Palestinian teen kidnapped, beaten, released

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
I found this article in Ma'an today:

Unidentified assailants kidnap Jerusalem teen Maan News Agency

When I read these things I try to find them elsewhere, but I only found sites that were quoting Ma'an verbatim.

JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- Unidentified assailants kidnapped a 16-year-old Palestinian, Amir Majdi Ramadan, from Beit Hanina while he was heading to his school on a motorcycle Tuesday.

Ramadan's father said that according to what his son told him and reported to the police, while he was on his motorcycle going to school Tuesday morning he was hit by a car from behind, three unidentified assailants beat him with a gun on his head and placed him in the trunk of their vehicle.

The boy's father added that he did not know of the incident until he received a call from Amir's school telling him his son did not arrive.

He attempted to call his son several times before he received a call from a friend telling him his son was found lying in a neighborhood in Beit Hanina, and that a local took him to the main street and called an ambulance.

He said that the Israeli police arrived to the area and found a jacket covering the boy that is thought to belong to one of the kidnappers. A booklet in Hebrew was also found in the jacket's pocket.

This is sad as well. I await other opinions about this 'incident'.

Bleeding in his lungs? Sounds like a serious beating. Is there any more news? I can not find anything either.

When I read these things I try to find them elsewhere, but I only found sites that were quoting Ma'an verbatim.

JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- Unidentified assailants kidnapped a 16-year-old Palestinian, Amir Majdi Ramadan, from Beit Hanina while he was heading to his school on a motorcycle Tuesday.

Ramadan's father said that according to what his son told him and reported to the police, while he was on his motorcycle going to school Tuesday morning he was hit by a car from behind, three unidentified assailants beat him with a gun on his head and placed him in the trunk of their vehicle.

The boy's father added that he did not know of the incident until he received a call from Amir's school telling him his son did not arrive.

He attempted to call his son several times before he received a call from a friend telling him his son was found lying in a neighborhood in Beit Hanina, and that a local took him to the main street and called an ambulance.

He said that the Israeli police arrived to the area and found a jacket covering the boy that is thought to belong to one of the kidnappers. A booklet in Hebrew was also found in the jacket's pocket.

My opinion is, is that we're all evolving . . . some a bit slower than you, Coyote, and hopefully myself. Thank you for letting your guard down . . . somewhere there's a place for us. Love to you :) ~ Susan

Quite complex when you look at the evidence. Why place your jacket over an enemy when you know that it can be used to trace you from forensics. Why have a book in Hebrew in the pocket and leave it there as again it would be used to trace you. To me it says "planted evidence" to give a false trail, or a deliberate act to incite violence against the Israeli's. Too close to arafats celebrations and the bad blood between hamas and fatah to rule out tit for tat attacks. Sad that this is happening in a nation that really should be clamping down on such attacks and showing the world they are ready for self determination

Bleeding in his lungs? Sounds like a serious beating. Is there any more news? I can not find anything either.

Not really a moderate blow to the ribs could cause that, or inhalation of a substance. Far too many arrows pointing were the assailants want us to look

Quite complex when you look at the evidence. Why place your jacket over an enemy when you know that it can be used to trace you from forensics. Why have a book in Hebrew in the pocket and leave it there as again it would be used to trace you. To me it says "planted evidence" to give a false trail, or a deliberate act to incite violence against the Israeli's. Too close to arafats celebrations and the bad blood between hamas and fatah to rule out tit for tat attacks. Sad that this is happening in a nation that really should be clamping down on such attacks and showing the world they are ready for self determination

Far too many arrows pointing were the assailants want us to look

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!? I am not happy if this is true. However there seems to be too many holes in the story. I do not think even those that kidnapped and killed the three Israeli teens left this much evidence behind.

I am crying foul. It was a put up job to incite (continue) violence against the Jews or (hopefully) it didn't happen at all and is just an pack of lies to incite and continue the violence against the Jews.

Or a good samaritan might have covered him with his coat.

You are joking I hope. A good Samaritan covering him with his coat with a hebrew book in it's pocket and then just leaving him there? I am sorry Coyote, but now you are really playing (read: twisting) with reality.

You are joking I hope. A good Samaritan covering him with his coat with a hebrew book in it's pocket and then just leaving him there? I am sorry Coyote, but now you are really playing (read: twisting) with reality.

:dunno: That was the first thought that occurred to me - he could have left him to get help. Thing is - there is almost no information so it's hard to make any informed guesses.

At first I thought you posted this because of genuine concern but I think it's because you think it's a set-up. Not genuine concern.

A booklet (what booklet?) in Hebrew means nothing - Hebrew is the main language and most probably speak it and Arabic, I would think. The assault could have nothing to do with the tensions between Palestinians and Jews or it could. It could be gangs. It could be theft. Why jump to conclusions in absence of any facts? The news isn't doing that.

At first I thought you posted this because of genuine concern but I think it's because you think it's a set-up. Not genuine concern.

You are correct in a way. I did post it out of genuine concern, however there were several elements of the story that didn't 'ring true' with me. You have heard about the "ring of truth" haven't you? And with the lack of any other sources still makes me go hmm. . . . not even al-jazeera? But as you said some things go only from one source; perhaps so and if this story is true, then I do have genuine concern for the injured.

A booklet (what booklet?) in Hebrew means nothing - Hebrew is the main language and most probably speak it and Arabic, I would think.

Ahh, but have you ever tried to speak Hebrew to an Arab Israeli? That is where you think wrong. I tried to speak Hebrew to a merchant in the moslem quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem and he replied with a gesture of scissors cutting across the neck.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back