Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyote

I'll expand on my previous posts concerning "normalization". In order to end the conflict, relations between the two peoples must be normalized. By definition.

There is no point in Arab Palestinians having dialogue with Israelis "for peace" if Arab Palestinians, as a whole or predominately, are resistant to normalization. That should be an internal Arab dialogue.

Here is an interesting overview article concerning peace activism.

There are many quotes I could pull out, but it really is worth reading the whole thing. Here is the concluding paragraph, though:

"I don't think there is anything that can be called a joint peace movement. We don't accept them. They are normalisation projects used by Israel and certain foreign countries to normalise the situation.
Normalization assumes that the Israelis and Palestinians just don't get along. That is not the problem. The problem is Israel's policies. Friendships will not change those policies.

There are many quotes I could pull out, but it really is worth reading the whole thing. Here is the concluding paragraph, though:

"I don't think there is anything that can be called a joint peace movement. We don't accept them. They are normalisation projects used by Israel and certain foreign countries to normalise the situation.
Normalization assumes that the Israelis and Palestinians just don't get along. That is not the problem. The problem is Israel's policies. Friendships will not change those policies.

Normalization is not "friendship" or "not getting along".

But normalization will actually change Israel's policies. And Gaza and Palestine's. That's the point.

But normalization will actually change Israel's policies. And Gaza and Palestine's. That's the point.
So, what are israel's policies that could change?

I suppose that would entirely depend on your definition of "normalization" and how far you take it. If the violence and "resistance" ends, I can see all sorts of changes happening.

What are policies of Gaza and Palestine which could change?

I suppose that would entirely depend on your definition of "normalization" and how far you take it. If the violence and "resistance" ends, I can see all sorts of changes happening.

He will tell you that unless Israel capitulates to ALL demands they are not going to " change" and their is no reason for them to do so. Seriously, that will end ALL DISCUSSION

He like to refer to INTERNATIONAL LAW??? This is part of the U.N. Declaration about " Right of Return"

The operative phrase that the Palestinians and their supporters conveniently overlook “accidentally on purpose” is the idea that any of those returning to their homes must be willing to “live at peace with their neighbours”.

Somehow, this phrase is never voiced by Palestinians or their supporters, as if the phrase was never written into the article.

Can anyone imagine a more foolish act by a government than to allow an influx of openly hostile people into its borders, a population group dedicated to the idea of that country’s destruction?

It should be noted that the Arab League, in its entirety, rejected UNGAR 194. The Palestinians have tried to resurrect it as “proof” that Palestinians are “guaranteed a right of return”… of course, without the need to “live at peace with their neighbors”, which negates the entire idea.

Last edited:

He will tell you that unless Israel capitulates to ALL demands they are not going to " change" and their is no reason for them to do so. Seriously, that will end ALL DISCUSSION

He is going to argue that the Israeli policy of "existing" is the problem.

He is going to argue that the Israeli policy of "existing" is the problem.

Then he doesn't believe in the U.N. or " International Law" If he doesn't why should Israel?

RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Well, that is a fogged perception.

"I don't think there is anything that can be called a joint peace movement. We don't accept them. They are normalization projects used by Israel and certain foreign countries to normalize the situation.
(COMMENT)

Conflict (Hostilities) end as a matter of restraint (an Armistice of sorts). The cessation hostilities are not dependent on the political climate, the normalization of diplomacy, or the extension of an olive branch.

The discussion of policy (relative to an insurgency and asymmetric entanglement) and the change in direction is accomplished through 'baby-steps.'

Most Respectfully,
R

He like to refer to INTERNATIONAL LAW??? This is part of the U.N. Declaration about " Right of Return"

The operative phrase that the Palestinians and their supporters conveniently overlook “accidentally on purpose” is the idea that any of those returning to their homes must be willing to “live at peace with their neighbours”.

Somehow, this phrase is never voiced by Palestinians or their supporters, as if the phrase was never written into the article.

Can anyone imagine a more foolish act by a government than to allow an influx of openly hostile people into its borders, a population group dedicated to the idea of that country’s destruction?

It should be noted that the Arab League, in its entirety, rejected UNGAR 194. The Palestinians have tried to resurrect it as “proof” that Palestinians are “guaranteed a right of return”… of course, without the need to “live at peace with their neighbors”, which negates the entire idea.
those returning to their homes must be willing to “live at peace with their neighbours”.
You cannot deny people their rights because you just arbitrarily assume that they will not live in peace.

RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Well, that is a fogged perception.

"I don't think there is anything that can be called a joint peace movement. We don't accept them. They are normalization projects used by Israel and certain foreign countries to normalize the situation.
(COMMENT)

Conflict (Hostilities) end as a matter of restraint (an Armistice of sorts). The cessation hostilities are not dependent on the political climate, the normalization of diplomacy, or the extension of an olive branch.

The discussion of policy (relative to an insurgency and asymmetric entanglement) and the change in direction is accomplished through 'baby-steps.'

Most Respectfully,
R
:confused-84:

those returning to their homes must be willing to “live at peace with their neighbours”.
You cannot deny people their rights because you just arbitrarily assume that they will not live in peace.

It's not arbitrary.

It's not arbitrary.
What evidence do you have that any particular refugee would not live in peace?

It's not arbitrary.

In the past I have posted MANY You Tube Videos in which they are chanting “ Back to 48!!” and where Palestinians were interviewed stating that their goal is to kick EVERY Israeli out and “ send them back to the Country they came from” That gave me a clue !
Would EVERY Refugee feel that way? Of course not. But enough would where it would actually start a Civil War

Nobody is “ assuming “ anything. This has been stated several times . The “ International Law” you love to quote specifically stated “ Live in Peace with Your Neighbors”

It's not arbitrary.

In the past I have posted MANY You Tube Videos in which they are chanting “ Back to 48!!” and where Palestinians were interviewed stating that their goal is to kick EVERY Israeli out and “ send them back to the Country they came from” That gave me a clue !
Would EVERY Refugee feel that way? Of course not. But enough would where it would actually start a Civil War
Broad brush.

It's not arbitrary.

Are you suggesting a personal interview for everyone wanting to return? What sort of criteria would we be looking for?

It's not arbitrary.

Are you suggesting a personal interview for everyone wanting to return? What sort of criteria would we be looking for?

He doesn’t want an interview. He feels everybody should come in regardless of their feelings or intentions. What could be more obvious then his You Tube Video of Hasidic Jews stating Israel has no right to exist?

It's not arbitrary.

Broad brush.

Deflection. You asked a question and it was answered. What “ evidence “ do you have that they are willing to live in peace? There is none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back