Paging anti death penalty libs

We're the only advanced society that uses the death penaty.
The Japanese would be surprised to hear this. You may be surprised to hear non-white societies can also be advanced, Come to think of it, China is also a very advanced society, though not squarely first world yet. Again, non white.
Japan rarely uses the death penalty

The US joins China, Saudi Arabia, Yemen an North Korea as the major users ......proud company

Indeed. :(

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting - WTOP.com

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

monsters like this killer are the reason we need the death penalty

But some libby needs his feel good moment.

Given the fact more people are exonerated from Death Row than executed, I'm not sure I can trust the government.

What amazes me is that you don't trust the government to run health care (even though it does so pretty effectively for about 100 million people the private sector wouldn't touch), but you do trust it to execute people....

I'm actually not completely opposed to the death penalty, as long as there is 100% certainty that the crime was committed. Too many innocent people dying on Death Row for my tastes. I only want to kill the guilty. I know Jesus wouldn't approve and all, he opposed the death penalty...good thing I'm not Christian.

Interesting. It seems that most 'so called,' i.e., those who claim to be, Christians in this country are for the death penality.

I think the US is the only modern, first world, Western country that still uses the death penalty. It is a barbaric custom the purpose of which is simply vengence: a lowly, base act.

There are, as Seawytch mentions, too many on death row and who have been executed who are later found to be innocent. But the death penalty does nothing to deter crime and or save money, and only enacts vengence.

There is a possiblity this murderer, who seems beyond redemption, has mental illness: "Before the case went to adult court last year, a juvenile court judge ruled that Lane was mentally competent to stand trial despite evidence he suffers from hallucinations, psychosis and fantasies." When there is any doubt of sanity, death should not be imposed. Also, he was a minor at the time of the murders. Again, the US is one of the few countries around the world that will execute minors. This is not something to be proud of.

The US, as a whole does not use the death penalty. Half the states either ban it or have not used it in many years. The exception is our "Bible Belt" states that follow the word of Jesus. Texas, Oklahoma, Viginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi do most of our killing.

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

I think society is better off without giving the state the power to kill us.

Liberals support communism and police state!'

Why can't the government have the right to kill us!? You liberals are absolutely wrong in every single way!

I think society is better off without giving the state the power to kill us.

Liberals support communism and police state!'

Why can't the government have the right to kill us!? You liberals are absolutely wrong in every single way!

No one's going to accuse you of having an overabundance of logic.

amazing how liberals always miss the point of a thead. this is about the liberal hypocrisy of being in support of killing innocent babies in the womb, but being opposed to killing convicted murderers.

they feel sorry for the poor murderers but feel no empathy for the innocents who have done nothing except be conceived.

amazing how liberals always miss the point of a thead. this is about the liberal hypocrisy of being in support of killing innocent babies in the womb, but being opposed to killing convicted murderers.

they feel sorry for the poor murderers but feel no empathy for the innocents who have done nothing except be conceived.

It's not a matter of feeling bad for "poor murderers".

It's a matter of the government can't be trusted with those kinds of decisions. I also wouldn't trust the government to decide who needs to get an abortion, for that matter, like they do in China.

I don't think anyone thinks abortion is a good thing, but women are going to have them regardless of what the law is.

You can wish and hope all you want. Abortion is the law of the land and is not going to change.

If I saw some compassion from conservatives about struggling American families I might see the value of your point. But to be all high and mighty about the plight of the unborn while you ignore single mothers and their children shows where you are really coming from

I'm actually not completely opposed to the death penalty, as long as there is 100% certainty that the crime was committed. Too many innocent people dying on Death Row for my tastes. I only want to kill the guilty. I know Jesus wouldn't approve and all, he opposed the death penalty...good thing I'm not Christian.

Interesting. It seems that most 'so called,' i.e., those who claim to be, Christians in this country are for the death penality.

I think the US is the only modern, first world, Western country that still uses the death penalty. It is a barbaric custom the purpose of which is simply vengence: a lowly, base act.

There are, as Seawytch mentions, too many on death row and who have been executed who are later found to be innocent. But the death penalty does nothing to deter crime and or save money, and only enacts vengence.

There is a possiblity this murderer, who seems beyond redemption, has mental illness: "Before the case went to adult court last year, a juvenile court judge ruled that Lane was mentally competent to stand trial despite evidence he suffers from hallucinations, psychosis and fantasies." When there is any doubt of sanity, death should not be imposed. Also, he was a minor at the time of the murders. Again, the US is one of the few countries around the world that will execute minors. This is not something to be proud of.

The US, as a whole does not use the death penalty. Half the states either ban it or have not used it in many years. The exception is our "Bible Belt" states that follow the word of Jesus. Texas, Oklahoma, Viginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi do most of our killing.

Ironically, many of them probably have the ten commandments in their state houses...with it's "Thou Shalt Not Kill" on prominent display.

