Overpaid CEOs and Greedy Capitalists.. oh my!

Monopoly---once the good players have won the game what happens next ?

I thought Monopolies are explicitly illegal under US law? In a case where they weren't, I would imagine we'd see some negative consequences for consumers.

But they are...

Remember the banks that were "too big to fail"? Now they're fewer of them & they are even bigger.

And now they have excellent experience with real estate bubbles and are far more cautious. Liberals don't realize that capitalism rewards learning.

Last edited:
"Amnesty International has documented widespread human rights violations in China. An estimated 500,000 people are currently enduring punitive detention without charge or trial, and millions are unable to access the legal system to seek redress for their grievances.

a pity for sure but a relatively trivial matter given that within a generation of the current generation liberalism slowly starved 10 million a year to death in China.

Did you realize that 10 million is more than 500 thousand.

Sadly, talking to a liberal is like talking to a child or an idiot

I thought Monopolies are explicitly illegal under US law? In a case where they weren't, I would imagine we'd see some negative consequences for consumers.

But they are...

Remember the banks that were "too big to fail"? Now they're fewer of them & they are even bigger.

And now they have excellent experience with real estate bubbles and are far more cautious. Liberals don't realize that capitalism encourages learning.

Nothing like a little OJT with the world economy hanging in the balance.

you'd like a little bit of confidence to do the training??? Why not learn to speak english before you post here??

Competence, you asshole, competence.

Do you know what that word means?
you'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? What on earth does that mean???Why not learn to speak english before you post here??
Which is, me boy, another bit of proof that you have no clue. And, as Clean said, you do not understand the word.

Competence, you asshole, competence.

Do you know what that word means?
you'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? What on earth does that mean???Why not learn to speak english before you post here??
Which is, me boy, another bit of proof that you have no clue. And, as Clean said, you do not understand the word.

I'd get better results talking to my dog.
Yup. Ed just posts con dogma. He is paid to do so. Kind of like talking to a head of cabbage. Totally incapable of rational thought.

Mr Clean said he'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? You sided with the slowest liberal here!! What on earth does it mean for competence to do the training???? Why not learn to speak english before you post here??

Mr Clean said he'd like a little bit of competence to do the training??? You sided with the slowest liberal here!! What on earth does it mean for competence to do the training???? Why not learn to speak english before you post here??

It was obvious, my poor brain challenged boy, to anyone with half a brain, that he was saying he wanted competence in the person doing the teaching. The problem you have, ed, is that you apparently had teachers who lacked competence. So you are incapable of understanding why it is important for the teacher (now, ed, a teacher is the person who does the teaching. I know this is pretty complex for you.) to have competence. And you decided he had said confidence. Which proves you do not read well, and that you also do not understand that, in teaching (I know, you have no understanding of teaching) competence is more important that confidence. All rational people do. Clean's only mistake was assuming you had some modicum of rationality.

Last edited:

The problem you have, ed, is that you apparently had teachers who lacked competence. So you are incapable of understanding why it is important for the teacher (now, ed, a teacher is the person who does the teaching. I know this is pretty complex for you.)

Find new and innovative ways to exploit surplus labor for the economic benefit of 1% of the population.

TOTALLY Incorrect. However, this shows why you have the warped and twisted view you have, regarding CEOs and what they are paid. You don't have the first clue what a CEO actually does, or why they are paid so well.
So, the average large corporate CEO in this country makes 475 times what their average worker makes. No other country is anywhere near. UK is 22 to 1. Canada is 17 to 1. Venezuela is 50 to 1, and closest.
Do you see the difference??
Lots of studies out there, some show lower multiples. But whatever, CEO's in the US make way more than in any other nation.
Ratio of CEO Pay to Average Worker by Country | Creativeconflictwisdom's Blog

Was not always that way. The disperity has been growing, particularly over the past 30 years or so. Over the past several years, for instance, the top 1% of the wealthy got 93% of income growth, the rest of the 99% got to share the remaining 7%.
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, in addition, the middle class continues to decline in numbers, the poverty class continues to grow.

And yes, I do know extremely well what CEO's do. They work really hard, and based on their personality type, they ENJOY it. So do those of other countries.

I did not ask you about how much CEOs make, or how they compare to average workers or CEOs in other countries. I asked you to tell me in your own words, what CEOs do on a daily basis. You say you know "extremely well" what they do, but the only answer to my question I am seeing is, "they work really hard." Of course, you took the opportunity to post yet another propaganda link to promote the Marxist meme you are pushing, but you didn't answer the question. It's interesting, I find this is the case almost every time someone thinks a CEO is making "too much" money. They simply have no idea of what a CEO actually does.

TOTALLY Incorrect. However, this shows why you have the warped and twisted view you have, regarding CEOs and what they are paid. You don't have the first clue what a CEO actually does, or why they are paid so well.
So, the average large corporate CEO in this country makes 475 times what their average worker makes. No other country is anywhere near. UK is 22 to 1. Canada is 17 to 1. Venezuela is 50 to 1, and closest.
Do you see the difference??
Lots of studies out there, some show lower multiples. But whatever, CEO's in the US make way more than in any other nation.
Ratio of CEO Pay to Average Worker by Country | Creativeconflictwisdom's Blog

Was not always that way. The disperity has been growing, particularly over the past 30 years or so. Over the past several years, for instance, the top 1% of the wealthy got 93% of income growth, the rest of the 99% got to share the remaining 7%.
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, in addition, the middle class continues to decline in numbers, the poverty class continues to grow.

And yes, I do know extremely well what CEO's do. They work really hard, and based on their personality type, they ENJOY it. So do those of other countries.

I did not ask you about how much CEOs make, or how they compare to average workers or CEOs in other countries. I asked you to tell me in your own words, what CEOs do on a daily basis. You say you know "extremely well" what they do, but the only answer to my question I am seeing is, "they work really hard." Of course, you took the opportunity to post yet another propaganda link to promote the Marxist meme you are pushing, but you didn't answer the question. It's interesting, I find this is the case almost every time someone thinks a CEO is making "too much" money. They simply have no idea of what a CEO actually does.

or how you get to be a CEO: most common route: graduate first in HS class after doing 5 hours of homework every night for 15 years, letter in 2 sports, plus display music talent, and do community service.
Do same at Ivy League college, then work 70 hour weeks for 30 years always getting promoted without interruption, and then maybe you can be a CEO of fortune 500 company.

Forum List

Back