Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It never fails. Start threads on positive aspects of the Palestinians and they get trolled by pro Israel. Is it so impossible to acknowledge or celebrate any positive movements, happenings among the Palestinians? We have multiple pro Israel threads who’s integrity is largely respected and protected...so why not here? Why is news like what is posted here largely buried?

It never fails. Start threads on positive aspects of the Palestinians and they get trolled by pro Israel. Is it so impossible to acknowledge or celebrate any positive movements, happenings among the Palestinians? We have multiple pro Israel threads who’s integrity is largely respected and protected...so why not here? Why is news like what is posted here largely buried?

Its probably because of people like Tinmore who whine and blame Israel for everything. Like this from a few posts back:

Also, Gaza has infrastructure for tourism. The problem is that there are no tourists. Hotels only get Israeli approved journalists and NGO workers. Before Israeli restrictions, Israeli Jews used to go to Gaza for food and entertainment.

Naturally, Team Israel responds defending Israel. If Team Palestine just posted good things about Palestine, without following up with a victim whine about how horrible Israel is, then the thread wouldn't dissolve into Team Israel defending Israel.

Kinda like the whole conflict. If Palestine just concentrated on Palestine, instead of attacking Israel, then Israel wouldn't have to defend itself and the whole conflict would be over.

This is one of the start ups..Sky Geeks, who’s founder had left Gaza and felt he had to return, a video of was posted by T earlier I believe.

He Found A Way Out Of Gaza. Then, Something Drew Him Back.

Altaharwi is the manager of the pre-seed startup accelerator at Gaza Sky Geeks, the improbable Mercy Corps.-funded tech accelerator that operates inside blockaded Gaza. He is a rarity. Altaharwi not only managed to leave Gaza, eventually earning an MBA in Germany, but he gave up the chance to work at McKinsey, Bain or Accenture -- Big Three firms he was in discussions with -- to come back.

“He could have gone to (one of them) but decided to come back to Gaza to work with us. I still can’t believe it,” says Ryan Sturgill, Gaza Sky Geeks director.

I checked in on the Geeks during these past weeks of terrible violence. When you see the numbers – more than 115 Palestinians killed and 13,000 wounded -- it’s hard to imagine life going on normally there. The U.N. has said it will be unlivable by 2020. But more than 1.8 million people live in Gaza, and despite the electricity shortages and the collapsing infrastructure, in some places some people manage to maintain hope against the odds.

Gaza Sky Geeks is one of those places.

Amazingly, it has more than doubled in size since I visited in 2016. In addition to admitting a larger cohort of startups, Gaza Sky Geeks has started a freelance community and a coder program. The budget of $400,000 has swelled to $900,000. I saw an office with a few dozen people. These days, there are more than 120 people there on a daily basis, and all of its programs must turn away applicants.
The problem with things like high tech, art, and music is getting paid for your work. Getting money from client to producers in Gaza is precarious and expensive. In the West Bank, Pay Pal for example, will service illegal settlements but will not provide services to the Palestinian village whose land that settlement sits on.

Also, Gaza has infrastructure for tourism. The problem is that there are no tourists. Hotels only get Israeli approved journalists and NGO workers. Before Israeli restrictions, Israeli Jews used to go to Gaza for food and entertainment.

But don’t you think the Palestinian leadership owns some responsibility for this?
How so? (You know I have always been critical of the so called Palestinian leadership.)

I think if you look through the thread, one can’t help but take away that the thread was intended to be nothing more than a place to dump YouTube videos from PressTV and other Islamic propaganda sources as a means for vilifying Israel.

Its probably because of people like Tinmore who whine and blame Israel for everything. Like this from a few posts back:

Naturally, Team Israel responds defending Israel. If Team Palestine just posted good things about Palestine, without following up with a victim whine about how horrible Israel is, then the thread wouldn't dissolve into Team Israel defending Israel.

Kinda like the whole conflict. If Palestine just concentrated on Palestine, instead of attacking Israel, then Israel wouldn't have to defend itself and the whole conflict would be over.
What happens when the Palestinians try to do for themselves.

This is what the Palestinian economy looks like

Thank you for proving both mine and Hollie's point.

What point is that? That Israel destroys anything and everything Palestinian.

That’s rather pointless.

Link?

That’s rather pointless.

Link?

We could start with Israel destroying 500 Palestinians towns and villages in 1948. Then we could start a whole thread of Israel's destruction since then.

That’s rather pointless.

Link?

We could start with Israel destroying 500 Palestinians towns and villages in 1948. Then we could start a whole thread of Israel's destruction since then.

Maybe we start with you settling down with your hysterical screeching.

Aren’t you actually lamenting the loss of land area once conquered by the Islamic Settler Colonial Project?

But it isn’t just Tinmore Shusha. I posted multiple posts on Palestinian start ups, achievements, music etc. - and it is trolled. For every positive post I posted, Hollie counters with Palestinian terrorist memes. So tell me, how is THAT Team Israel defending Israel? To me, it looks like Team Israel attacking anything good about Palestinians. Look at the thread.

But it isn’t just Tinmore Shusha. I posted multiple posts on Palestinian start ups, achievements, music etc. - and it is trolled. For every positive post I posted, Hollie counters with Palestinian terrorist memes. So tell me, how is THAT Team Israel defending Israel? To me, it looks like Team Israel attacking anything good about Palestinians. Look at the thread.

It seems you’re subjectively defining trolling as posts critical of Arab-Moslem behavior you don’t agree with.

My posts in this thread have been related to the thread topic and more often than not, in direct rebuttal to preceding posts. This post, for example, in direct response to your references to me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back