Ironically, many of them probably have the ten commandments in their state houses...with it's "Thou Shalt Not Kill" on prominent display.

your extreme hypocrisy is noted. you make fun of states using the ten commandments including "thou shalt not kill" and then you support unfettered abortion which has KILLED millions of unborn children.

and at the same time you feel nothing but sympathy for mass murderers and child rapists.

you are in summary, a lunatic.:cuckoo:

You can wish and hope all you want. Abortion is the law of the land and is not going to change.

If I saw some compassion from conservatives about struggling American families I might see the value of your point. But to be all high and mighty about the plight of the unborn while you ignore single mothers and their children shows where you are really coming from

there is plenty of compassion for struggling american families, what compassion is shown by making them slaves to the state? what compassion is shown by creating generational welfare and encouraging single women to have more babies in order to get more money from the govt?

liberalism is not compassionate, it is vicious and corrupt. its all about power and control of the population. it is a sick and failed ideology. Liberal thought is insanity in action

your extreme hypocrisy is noted. you make fun of states using the ten commandments including "thou shalt not kill" and then you support unfettered abortion which has KILLED millions of unborn children.

and at the same time you feel nothing but sympathy for mass murderers and child rapists.

As much as you try to equate a fetus to a living human it doesn't work. You need to spend more effort on preventing abortion than in banning them

Abortion will not be abolished

there is plenty of compassion for struggling american families, what compassion is shown by making them slaves to the state? what compassion is shown by creating generational welfare and encouraging single women to have more babies in order to get more money from the govt?

liberalism is not compassionate, it is vicious and corrupt. its all about power and control of the population. it is a sick and failed ideology. Liberal thought is insanity in action

Really?

Show me

Show me the number of republican jobs programs that are directed at the poor

As much as you try to equate a fetus to a living human it doesn't work. You need to spend more effort on preventing abortion than in banning them

Abortion will not be abolished

I don't recall advocating that abortion be abolished. I personally believe it is murder if it occurs beyond the first few weeks. But thats my belief. Society in total decides the rules that society will live by and the majority view is what we are all required to live by.

Your comment had nothing to do with the point I was making. I was pointing out the liberal hypocrisy of being in favor of abortion and opposed to capital punishment. That point remains valid.

Really?

Show me

programs that encourage the growth of the economy will create jobs for everyone, the poor included.

reducing the tax and regulatory burden on small business will create jobs, getting rid of the terrible obamacare bill would create jobs for everyone---currently jobs are being lost due to obamacare.

you just don't get it. you think that only the govt can create jobs by spending more and more of OUR money. That is totally wrong. Letting us keep more of our money would create jobs because consumer spending creates jobs, not govt giveaways.

Really?

Show me

programs that encourage the growth of the economy will create jobs for everyone, the poor included.

reducing the tax and regulatory burden on small business will create jobs, getting rid of the terrible obamacare bill would create jobs for everyone---currently jobs are being lost due to obamacare.

you just don't get it. you think that only the govt can create jobs by spending more and more of OUR money. That is totally wrong. Letting us keep more of our money would create jobs because consumer spending creates jobs, not govt giveaways.

Conservatives have been selling that trickle down myth for 30 years. Nobody is buying it. The jobs you guaranteed did not appear

You want to use tax breaks to create jobs? Give them to companies after they have created jobs......not before

Really?

Show me

Conservatives have been selling that trickle down myth for 30 years. Nobody is buying it. The jobs you guaranteed did not appear

You want to use tax breaks to create jobs? Give them to companies after they have created jobs......not before

I am not talking about trickle down. I am talking about the FACT that the US currently has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world. Why would any business choose to locate in the US knowing that they will be taxed to death, accused of being evil, and attacked if they make a profit?

Want new jobs in the US? start implementing business-friendly legislation, allow the recovery and sale of US energy resources.

do you know that North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation? Why, because they are recovering and selling oil. if the idiot in the WH would stop his hatred of fossil fuels we could instantly create millions of good paying jobs.

I am not talking about trickle down. I am talking about the FACT that the US currently has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world. Why would any business choose to locate in the US knowing that they will be taxed to death, accused of being evil, and attacked if they make a profit?

Want new jobs in the US? start implementing business-friendly legislation, allow the recovery and sale of US energy resources.

do you know that North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation? Why, because they are recovering and selling oil. if the idiot in the WH would stop his hatred of fossil fuels we could instantly create millions of good paying jobs.

I stand by my original post

If a corporation wants lower tax rates..... create jobs in the US. Then you qualify for lower rates.

You don't understand a thing. I don't support "unfettered abortion". I support a woman's right to control her own body. I would like to see an end to all abortions, I just want it to be done a different way, through science and education.

I don't feel sympathy for mass murderers and child rapists. If you're 100% certain they murdered or raped, do it...Kill 'em, castrate 'em, whatever. I'm fine with that. I'm also not a small government conservative or a Christian so the hypocrisy isn't with me.

I stand by my original post

If a corporation wants lower tax rates..... create jobs in the US. Then you qualify for lower rates.

it doesn't work that way. they cannot create jobs with the current government anti-business policies.

But you say the govt will "promise" to give them lower tax rates if they create jobs? LOL, no one trusts the current government. Why would anyone risk money on a promise from them?

Forum List

Back