Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
29216304_2074129689488602_6931233688462032896_n.jpg

Al Jazeera shows a side to Gaza that Western media won’t

This report from Gaza on the Arabic language version of Al Jazeera TV, has just been translated into English.
The video shows footage of bustling, well-stocked glitzy shopping malls, an impressive children’s water park (at 5.25 in the video), fancy restaurants, nice hotels, the crowded food markets, toy shops brimming with the latest plush toys (at 8.39 in the video). Western media has often focused on the Gaza to the detriment of many other issues and crises throughout the world, such as Yemen.

The BBC, in particular, has devoted an inordinate amount of its budget and staff to covering Gaza in thousands of reports over the years. But you would be hard pressed to learn from western media coverage that, despite many difficulties, Gaza’s economy is also thriving in all kinds of ways.

Or that life expectancy in Gaza is now five years higher than the world average. And unlike those typically seen in European and American media dispatches from Gaza, in the Al-Jazeera video, almost no Palestinian interviewed even mentions Israel. Instead, they point primarily to the internal Palestinian political rift between Hamas and Fatah as being their main concern in terms of their businesses thriving. Israel barely gets a look in.

Last edited:

This report from Gaza on the Arabic language version of Al Jazeera TV, has just been translated into English.
The video shows footage of bustling, well-stocked glitzy shopping malls, an impressive children’s water park (at 5.25 in the video), fancy restaurants, nice hotels, the crowded food markets, toy shops brimming with the latest plush toys (at 8.39 in the video). Western media has often focused on the Gaza to the detriment of many other issues and crises throughout the world, such as Yemen.

The BBC, in particular, has devoted an inordinate amount of its budget and staff to covering Gaza in thousands of reports over the years. But you would be hard pressed to learn from western media coverage that, despite many difficulties, Gaza’s economy is also thriving in all kinds of ways.

Or that life expectancy in Gaza is now five years higher than the world average. And unlike those typically seen in European and American media dispatches from Gaza, in the Al-Jazeera video, almost no Palestinian interviewed even mentions Israel. Instead, they point primarily to the internal Palestinian political rift between Hamas and Fatah as being their main concern in terms of their businesses thriving. Israel barely gets a look in.

I thought the last sentence in the first paragraph was very revealing. Not only Yemen, but how many wars, conflicts and famines in countries around the world get overlooked because of the world's fixation and obsession with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? The Congo, Venezuela, Syria, Korea, Crimea, and probably many others that I don't even know about.

I thought the last sentence in the first paragraph was very revealing. Not only Yemen, but how many wars, conflicts and famines in countries around the world get overlooked because of the world's fixation and obsession with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? The Congo, Venezuela, Syria, Korea, Crimea, and probably many others that I don't even know about.

News13 reposted today, the Qatar's enjoy just transferred $30mil to Gaza this morning,
officials say, until 10 o'clock every family receives a $100, where the rest goes no one even mentions.

I just tend to think these people are not straight in the head, and that's the exact same envoy they've stoned last time after receiving $15mil. Qatar is probably the last Arab country willing to take the humiliation on live TV.
And Gazans themselves will help break that camel's back as well...

News13 just reposted the Qatar enjoy just passed $30mil to Hamas this morning,
until 10 o'clock every family receives a $100, where the rest goes no one even mentions.

I just tend to think these people are not straight in the head, and that's the exact same envoy they've stoned last time after receiving $15mil. Qatar is probably the last Arab country willing to take the humiliation on live TV.

What do they do with all that money?

UK's Channel 4 is even worse than the BBC.

It took Jordon Peterson to calmly dismantle one of their female lefty presenters.

until 10 o'clock every family receives a $100, where the rest goes no one even mentions.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-12-at-9.18.35-AM-630x635.png

Billions!

The mind boggles.

UK's Channel 4 is even worse than the BBC.

It took Jordon Peterson to calmly dismantle one of their female lefty presenters.

In Hebrew, the word 'lie' looks like it has only one leg to stand on, truth stands solid.
Peterson is real class act.

Last edited:

Billions!

The mind boggles.

And nothing substantial to offer in return.

D

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

Just look at this face. Dim, vacuous, fits the profile.

image.jpeg

D

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

A Jewish State is Anti Semitic? Where are the Hasidim when you need them !! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

D

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

A Jewish State is Anti Semitic? Where are the Hasidim when you need them !! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

That woman is as thick as a brick.

There are too many like her.

D

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

The story of Bil'am
Will a nation dwell alone and not be counted (or account for) among the nations?
Bamidbar 23:9

D

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

Where did this happen? Just curious

Retail is a "money out" industry. There is no investment in manufacturing and agriculture that were "money in" industries. The only ways to solve the money in problem is foreign aid or lifting the siege so that money can come in through trade.

D
Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

D
Billions!

The mind boggles.

Billions!

The mind boggles.

Rylah:

View attachment 260669

Probably London. Backed by Jeremy Corbyn.

But never fear.

A counter-demonstration, supporting Israel, moves through the London streets opposing a pro-Palestinian march on May 11, 2019. (Daniel LEAL-OLIVAS / AFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back