Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article...shows how complicated the issue of property rights is in the former Ottoman region, but also the general disregard by groups such as this for the Palestinian families affected.

The judge noted:

Barak-Erez closed her ruling by noting the hardship residents would suffer by being evicted from homes where they had lived for decades and which some had even purchased. She therefore urged the state to compensate anyone evicted.

Though the evictions, assuming the trust indeed owns the land, are legal, she wrote, “Evicting people who have lived on this land for decades – some of them without even knowing that the land belongs to others – creates a human problem. Especially when it’s done without compensation or any other solution. It seems the state would do better to consider providing a solution, in appropriate cases, for those evicted from their homes. Property rights are important, but it’s also important to defend people’s homes.”

Ateret Cohanim is itself an interesting group intent on creating a
Jewish majority in East Jerusalem by purchasing property with help from district authorities, evicting the tenants and moving Jewish families in. Sometimes with questionable legality. So the question is...why one or the other? Why not both Jews and Palestinians?

Court allows eviction of 700 Palestinians from East Jerusalem neighborhood

The horror of moving Jewish families into property they own in Judea.
And the sky doesn't fall. And the millions getting paid.
And the Arab estate agents specifically appointed by their people for such cases.

Exactly, why not both Arabs and Jews? Arabs are 20% in Israel, why building Jewish communities among Arab ones is a bad thing, beyond the pretentious spectacles of being forced into the top 20% of the worlds richest people?
And the evicted Palestinians lost their homes in 1948. It would be the right thing for them to get their homes back too.

Then so should all the Jews who were evicted during the period leading up to 1948 and subsequently.
Sure.
How would competing claims be decided?
Good question. Israel has fucked over millions of people. Not just Palestinian but Jews too. They have all been just pawns in this scheme. Not to mention destroying the Holy Land.

Obviously I am not happy. How can we fix this? There are people who have been working on the logistics for years.

And the sky doesn't fall. And the millions getting paid.
And the Arab estate agents specifically appointed by their people for such cases.

Exactly, why not both Arabs and Jews? Arabs are 20% in Israel, why building Jewish communities among Arab ones is a bad thing, beyond the pretentious spectacles of being forced into the top 20% of the worlds richest people?
And the evicted Palestinians lost their homes in 1948. It would be the right thing for them to get their homes back too.

Then so should all the Jews who were evicted during the period leading up to 1948 and subsequently.
Sure.
Good question. Israel has fucked over millions of people. Not just Palestinian but Jews too. They have all been just pawns in this scheme. Not to mention destroying the Holy Land.

Obviously I am not happy. How can we fix this? There are people who have been working on the logistics for years.

Aside from your usual retreat to conspiracy theories, I didn't see much factual information in your saliva slinging tirade.

Any specifics on the fucking you alleged?

Who are the pawns (pawn'ers and pawn'ees) in your elaborate conspiracy theory?

I hope you will accept the above in the helpful spirit as was intended.

Sure.

Aside from your usual retreat to conspiracy theories, I didn't see much factual information in your saliva slinging tirade.

Any specifics on the fucking you alleged?

Who are the pawns (pawn'ers and pawn'ees) in your elaborate conspiracy theory?

I hope you will accept the above in the helpful spirit as was intended.

There won’t be any response. There never is. Jews destroyed the Holy Land? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

• As far as Abbas and other Palestinians are concerned, Israel's security measures in response to terrorist attacks are also a "crime." In other words, they are saying that Israel does not have the right to conduct hot pursuit after terrorists hiding in Palestinian cities or refugee camps.

• When it comes to the actions of the Palestinian leaders themselves, however, they see utter innocence. For them, the daily incitement against Israel and Jews is not a "crime." For them, the glorification of terrorists and paying salaries to their families is not a "crime." For them, the shooting of a pregnant woman at a bus stop is not a "crime."

• Such messages are driving Palestinians into the open arms of Hamas. If you are telling your people that Israel and the Jews are criminals, and that anyone who does business with them or visits them is guilty of a "crime," you are telling them that Hamas has got it right: Palestinians should be seeking the destruction of Israel, not peace with it.

Palestinians: The Real "Crimes"

I had a vivid experience of what Israel's occupation feels like

"O little town of Bethlehem/How still we see thee lie/Above thy deep and dreamless sleep/The silent stars go by," runs the famous Christmas carol sung all over the English-speaking world as it celebrates Christmas. On Christmas Eve midnight mass will sound out from Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, the legendary birthplace of Jesus Christ, proclaiming he will bring "peace to men on earth".

The real Bethlehem
Nothing could be further from the truth than the image of a sweet, untroubled Bethlehem as depicted in a carol originally created by the pious imagination of a Victorian Western-Christian. Generations of Christian children have been brought up on it, and its mythical power is such that few of them realize what or even where Bethlehem is.

A well-educated English friend I had known for years was recently surprised to learn that Bethlehem was located in Palestine. In her mind the town was more a legend than an actual place, and connected to Jews, if to anyone.

That idea is still widespread and has been instrumental in keeping Western-Christians disengaged from the real Bethlehem and unsupportive of its struggle for survival. The city I saw on a visit earlier this year was a travesty of the place the Christmas carol depicts and an indictment of Western Christianity's abject failure to sustain one of its holiest shrines.

In today's Bethlehem "dreamless sleep" is more like a nightmare, and the town can only "lie still" when Israel's occupation ends.

Read more at
I had a vivid experience of what Israel's occupation feels like
@Copyright The Palestinian Information Center

I had a vivid experience of what the Islamist mini-caliphate looks like

8c862b7f87dd17c44e83a3922ac5-news_article_41136_28196_1477031402.jpg

Bethlehem: Where is the Outrage?
Apr 20, 2002 | by Diana West

Bethlehem: Where is the Outrage?

Bethlehem_Where_is_the_Outrage_(medium)_(english).jpg

Palestinian gunmen occupy the Church of the Nativity, as Israeli troops keep watch outside. Who's crossed the line?

16 years ago. Kinda old for perpetual outrage. But then in this conflict, perpetual outrage is a given.

In the context of Arabs-Moslems using religious sites for weapons storage to be used in the commission of crimes, there is an identifiable pattern of behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back