them, want to pay them WHATEVER, it's not any of your goddamn business! The capitalists are not being forced to pay them against their will, they obviously find value in having a well-paid CEO running their corporation, and it's mighty fucking rich for you, a demonstrated abject moron when it comes to what a CEO does, to be interjecting your worthless idiot opinion.

So are we to discriminate against "people" who profit from the maiming, murder, rape and incarceration and displacement of millions of innocent Muslims? Logically speaking, capitalists who profit from war crimes deserve a Nuremberg accounting. Starting with the "decider."

So are we to discriminate against "people" who profit from the maiming, murder, rape and incarceration and displacement of millions of innocent Muslims?

Yes, I'm all for discriminating against the terror regime in Iran and before that the terror regime in Iraq.
How about the economic terrorists on Wall Street?

Iraq Body Count
I went to your link. I do remember Iraq well. One incident in particular made the news. A man carried a dead child around to 30 different cities in Iraq to claim his child was killed nearby by Americans. Such a person may have killed a child along with its parents, selected the child for horrific news purposes, and falsely blamed his "enemy" for the child's demise, see the bullet holes.

What do false figures so generated have to do with Wall Street that prides itself on honesty in accounting using the most discriminating Certified Public Accountants in the world for their good information? Inquiring minds want to know.

God, I get tired of hearing the "Utopia/wage equality" bullshit.

I don't know ONE person that's calling for that....not one. It's dumb fucking right wing talking point. Which, as usual....is a total lie.

Wanting working people to have a wage where we don't have to choose between subsidizing with tax dollars and letting them starve in the street is NOT fucking "wage equality".

Fucking idiots.

Wanting working people to have a wage where we....

Hold on a second, this is why we established the glorious idea of organized labor, that great liberal Marxist idea that we allow people who have nothing to do with the capitalist mechanism, to determine how much labor costs the capitalist, whose money is invested. After YEARS and YEARS of this, we have driven away almost ALL our manufacturing jobs, because the capitalists can not afford to pay American workers, along with all the assorted perks we've bestowed upon them, and still remain competitive.

Now that your Marxist labor control efforts have failed miserably, and driven away the good-paying jobs, we are left with shit jobs that pay nothing, and your "solution" is MORE MARXISM! Those greedy capitalists aren't paying the poor workers enough! CEOs...Golden Parachutes... blah blah blah!

It never seems to dawn on any of you, a capitalist has absolutely nothing to gain by having a consumer base who is broke and can't afford to buy shit. This is the LAST thing a capitalist wants... or a corporation... or a CEO! These entities thrive and profit on consumption from consumers. Every capitalist I have ever known in my life, wants his or her customer to have as much money in their pocket as possible. Most of them also value good employees, and want them to be compensated well for the job they do, so they remain loyal and dedicated.

But what you idiots have done, is allowed yourself to be brainwashed by Marxists. When you read the above paragraph, the first thing that pops in your stupid head, is ENRON, or some other example of people who violated the law, or took advantage of lax oversight and government regulations, to screw people illegally. We put these people in prison! They are not representative of free market capitalists, they are criminals who broke the law and were punished, BECAUSE we have a free market capitalist system, and not a closed government oligarchy, run by government cronies who protect their own.

What we NEED to do, is actually the polar opposite of what you and other Marxists want.

Wanting working people to have a wage where we....

Hold on a second, this is why we established the glorious idea of organized labor, that great liberal Marxist idea that we allow people who have nothing to do with the capitalist mechanism, to determine how much labor costs the capitalist, whose money is invested. After YEARS and YEARS of this, we have driven away almost ALL our manufacturing jobs, because the capitalists can not afford to pay American workers, along with all the assorted perks we've bestowed upon them, and still remain competitive.

Now that your Marxist labor control efforts have failed miserably, and driven away the good-paying jobs, we are left with shit jobs that pay nothing, and your "solution" is MORE MARXISM! Those greedy capitalists aren't paying the poor workers enough! CEOs...Golden Parachutes... blah blah blah!

It never seems to dawn on any of you, a capitalist has absolutely nothing to gain by having a consumer base who is broke and can't afford to buy shit. This is the LAST thing a capitalist wants... or a corporation... or a CEO! These entities thrive and profit on consumption from consumers. Every capitalist I have ever known in my life, wants his or her customer to have as much money in their pocket as possible. Most of them also value good employees, and want them to be compensated well for the job they do, so they remain loyal and dedicated.

But what you idiots have done, is allowed yourself to be brainwashed by Marxists. When you read the above paragraph, the first thing that pops in your stupid head, is ENRON, or some other example of people who violated the law, or took advantage of lax oversight and government regulations, to screw people illegally. We put these people in prison! They are not representative of free market capitalists, they are criminals who broke the law and were punished, BECAUSE we have a free market capitalist system, and not a closed government oligarchy, run by government cronies who protect their own.

What we NEED to do, is actually the polar opposite of what you and other Marxists want.

Talking points...unions haven't had any power in the private sector since the Reagan Administration. Truck drivers, and auto workers....that's about it.

Call it talking points if you want to, it's still the truth. Reagan certainly didn't make the capitalists move all their manufacturing overseas. This was done as a result of ever-increasing labor costs in America, because people like you believed unions were what we needed to do! You continued, all through the 70s and into the 80s and 90s, demanding more and more benefits, increasing the burden on those "greedy capitalists" who held all the profits. The result was, the jobs went away or the capitalist went under.

Now that we have ruined what we had, (the largest overall manufacturing production in the world), you come along and point to your pie charts and stats, to show us the "decline" in wages in comparison to the CEOs, which your ideas caused... and the "solution" you present... MORE MARXISM!

Call it talking points if you want to, it's still the truth. Reagan certainly didn't make the capitalists move all their manufacturing overseas. This was done as a result of ever-increasing labor costs in America, because people like you believed unions were what we needed to do! You continued, all through the 70s and into the 80s and 90s, demanding more and more benefits, increasing the burden on those "greedy capitalists" who held all the profits. The result was, the jobs went away or the capitalist went under.

Now that we have ruined what we had, (the largest overall manufacturing production in the world), you come along and point to your pie charts and stats, to show us the "decline" in wages in comparison to the CEOs, which your ideas caused... and the "solution" you present... MORE MARXISM!

Bullshit. I dare you to prove your assertions. Union Activity in the private sector declined dramatically through the 80's, 90's, and 00's from their heyday in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Economic terrorists on Wall Street?
Please explain further, I'm breathlessly awaiting your response.
Confused about Wall Street's War on Terror profits?
Consult your breathless broker.

You made the claim, I'm consulting you.
Maybe you should get a little closer to the profits, Patriot?

"The war on Afghanistan is part of a profit driven agenda: a war of economic conquest and plunder, ”a resource war”.

"While Afghanistan is acknowledged as a strategic hub in Central Asia, bordering on the former Soviet Union, China and Iran, at the crossroads of pipeline routes and major oil and gas reserves, its huge mineral wealth as well as its untapped natural gas reserves have remained, until June 2010, totally unknown to the American public.

"According to a joint report by the Pentagon, the US Geological Survey (USGS) and USAID, Afghanistan is now said to possess 'previously unknown' and untapped mineral reserves, estimated authoritatively to be of the order of one trillion dollars (New York Times, U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan – NYTimes.com, June 14, 2010, See also BBC, 14 June 2010)."

?The War is Worth Waging?: Afghanistan?s Vast Reserves of Minerals and Natural Gas | Global Research

Forum List

Back