Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Pal'istan was a "country".
That is confusing here in the US. Our "country" is made up of 50 "states."

This is why Israel is a unique case, because unlike in the US and the rest of the middle east, the indigenous nation actually became independent - a thing that Arabs still whine about, and the US will probably never allow.

Why don't You give 1 state to the Indians?
The American Indians received US citizenship (I don't know. About a hundred years ago or so.) One is now running for congress. One was the vice presidential candidate in a presidential election.

Winona LaDuke - Wikipedia
Winona_duke_dream_reborn.png

Many do not live on the Rez and just live out like everyone else. One friend of mine owned a shrimp boat.
Indigenous saving our food.

TedxTC Seeds of our Ancestors, Seeds of Life

A seed library to save Palestinian agricultural heritage

Yes and I've got a nice Persian rug to sell especially for You...:04:

Hamas Interior Minister: We are Egyptians and Saudis, Allahu Akbar

Rylah; didn't the Palestinians originate with Arafat?

There was no concept of a separate identity during the Ottoman and Mandate period. Or even under Jordanian and Egyptian occupation .

That is confusing here in the US. Our "country" is made up of 50 "states."

This is why Israel is a unique case, because unlike in the US and the rest of the middle east, the indigenous nation actually became independent - a thing that Arabs still whine about, and the US will probably never allow.

Why don't You give 1 state to the Indians?
The American Indians received US citizenship (I don't know. About a hundred years ago or so.) One is now running for congress. One was the vice presidential candidate in a presidential election.

Winona LaDuke - Wikipedia
Winona_duke_dream_reborn.png

Many do not live on the Rez and just live out like everyone else. One friend of mine owned a shrimp boat.
Indigenous saving our food.

TedxTC Seeds of our Ancestors, Seeds of Life

A seed library to save Palestinian agricultural heritage

Yes and I've got a nice Persian rug to sell especially for You...:04:

Hamas Interior Minister: We are Egyptians and Saudis, Allahu Akbar

Rylah; didn't the Palestinians originate with Arafat?

There was no concept of a separate identity during the Ottoman and Mandate period. Or even under Jordanian and Egyptian occupation .

That's a tricky question no one has yet to explicitly answer, depends on the audience.

The biggest Arab family clan in Israel is Massarwa - of explicit Egyptian origins.

History
The geographical proximity and the fact that the Land of Israel was for centuries under a regime centered in Egypt led to the almost permanent migration of peasants and Bedouins from Egypt to the Land of Israel. Beginning in the 18th century , this immigration increased, culminating in the days of Ibrahim Pasha, who conquered Palestine in 1831 and ruled it until1840 . Many of his soldiers had deserted and remained in the country, and general immigration had increased since his rule. During the British Mandate many workers were brought from Egypt and some remained in Israel. The rise in the standard of living of the Arabs in the country also had a great influence on the Egyptian fellahs from the delta region, who suffered from great poverty and overcrowding.

I realized I forgot to add the link to the site so it is now added. It is very interesting. Here is how they describe what they are doing.

What is PiP?
WHAT IS PIP?
Political is Personal / Israel + Palestine is a project of interviews conducted with individual Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women conveying how the conflict has affected their lives. Their stories help to personalize one of the most seemingly intractable conflicts in the world.

HOW - ARE THE STORIES WRITTEN
  • All the stories feature Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women, who are 18 years old or above;
  • The interviews are conducted either face-to-face, via Skype, email, chat or phone depending on circumstances and on the wishes of the interviewees;
  • The first name of the interviewee is included in the title of her story or is completely anonymous - all depending on the wishes of the interviewee;
  • Interviews are free-flowing, allowing for the subject's safe, non-judgmental, open telling of her thoughts, experience and feelings.
  • Stories are edited only for clarity, flow and structure.
  • Tolerance, Respect and Sensitivity: Once the story of an interviewee is written, it is sent back to her for her approval or modifications. Because of the sensitivity of the political situation, and because the stories will be publicly available, no story is published without the full consent of the interviewee.

Which side initiated this?

What difference does it make? Why is it you are so utterly unwilling to credit Palestinians with anything good yet you rail on about the demonizing of Israel?
I merely asked a simple question, if You don't wanna answer just say, and I'll treat our further exchange accordingly.

But let's be clear on one thing, these infantile deflections from discussing factual data, don't give You ground to point fingers at anyone.
I gave an answer to a what looks like a loaded question. What difference does it make? Neither side originated it.

Instead of accepting it for what is you seek ways of marginalizing such as claiming they are all Israeli citizens.

I realized I forgot to add the link to the site so it is now added. It is very interesting. Here is how they describe what they are doing.

What is PiP?
WHAT IS PIP?
Political is Personal / Israel + Palestine is a project of interviews conducted with individual Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women conveying how the conflict has affected their lives. Their stories help to personalize one of the most seemingly intractable conflicts in the world.

HOW - ARE THE STORIES WRITTEN
  • All the stories feature Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women, who are 18 years old or above;
  • The interviews are conducted either face-to-face, via Skype, email, chat or phone depending on circumstances and on the wishes of the interviewees;
  • The first name of the interviewee is included in the title of her story or is completely anonymous - all depending on the wishes of the interviewee;
  • Interviews are free-flowing, allowing for the subject's safe, non-judgmental, open telling of her thoughts, experience and feelings.
  • Stories are edited only for clarity, flow and structure.
  • Tolerance, Respect and Sensitivity: Once the story of an interviewee is written, it is sent back to her for her approval or modifications. Because of the sensitivity of the political situation, and because the stories will be publicly available, no story is published without the full consent of the interviewee.

Which side initiated this?

What difference does it make? Why is it you are so utterly unwilling to credit Palestinians with anything good yet you rail on about the demonizing of Israel?
I merely asked a simple question, if You don't wanna answer just say, and I'll treat our further exchange accordingly.

But let's be clear on one thing, these infantile deflections from discussing factual data, don't give You ground to point fingers at anyone.
I gave an answer to a what looks like a loaded question. What difference does it make? Neither side originated it.

Instead of accepting it for what is you seek ways of marginalizing such as claiming they are all Israeli citizens.

It's an Israeli project, founded by an Israeli woman, You posted it claiming it certainly reflects "Palestine today".
When You find me anything close to what Corey Gil Project or PIP initiate on the Palestinian side let me know.

100 years of colonization. 100 years of resistance.

23132118_1724602897552998_6036462837906346984_n.jpg

The sing says "no dialogue, no negotiation, until termination".
Genocidal slogans were part of accepted "peaceful" agendas indoctrinated by the wide Arab world at the time and before the British invasion.

But tell me weren't the Arabs helping Britain invade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back