Paid time off for me, no paid time off for you.

I'm not. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people who aren't even sick being able to take time off and getting paid while denying others the ability to get paid while actually sick.

How is anyone being denied the ability to get paid sick leave by the government?

This is what is wrong with you idiots. You can’t even comprehend that a company can give its employees paid sick leave if it wants to. If they don’t, then the employees don’t have to work there and they can find a different job. All without the government getting involved.

The congressman never voted to deny anyone the ability to have paid sick leave. There is nothing preventing an employee from signing a contract with their employer to include paid sick leave. If it’s that important to a new employee, then don’t sign the contract.

Hardly anyone gets to sign a contract. You envision some place that doesn't exist.

We’re not talking about wetbacks getting paid under the table. Yes all actual employment requires signing an agreement.

I wonder where the alternative world you all live in is at.
In your world are goods and services delivered by the Tooth Fairy?

If liberals pay everyone to stay home the economy will collapse

the Great Run on Toilet Paper of 2020 will extend to everything everywhere

You are going to pay one way or the other. Once again Trump is saying he is looking to give Industry billions, (trillions?). And you condemn the idea of workers getting a portion of that?

How is anyone being denied the ability to get paid sick leave by the government?

This is what is wrong with you idiots. You can’t even comprehend that a company can give its employees paid sick leave if it wants to. If they don’t, then the employees don’t have to work there and they can find a different job. All without the government getting involved.

The congressman never voted to deny anyone the ability to have paid sick leave. There is nothing preventing an employee from signing a contract with their employer to include paid sick leave. If it’s that important to a new employee, then don’t sign the contract.

Hardly anyone gets to sign a contract. You envision some place that doesn't exist.

We’re not talking about wetbacks getting paid under the table. Yes all actual employment requires signing an agreement.

You are going to pay one way or the other. Once again Trump is saying he is looking to give Industry billions, (trillions?). And you condemn the idea of workers getting a portion of that?
Dont mix apples and oranges

paying people not to work is a bad idea

We have to go out each day and work or the nation will collapse

Trump did that for the farmers. I saw no complaints.

Farmers are producers

Paying people to stay home and do nothing is the opposite of producing

Farmers are producers

They were being paid to not produce.

Farmers are producers

Yes, and we need go rethink farm policy in America

read this:

Trump’s Farmer "Bailout," Explained

Farmers are producers

read this:

Done to "shore up support in rural counties".

Nice.

Farmers are producers

read this:

Nice.
Politics is a team sport

and both teams pay the same game

but you missed the larger message of the article which is reforming farm policy

Farmers are producers

read this:

Nice.
Politics is a team sport

and both teams pay the same game

but you missed the larger message of the article which is reforming farm policy

Words.

Any employer that doesn't have paid sick leave should simply be avoided. Bad employers. There's alot of them.

"Folks, when you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh

Duplicate thread, and it’s been debunked. He isn’t against paid leave. He voted to stop cities from mandating their own paid sick leave demands on companies because we already have state and federal laws that do.

I'll drop this after this, somehow I missed the other thread, I looked. There are no state and federal laws already.
Its a bad idea for government pinheads to micro-manage businesses that they know nothing about

But businesses have no problem with these pinheads giving them billions.
Which businesses are you objecting to?

I'm not. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people who aren't even sick being able to take time off and getting paid while denying others the ability to get paid while actually sick.

If what you're saying is that the working folks should get the same benefits as government employees, then why can't we all retire at the age of 55 like many government workers do?

GOP LAWMAKER WHO VOTED AGAINST PAID SICK LEAVE IN FLORIDA TAKES PAID LEAVE FROM CONGRESS

Gaetz Voted Against Florida Paid Sick Leave. He’s Using It in Congress.

As the article notes, he isn't even sick but he is still going to take time off, all paid for by the taxpayers.
Duplicate thread, and it’s been debunked. He isn’t against paid leave. He voted to stop cities from mandating their own paid sick leave demands on companies because we already have state and federal laws that do.

I'll drop this after this, somehow I missed the other thread, I looked. There are no state and federal laws already.
Its a bad idea for government pinheads to micro-manage businesses that they know nothing about

And there is no better example of that than ObamaCare.

When headlines are written to, by design, get an emotional response...

And you give them one.

It's cute.

Annoying, but cute.

He isn't sick, why isn't he at work?
You don't want the truth, you want a reason to hate.

Nothing I say will change that so carry on.

What you said doesn't exist.
Neither does the truth in this story of yours.

Thought the lies were required with you.

He isn't sick. Why isn't he at work?

Who said he isn't working? Do you think the only time they work is when they're in Washington?

"Folks, when you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh

Like the politician in this story?

If what you're saying is that the working folks should get the same benefits as government employees, then why can't we all retire at the age of 55 like many government workers do?

You can.....or so that is what I am told. You simply have to negotiate it in your contract.

Or so I'm told.

He isn't sick, why isn't he at work?

Who said he isn't working? Do you think the only time they work is when they're in Washington?

He notes he isn't working.

You can.....or so that is what I am told. You simply have to negotiate it in your contract.

Or so I'm told.

The same thing holds true for people that work for companies. It should be negotiated between employee and employer, not mandated by the federal government.

Civilian employees should not be eligible for retirement till they reach 67

He notes he isn't working.

I reread the article in your leftist OP. I didn't see anywhere when he stated that.

Forum List

Back